Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
I hate to be negative but the last patch was not great for me.

As a Stadia player I lost over a week of game play as I knew my saves would be trashed but not when,

The quality of life improvements are good but if anything I am finding the game less stable than it was before the patch.

The big thing for me though is that there was absolutely zero new content.

This game has dragged me out of gaming retirement as I like to build new characters, so please can we have some new options.

I loved the NWN series as it allowed so much creativity in character builds but I am not currently feeling any such freedom.

For me Tav is the only character I truly care about, I like the banter between the companions but otherwise they are there for support.

Am I alone in these feelings or do others feel the same?

Well, Swen mentioned "bigger things" coming after the holidays, so there's that to look forward to, I suppose.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
L
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
Indeed, lets hope for "bigger things".

What about a Rune Knight, they look good fun to play.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You won't get NWN level character creation - this is 5e, not 3.5e which I am told NWN is done in. They streamlined everything for 5e - but I seem to be alone here in disliking that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
But I did pick it up along with Pathfinder: Kingmaker when people brought it up here, so I may as well try it now.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by VeronicaTash
You won't get NWN level character creation - this is 5e, not 3.5e which I am told NWN is done in. They streamlined everything for 5e - but I seem to be alone here in disliking that.

There is a lot of material, it's just not in the Player's handbook. There are like 20 Fighter archetypes for example which are from:

Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
Explorer's Guide to Wildemount
Tasha's Cauldron of Everything
+ Some Unearthed arcana

Same for feats, there are TONS, just not in the player's handbook. I'm sure that eventually we will get a lot of options + modders will add everything missing on top.

Last edited by Kadajko; 07/01/21 12:18 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kadajko

There is a lot of material, it's just not in the Player's handbook. There are like 20 Fighter archetypes for example which are from:

Xanathar's Guide to Everything
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
Explorer's Guide to Wildemount
Tasha's Cauldron of Everything
+ Some Unearthed arcana

Same for feats, there are TONS, just not in the player's handbook. I'm sure that eventually we will get a lot of options + modders will add everything missing on top.

Well I will have to agree with you and the OP as well as I don't think that everything in DND 5e can be put into the game but there will be a lot more. We have to remember we are in EA. But in regards to the OP I'm with him/her that not only do we need more playable game content but more of the bugs fixed as well.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L

No... you definitely are not alone there.

Character building in 3.5ed is simply unmatched... i try to remind myself 5ed(far better than 4ed) isnt larians baby... there are areas larian took it even steps further also though..

addict
addict
I'll only agree with you about the patch. The latest patch caused more bugs than there were before. And these are not animation bugs (although they are also), but quest bugs. So I hope that this will be fixed very soon. I'm not even waiting for new content, I'm waiting for fixes to what was broken last time.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
enthusiast
enthusiast
For certain, all group movements, group jumps, group climbs and so on are totally borked since last patch. I often have to reload and try movement several times to avoid one or another character getting stuck in the environment and doing the infinite up and down dance. Can't even bother trying to climb up a hill, up to a roof or jump down from anywhere without experiencing this problem - even if I unchain everyone and try separately - somehow, someone always gets stuck.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I love that after a jump the characters do loss molecular cohesion and become a gelstat, because they land in the same spot. laugh laugh

old hand
old hand
Rumor says we're getting new classes in patch 5 (druid and paladin, which sounds too good to be true), but nothing about patch 4. Time for endless speculation until it actually drops.

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Rumor says we're getting new classes in patch 5 (druid and paladin, which sounds too good to be true), but nothing about patch 4. Time for endless speculation until it actually drops.
Yeah, about that. A streamer with no reputable connection to Larian said that, so I would take it with a mountain of salt

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Video game development, especially for games of this calibur, take an insane amount of time, energy, people, and resources. The last thing Larian needs to do is listen to impatient complainers and try to rush out content.

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by TripSin
Video game development, especially for games of this calibur, take an insane amount of time, energy, people, and resources. The last thing Larian needs to do is listen to impatient complainers and try to rush out content.
What's the worst that could happen? It could just be free of bugs, no cut contents, and make everyone happy like Cyberpunk. I heard nothing but good thing when a game like Cyberpunk got rushed out.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DuskHorseman
Yeah, about that. A streamer with no reputable connection to Larian said that, so I would take it with a mountain of salt

Darn it. Too good to be true, like I said.

We'll probably just get lame classes like monks and barbarians. Runs from the monk and barbarian fans.

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by DuskHorseman

Darn it. Too good to be true, like I said.

We'll probably just get lame classes like monks and barbarians. Runs from the monk and barbarian fans.
I'd better run fast, because those classes have good constitution!

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Hilarian
What's the worst that could happen? It could just be free of bugs, no cut contents, and make everyone happy like Cyberpunk. I heard nothing but good thing when a game like Cyberpunk got rushed out.

Wrong paragon. Cyberpunk 2077 wasn't launched as Early Access but as full game.

Furthermore to add new content litteraly isn't a call for a rushed release of the full game, just that some new content would be appreciated, because to launch a game, even if in early access, currently means not only to make it a paid beta testing, that is supposed to have been done before the early access launch, but to be ready to have content for the players.

A players platform is not made only by those who have no problems to spend thousands of hours in search for bugs, glithcs, narrative incoherences, or to try new strategies to end the same quest lines, to understand the game to be able to make thre or two party runs, or to achieve the solo run, the platform its made from those players who like the background were conscious of the "early access", finished quickly the first act, and now would like to play again without the continuous sensation of deja vu.

To launch a game, even in early access, means to be open both to fix technical and narrative problems and to add new content (again: add new content doesn't mean to rush the full release, in the case of Early Access, just like for full releases doesn't mean to create a complete sequel).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
Originally Posted by Hilarian

Wrong paragon. Cyberpunk 2077 wasn't launched as Early Access but as full game.

Furthermore to add new content litteraly isn't a call for a rushed release of the full game, just that some new content would be appreciated, because to launch a game, even if in early access, currently means not only to make it a paid beta testing, that is supposed to have been done before the early access launch, but to be ready to have content for the players.

A players platform is not made only by those who have no problems to spend thousands of hours in search for bugs, glithcs, narrative incoherences, or to try new strategies to end the same quest lines, to understand the game to be able to make thre or two party runs, or to achieve the solo run, the platform its made from those players who like the background were conscious of the "early access", finished quickly the first act, and now would like to play again without the continuous sensation of deja vu.

To launch a game, even in early access, means to be open both to fix technical and narrative problems and to add new content (again: add new content doesn't mean to rush the full release, in the case of Early Access, just like for full releases doesn't mean to create a complete sequel).

But, by definition, a paid beta test is EXACTLY what Early Access is.

It DOESN"T mean, hey, you get to play the game now, and the suckers who didn't pay, get to pay the exact same amount to play later. While they will add some form of additional content during an Early Access, their are no requirements as to when the content is added, how much is added, or what form it will take. You pay for the triple secret access ride, and get what you get, including the possibility of deja vu. When you buy a pizza pie, you get to choose whether you eat a slice a day for eight days, or eat all eight slices at once - but you DON"T get to east all eight slices and say "I'm still hungry - you owe me more slices now".

Last edited by Anfindel; 09/01/21 04:12 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard