Next Thread
Print Thread
E
ealan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Some major complaints, not sure if they are bugs but they sure FEEL like bugs. I just completed the encounter in the swamp near the twisted tree (wood woads and mud imps). My party was Shadowheart, Laezel, and Gale (plus custom).

First complaint: jumping. I tried to sneak into this encounter. Custom trickster rogue (with jump spell), Laezel (with psionic jump or just a normal jump action), and Gale (with Misty Step) were the only ones who could cross the little gap in the water between the tiny island to the north-east of the twisted tree island. Shadowheart spent the entire fight watching from the "far" shore. She was attached to the main group, but she would not make the jump in stealth mode, and could not make it on her own. Then, when the fight was finished, she cleared the jump without issue due to the "keep the group together" function. That was ... frustrating.

Second complaint: jumping II, the lying UI. To make matters worse, it LOOKS like she should be able to make the jump, but no amount of clicking would convince her that she could, in fact, make that jump. Attached screen shot of her on the other side. This was after the fight, UI is clearly showing that a jump should be fine, but she will not jump. This "you can't REALLY jump" effect reared its head several times during the fight, especially in the water close to the Twisted Tree. The wood woads aggro'ed my rouge, and she wouldn't jump into any kind of advantageous positiong, despite the UI showing that she could. [img]https://imgur.com/9BenQG1[/img]

Third complaint: battle-time vs non-battle time, at the same time. While my 3 characters were engaged with the woads, I was trying really hard to get Shadowheart onto the island. I clicked on her portrait, and was able to run her all up and down the length of the swamp. All of the combatants were just patiently sitting there, waiting for her to admit defeat. It was very kind of them, but not very realistic. If time slows to turn-based somewhere, it should slow to turn-based everywhere.

Fourth complaint: Those mud imps are awful. It felt like they summoned more friends every round. This really feels like it should be a "recharge" ability. And if it IS a recharge ability ...

Fifth complaint: Can you show us the actual dice rolls, at least in the combat log? I can see the actual roll for some attacks/damage if I hover, but certainly not for all abilities. I see that Laezel used Second Wind, but no indication of how may HP she got back. The number did not pop up in the UI, and I am 99% sure that she didn't actually get any HP back. And if some abilities are recharge, please let us see those rolls too.

Sixth complaint: Stealth is WAY overpowered. Though my party is level 4, we could not beat those mud imps in a stand-up fight, because of the summons. I discovered that I could stealth-kill all of them, though, with complete impunity. That ... didn't feel good, but at least I was able to beat this mission. I really feel like if I start sniping someone, their friends should maybe scramble for cover, send out a search party ... something. Instead they just sat there growling and and roaring. It was hilarious, but sad. However, since I couldn't beat 10+ imps and 2 woads at the same time, and since I was limited to 3 party members, I didn't really feel too bad.

Seventh complaint: Irresistible Entanglement. If those shiny vines appear anywhere on the screen, I can be assured of one thing: that all of my party members will run directly into them. It doesn't seem to matter how carefully I click. It was sad-not-funny that when I saw another patch on the far side of Twisted Tree, I managed to stop the entire party in time! Then I clicked on Gale (so he could Fire Bolt them). The party re-organized itself and, I kid you not, all 3 of the others walked directly into the vines. I feel like DND characters should be able to recognize this kind of threat, especially given how pervasive it is. Can you make them a little smarter about walking around these plants? Or give us a right-click option for "Point Out Danger" or something, which will THEN make them more careful?

Final complaint (very small): that entire small island (north east of Twisted Tree Island) is apparently difficult terrain, but there is no UI indication that it is. Usually if you hover over DT, you get a little message on the left of the screen, not so here.

Thank you for listening.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ealan
Second complaint: jumping II, the lying UI. To make matters worse, it LOOKS like she should be able to make the jump, but no amount of clicking would convince her that she could, in fact, make that jump. Attached screen shot of her on the other side. This was after the fight, UI is clearly showing that a jump should be fine, but she will not jump. This "you can't REALLY jump" effect reared its head several times during the fight, especially in the water close to the Twisted Tree. The wood woads aggro'ed my rouge, and she wouldn't jump into any kind of advantageous positiong, despite the UI showing that she could. [img]https://imgur.com/9BenQG1[/img]

It must be some kind of a bug - I had the same problem with small STR characters after patch3 there - there are also a lot of topic about that fight on jumping issue on reddit.

E
ealan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Thanks, I'm glad it's not just me!

Link Copied to Clipboard