Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
Have tried both vulkan shaders and dx 11. Bugs in this game put some serious quizzes what are you currently doing. This game needs a patch right now. It's quite rough for Early Access game and I have played some seriously rough early access games and have played Pathfinder Kingmaker at launch.
It literary needs a stability patch

Last edited by EstherEloise; 13/01/21 09:15 AM.
E
OP Offline
E
My specc

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 8400 @ 2.80GHz 65 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B360M H (U3E1) 42 °C
Graphics
DELL P2417H (1920x1080@60Hz)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (ASUStek Computer Inc) 61 °C
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08WN4A0 (SATA ) 34 °C
223GB Crucial CT240BX500SSD1 (SATA (SSD)) 39 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

E
OP Offline
E
anyone? I seen this thread has 25 views? Why no replies?

journeyman
journeyman
Well, your RAM is quite slow (minimum for DDR4 is 2133Mhz, and judging by your processor, you probably have DDR4 onboard) so you might be having issues with that. Try running Windows Memory Diagnostic (under Windows Administrative Tools) and see if that finds anything wrong.

Also, while your graphics card seems to meet the minimum specs, its VRAM is below recommended (and the only thing about the card that is below spec), which might be causing issues if you set your graphics quality too high, and make sure you have the latest drivers. Current nVidia driver version is 461.09. The temps aren't setting off any alarm bells, though, so I think you're fine there.

If that doesn't help, then I would recommend emailing Larian support with a detailed description of your issue

Lover of non-haughty elves and non-smutty lesbian romance
"1404. I will not spoil the adventure's mandatory ambush by using the cheesy tactic of a "scout"." - From "Things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed to do in a (tabletop) RPG"
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Can you be specific about what errors you're encountering? I think there are some other threads that may also cover this.

I was fortunate enough to have no issues - my system overview: GTX980, Win 10- 64-bit, SSD+HDD, 16 GB ram, fairly standfard mob+mem etc

The game is occasionally a bit sluggish but usually quite smooth. I used DX11 (or was it 12?) - well, definitely not Vulkan. I assume you're on the most current drivers for your card, and you have checked that the install worked for game (verified game file integrity under Steam). If it's really cerashing catastrophically I'd guess one of the abiove two. Or you memory may have developed some isuses - you could run a memtest at boot-up. But that is less likely if other games work OK.

Originally Posted by EstherEloise
Have tried both vulkan shaders and dx 11. Bugs in this game put some serious quizzes what are you currently doing. This game needs a patch right now. It's quite rough for Early Access game and I have played some seriously rough early access games and have played Pathfinder Kingmaker at launch.
It literary needs a stability patch

I tried to run this on a laptop with integrated gfx chip and Patch 3 seemed to make it a bit more playable. I settled on a cloud pc instead because the graphics really adds to the game, and battles take 3x as long on a potato rig or non-gaming laptop. You end up playing with your own patience than the game itself.

I say that to 1) mention that patches do offer stability and 2) that the graphics card seems to be the limiting factor as far as getting this game to run properly - especially if you are getting graphical issues. Looking up your card on User Benchmark, your card rates at 50%. Meaning it can probably run games, but it's not capable of running modern and upcoming games smoothly or without lag. You can try making sure your card is as up to date as possible by installing Nvidia GeForce Experience. Sometimes each update mentions a game that has improved in stability in its patch notes. Also, even making sure windows is up to date can improve things.

I'd suggest it is a hardware problem on your end perhaps. On my higher end machine it generally runs and looks flawless.

veteran
veteran
In think @zyr1987 captured it. If you have ability to upgrade you could try adding another 16 ram and see what that does. You will also be surprised how much better the computer runs.

E
OP Offline
E
I do have 16 GB RAM? Are you saying I need 32 GB RAM?

Last edited by EstherEloise; 13/01/21 06:18 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by EstherEloise
I do have 16 GB RAM? Are you saying I need 32 GB RAM?
I'm not, though I'm thinking your RAM might be going bad, just based on what you posted, and might need replacing, though I would run a memory diagnostic first, to make sure.

Lover of non-haughty elves and non-smutty lesbian romance
"1404. I will not spoil the adventure's mandatory ambush by using the cheesy tactic of a "scout"." - From "Things Mr. Welch is no longer allowed to do in a (tabletop) RPG"
enthusiast
enthusiast
16GB is fine. I played with 8GB on medium settings. What bugs me is that you say you have a 3GB 1060? Thats weird...I thought all 1060s were 6GB? I had a straight up 1050 with 4GB and, as I said, it played fine on medium, with a i5-7300HQ. I eventually went up to 24GB RAM ( 2400Mhz I think ) and it made little to no difference. I think you might have some hardware issues maybe...

Link Copied to Clipboard