Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
I want to spend my extra gold on luxurious gifts for Minthara to see her reaction and admiration, some wine and blood goblet for Astarion, perhaps his portrait or statue from the artist. Flowers and wine for Shadow Heart, and so on. Also I want to give Laezel a dragon egg.
Need dialogues for every gift

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
I thik i have seen simmilar post around here somewhere ...

Oh yes, its was also your topic ... how surpsising. -_-
https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=743356

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 15/01/21 07:27 AM.

I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Italy
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Italy
Oh, look, it's OneManArmy once again under the delusion that this is supposed to be first and foremost a dating sim/kink-simulator.


Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Joined: Jan 2021
E
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
E
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I want to spend my extra gold on luxurious gifts for Minthara to see her reaction and admiration, some wine and blood goblet for Astarion, perhaps his portrait or statue from the artist. Flowers and wine for Shadow Heart, and so on. Also I want to give Laezel a dragon egg.
Need dialogues for every gift

This isn't a JRPG or Story of Seasons type of game

Joined: Dec 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Dec 2020
I always thought, you could give Wylls eye to him. Since it seems to be magical preserved, I thought, it might lead to a questline, where he can restore his eye. Or, if you successfully identify Shadowhearts mysterious artefact as githyanki, steal it from her and give it to Lae'zel, who in turn might use it to overthrow that githyanki commander, whom she said is acting against Vlaakith.
I don't know - something meaningful for new questlines, not mandatory, but nice to do.
I don't want a gift dump for the sake of raising companions approval - that always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited by fylimar; 15/01/21 09:37 AM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Joined: Jan 2021
Location: Netherlands
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jan 2021
Location: Netherlands
If each companion would have a gift/gift system, that would mean that more dev-time would need to go into each companion. Which leads to ultimately getting less companions overall as they require even more work than they already do with the strange origin system that current ones have right now.

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Well you can give gifts to Gale you know...


I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Joined: Nov 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Nov 2020
The suggestion of gifts reminds me of Dragon Age Origins, and gifts kinda trivialized that approval system to where it might as well not existed.

Though I think we should be allowed to give certain items to companions that are relevant to them, like Wyll's eye. Some gifts and some more quest/story related. But not as an entire system where you gift tons of gifts to raise approval.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 15/01/21 08:55 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
B
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
B
Joined: Oct 2020
nope.

Joined: Jan 2021
E
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
E
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
The suggestion of gifts reminds me of Dragon Age Origins, and gifts kinda trivialized that approval system to where it might as well not existed.

Though I think we should be allowed to give certain items to companions that are relevant to them, like Wyll's eye. Some gifts and some more quest/story related. But not as an entire system where you gift tons of gifts to raise approval.

I think this system steams from JRPGs, they are very simple in that regard.

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Yeah relevant and more deep/profound things that tie in with storylines rather than just "giving gifts to increase approval", honestly.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Yeah relevant and more deep/profound things that tie in with storylines rather than just "giving gifts to increase approval", honestly.
This is what I meant. Gifts must be unique and deeply crafted, not as done in Dragon Age

Joined: Nov 2020
Banned
Online Content
Banned
Joined: Nov 2020
Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition actually removed the cheap 'approval farming' gifts actually, and just kept the meaningful ones.

Also, actually, after having replayed Origins recentely i noticed the game pretty much allows to get max approval with everyone but Wynne and Zevran even completely forgoing the non-story relevant gifts. It's pretty cool.

Last edited by Innateagle; 16/01/21 01:18 PM.
Joined: Sep 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Sep 2020
Oh wow, they're still letting these cringe posts happen? The guy has been playing out his kinks for months under the guise of actual contributions and these forums serve to enable him. But to be on topic, no, I don't need some dumb arbitrary system to further improve how pixels perceive me in order to cater to my fetishes. But we're all aware that these aren't even actually suggestions from OP at this point.


I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Duchess of Gorgombert
Offline
Duchess of Gorgombert
Joined: May 2010
Location: Oxford
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
Oh wow, they're still letting these cringe posts happen? The guy has been playing out his kinks for months under the guise of actual contributions and these forums serve to enable him.

There's absolutely no excuse for insulting other forum members. The next time you do so you will be having some time out.


J'aime le fromage.
Joined: Jan 2021
H
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
H
Joined: Jan 2021
TBH, it reminds me of the DAO system where there are some significant gifts. It's not essential. If it's there, it's there for me.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5