Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MrQ Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Why is there TWO skill checks to give the guy at the door the password before he blows you up? You can lose your whole squad in the following inferno when you fail which requires you to save-scum (IF you remembered to save before entering) in order to pass the rolls.

I've been blown up so many times, I just send one character in so my whole squad doesn't get decimated. Can the devs look into this? I totally get a skill check, as it's a tense moment, but I don't think two are needed, especially when the failure is so devastating.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
One way to not get blown up is to get the password beforehand?

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Eugerome

Even if you get the password, there’s no dialogue option to say it. After the last patch, it was removed.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

Even if you get the password, there’s no dialogue option to say it. After the last patch, it was removed.

Oh what, that is stupid. Bug then?

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

Oh what, that is stupid. Bug then?

Hopefully it’s just a bug.

addict
addict
Yes, this is a mistake. Until the last patch, everything worked and you could just say the password without checking. Unfortunately, the last patch broke a lot of things...

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
MrQ Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ok it's not just me then.

veteran
veteran
There is also another way to go completely around that guy ...
You just need to jump to roof, either from big burning house and slow fall or with jump boost ... and then simply enter trough hole in roof.

But that way there is another bug, guarding guy is not even spawned. laugh
Until you get to that place where you can burn, that is the second when he spawn.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Banned
Banned
The hideout of the Zenth scum feels buggy as hell to me.

° You speak with the Bossb*tch and get permission to see the special wares. You go back to the vendor -> no special wares pop up.
° In combat the wall is highlighted which is illusionary. ( Not that I understood why it was highlighted though. ^_^ )
° I safe the kidnapped Artist once as the sole survivor of the Massacre, but he just screams at me to go away and I can't interact with him anymore. I reload, do it again and now he is thankful.
° I activate the traps on that one "bridge way", but they do not explode when the AI walks over them. Instead I have to blow them up with a projectile manually.

Nothing of it is tha~t annoying.
You can cope with it one way or the other.
But it is apparent the hideout is not smoothed out.

addict
addict
wait what ! - there was a password?

I just tried to kill him before he hit the nuke button...

Where'd you get the password (112 hours & I'm still learning.....lol).

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tarorn

Have you encountered the gnolls? Near the large gnoll encounter (to the north of the smaller one), there's a cave with two smugglers in it. If you save them from said gnolls and don't insist on taking their treasure, they will give you the password into the Zhent hideout.

If you don't know where it is, it's roughly halfway between the burning inn and the tollhouse where you can get a quest to help or kill a certain tiefling on the run from the hells

Lover of non-haughty elves and non-smutty lesbian romance
"1404. I will not spoil the adventure's mandatory ambush by using the cheesy tactic of a "scout"." - From "Things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed to do in a (tabletop) RPG"
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Definitely the latest patch. Worked as intended before. This time, I heard him say something when I entered, but he never appeared or gave the challenge. I had to pick the lock on the special wardrobe to get in. Once in, everything worked as intended.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JustAnotherBaldu
The hideout of the Zenth scum feels buggy as hell to me.

° You speak with the Bossb*tch and get permission to see the special wares. You go back to the vendor -> no special wares pop up.
° In combat the wall is highlighted which is illusionary. ( Not that I understood why it was highlighted though. ^_^ )
° I safe the kidnapped Artist once as the sole survivor of the Massacre, but he just screams at me to go away and I can't interact with him anymore. I reload, do it again and now he is thankful.
° I activate the traps on that one "bridge way", but they do not explode when the AI walks over them. Instead I have to blow them up with a projectile manually.

Nothing of it is tha~t annoying.
You can cope with it one way or the other.
But it is apparent the hideout is not smoothed out.

And to think that I thought it was just In my game that this happened here. Also it wouldn't let me give the password I had to do two skill checks which made no sense to me. I thought then what the hell good is the password then?

R
stranger
stranger
R
I snuck around him and sent just one person down for easier sneaking. If you completed the gnolls quest they recognize you and you skip the whole what's the password issue.

I just assumed he would blow me up. Didn't even try and talk to him.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by zyr1987

Have you encountered the gnolls? Near the large gnoll encounter (to the north of the smaller one), there's a cave with two smugglers in it. If you save them from said gnolls and don't insist on taking their treasure, they will give you the password into the Zhent hideout.

If you don't know where it is, it's roughly halfway between the burning inn and the tollhouse where you can get a quest to help or kill a certain tiefling on the run from the hells
Originally Posted by zyr1987

Thank you - yes found the gnolls a very hard fight that one, both occasions I never got the password as the guys in the cave never survived. My one trip into the zhent hideout resulted in my killing everyone in there.
Started another play through now so will try a new tactic and see how it goes.

Link Copied to Clipboard