Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Very early on, there is a Wisdom check option in dialogue with Gale. He *reacts* to this check as if this was a psychic intrusion, however there is nothing indicating it should be anything of the sort. It’s not an Illithid Wisdom check and is available before the game opens tadpole checks; it isn’t a spell, though as I recall, choosing it *looks* like using tadpole powers. His reaction indicates it’s not Insight, but in context, it’s exactly when a character would use an Insight check.

Anyhow, maybe this bit of dialogue is mislabeled and should be a tadpole Wisdom check? Otherwise I don’t see why the MC and Gale are acting like an ordinary Wisdom check is intrusive mind-reading. Or why a human Ranger would even be capable of intrusive mind-reading outside tadpole powers with a simple skill check.

veteran
veteran
It would help very much to know what the hells are you talking about. laugh

I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
old hand
old hand
They're talking about the option that you have to pry into gale's mind when you first meet him.

You are using the tadpole, int he sense that you all share a connection, because of the tadpoles, and you're using that connection to attempt to read his mind. It's not an Ilithid domination ability, like they introduce later - you never use those on companions. Instead, with companions, you just probe the innate connection that you all share by way of the tadpoles. You get several other opportunities to intrude on your companions like this later on as well. They aren't counted as the same thing as when you use your tadpole to influence someone who doesn't have one.

Link Copied to Clipboard