Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
At "End Times", there are 2 opportunities to give up source:

1. Before fight start, Dallis will ask. If we choose to surrender here, we fight along side Lucian and Dallis against Braccus. We accept our fate as silent monks.

2. Not accepting the above, fight Lucian, Dallis and Braccus. After winning, choose to become divine, then additional choices come up, giving up all source to seal the veil is one of them.

I am referring to the second one above. In my first play through, because of Lucian explanation, I thought I will become the fake divine and my teammates will be fine. But hell no, we became silent monks and Lucian back to his throne. I was like WTF !@#$%

I finished 4 play through but this just keep coming back to my mind. I never choose that again in my other play through.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
This is my least favourite plot hole.

- You can easily kill Lucian. Ascend. Do it yourself.
- Malady could do it all. Wouldn't cost her either, because of the literal ocean of source.
- Dallis could've done it. Maybe. Make more sense either way.

The other glaring issue ...
It is massively obvious, the Genocide did not need to happen. Meister Seiva. Partially drained to the point of normality - never to grow again. Never brought up.

journeyman
journeyman
I really do think that if we do get a sixth giftbag, it should be one that fixes plot holes by giving players more questions to ask in certain conversations and more choices like.... purging Lucian first and then getting the same treatment yourself.

I know there are reasons behind some plotholes, but there are also a few that just seem like lazy writing to me.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard