Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#752360 20/01/21 04:56 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I dont know how Larian Studios have conceived vampires for the game, but I think It would be funny that at least garlic didnt heal him, or even make him some damage.

Last edited by Nordwood; 20/01/21 05:08 PM.
H
journeyman
journeyman
H
I believe vampires can eat garlic in the 5th edition and that's what Larian based BG3 on. Plus, even without that, it's stated that tadpole changed him physically. He can walk into houses, not afraid of river or sunlight.

Last edited by Hilarian; 20/01/21 07:12 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Hilarian
I believe vampires can eat garlic in the 5th edition and that's what Larian based BG3 on. Plus, even without that, it's stated that tadpole changed him physically. He can walk into houses, not afraid of river or sunlight.

Still afraid of the river, unfortunately...

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Nyloth

Or even slightly wet ground.

S
addict
addict
S
He doesn’t seem to have an issue jumping to Karlach.

G
addict
addict
G
It's not necessarily about the water. He's just not going to do everything you tell him. He's got standards.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by grysqrl
It's not necessarily about the water. He's just not going to do everything you tell him. He's got standards.

Please. I can make him stand in water till he dies. He literally does everything I tell him to do. laugh

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Just to be clear: If you take direct control of him, you can make him go into running water and even kill him that way. If he is following, he will try to navigate around running water, even to the point of not following you sometimes. Sometimes he goes in anyway; I can't figure out the exact circumstances.

Meaning he stinks like hell because he hasn't taken a bath in years.

Send him to the gurr

addict
addict
Originally Posted by A Clown

Meaning he stinks like hell because he hasn't taken a bath in years.

Send him to the gurr

1. Take a barrel
2. Add non-running water
3. Add a dirty vampire

ta-dam!

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
I'm a bit confused about the rules tbh. I thought Vampires are afraid of running water but not water itself? They leave it for interpretation according to the DM, right? Like, vampire could get wet or wet themselves with cloth but they're fine as long as they're not running water?

addict
addict
I'm a bit confused about the rules tbh. I thought Vampires are afraid of running water but not water itself? They leave it for interpretation according to the DM, right? Like, vampire could get wet or wet themselves with cloth but they're fine as long as they're not running water?

Well I'm not pro DnD player, but It is how it's work in game for Astarion. Running water can hurt him, but other water no.

veteran
veteran
Well I'm not pro DnD player, but It is how it's work in game for Astarion. Running water can hurt him, but other water no.
But you must admit it would be funny as hell, if some goblin burn Astarion ... and you, intenting to help him, throw a carafe of water, or conjure water at his location ... just to give him additional acid damage. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
But you must admit it would be funny as hell, if some goblin burn Astarion ... and you, intenting to help him, throw a carafe of water, or conjure water at his location ... just to give him additional acid damage. laugh

Once I accidentally healed Fane, it was sad...

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ah I see then. I didnt know that about vampires and garlic in 5th edition, and didnt remembered the thing about running water, now I know why he dont cross the river, I thought it was a bug lol!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD

Actually, I kinda want to see this. Running water should hurt him and create water as shown is definitely running water and it would add some more aspects to his Vampirism.

Link Copied to Clipboard