Print Thread
#752386 20/01/21 08:15 PM
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Greetings Forums,

I have some questions, didn't find anything at least on a fast Google search haha:

1) Will the game include in its system the material from the following books or just follow the core DMG, PHB and MM?
Xanathar’s Guide to Everything
Mordenkainen’s Tomb of Foes
Volo’s Guide to Monster
Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything

2)Variation rules from the core book will be included for character creation?

3)Will the character creation be expanded in the stand point of picking gear and having more roleplay opportunities based on the background origin? Divinity if you decided to pick a custom character you were harming more your experience given it would be less story exposure and interaction with the companions;

4)Regarding items, will Larian make their own Magical items or will they only adopt the RAW table from the official material?

Takamori #752390 20/01/21 08:37 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
We don't know all the information just yet when it comes to vanilla, but I can answer with a big fat YES to every question if you are not against downloading mods, because Larian endorses modding, and modders of this community are very talented and skilled, I would be surprised if every imaginable race / spell / item wouldn't be added to the game in the first month, and if those mods would not be of solid quality.

Takamori #752391 20/01/21 08:42 PM
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Thanks for the answer and hope I'm not sounding rude but I'm not against at all using mods, but at the same time would expect the full material provided by Wizards of the Coasts given they are backing this project with their IP and system.
Of course you won't be able to implement 1 for 1 every nook and cranny from the system, utility spells are really overpowered in TT version of the game, but when we see a video game version you rather opt out for pure raw damage.

Takamori #752392 20/01/21 08:58 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Officially Larian so far promised only all the Player's handbook material.

Last edited by Kadajko; 20/01/21 08:58 PM.
Takamori #752464 21/01/21 11:32 AM
S
veteran
veteran
S
id say "probably not besides some things that specifically fit the game" like the gith.

Link Copied to Clipboard