Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2021
N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
Joined: Jan 2021
Has anyone tried this yet?

What happens if I join forces with Minthara (play a Drow Warlock) but after defeating the Tieflings and the Druids I think there can only be one drow smile and eliminate Minthara? Is that even possible in EA? Is that planned?

Joined: Jan 2021
addict
Online Content
addict
Joined: Jan 2021
Well... yes I did the evil route as a Drow.

Minthara tries to kill you in your own camp after the victory.

Also after the battle you can tell Minthara you're going to kill her too. Or call her out for not worshipping the spider queen.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Minthara has the spiciest romance scenes, so don't eliminate her too early!


“This year the utopian candy shell has melted away to expose a hard center of bizarre reality.”
Joined: Jan 2021
N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
Joined: Jan 2021
But is there a problem with Minthara on one side and the Tieflings and Druids dead on the other? Then who will help me in the story?

Joined: Jun 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jun 2020
If you simply kill everyone, through story choices or overt senseless violence, both sides have documents on their bodies that still point you towards moonrise and the continuing of the game.

Joined: Jan 2021
N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
Joined: Jan 2021
Thanks a lot. I did not think about the documents. You are absolutely right

btw it was not senseless violence it was a roleplaying choice wink

Last edited by Naginata; 27/01/21 10:44 AM.
Joined: Sep 2015
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Sep 2015
I do not like it when NPC just drop a letter when you kill them.
Freedom to play however you want is great, but freedom includes also freedom to fail.

suggestion:
In case you kill both sides there is another way:
In the goblin base is a special room. Its locked and guarded and if you go close to it you will first be warned and then attacked.
In the room there are traps and a locked chest. In the chest are the orders of the absolute for the goblins with a hint of their position.
But it is encrypted so in order to read it you need to kill the goblins (or manage to sneak past them), get the letter and then go somewhere else and do something else to read it.


groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Joined: Jan 2021
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Jan 2021
I killed the druids, then sided with Minthara to kill the Tieflings in my first playthrough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...solo_the_ea_version_are_there_plans_for/

The problem is that the Goblins go hostile no matter what you do. Fighting Minthara in your camp will turn them all hostile, even though they're nowhere around. I mean you just walked through their entire camp as a friendly, then went on a raid with them, so why are they hostile?

What if an evil PC could "take over" Minthara's position with her gone, at least temporarily? There is a lot of story involving the Drow in the EA. Who are the other Drow coming to the surface to assist or control the Goblins? Why did that other group of Drow kidnap the Duke? Are they working together or have different agendas, like there's some sort of problem between groups of Drow in the Underdark? Maybe you can boss them around for a little while until someone realizes the other leaders are dead, or one of the other Drow recognize you, or you just leave with the other Drow?

Ok, High Priestess Gut has to die no matter what, apparently, but Dror Ragzlin doesn't. He's also not the brightest. What do the Goblins do with all of their leaders dead, anyway, and why would they blame you (especially if you're a Drow)? Who was the assassin that killed High Priestess Gut?

I would also like an evil Goblin companion (even with a romance scene). I made a joke post here on Reddit about Sazza:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/mg6abu/poll_let_sazza_be_so_thankful_you_rescued_her/
It didn't go over well but I was just saying there are several instances where an appropriate "romance" could happen. I mean you can already "romance" Minthara and there's that Bugbear/Ogre cutscene in the barn and all of the rest of the lewd Goblin comments.

I can imagine a scenario where the Goblins *don't* go hostile and allow you to stay allied with them, even after Minthara's death. Maybe they don't trust you and decide to send a Goblin with you on your adventures. I would pick a Goblin Rogue with the Assassin subclass, who later may try to actually assassinate you if you go against the Goblins or don't convince it to stay sided with you.

I would also like to see more of the sexual side of the Drow in the Underdark at some point. Their society has always been interesting to me. Drow Handbook. Love is on p. 28.

Last edited by rdb100; 02/04/21 05:01 AM.
Joined: Dec 2020
A
member
Offline
member
A
Joined: Dec 2020
Originally Posted by rdb100
I killed the druids, then sided with Minthara to kill the Tieflings in my first playthrough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...solo_the_ea_version_are_there_plans_for/

The problem is that the Goblins go hostile no matter what you do. Fighting Minthara in your camp will turn them all hostile, even though they're nowhere around. I mean you just walked through their entire camp as a friendly, then went on a raid with them, so why are they hostile?

What if an evil PC could "take over" Minthara's position with her gone, at least temporarily? There is a lot of story involving the Drow in the EA. Who are the other Drow coming to the surface to assist or control the Goblins? Why did that other group of Drow kidnap the Duke? Are they working together or have different agendas, like there's some sort of problem between groups of Drow in the Underdark? Maybe you can boss them around for a little while until someone realizes the other leaders are dead, or one of the other Drow recognize you, or you just leave with the other Drow?

Ok, High Priestess Gut has to die no matter what, apparently, but Dror Ragzlin doesn't. He's also not the brightest. What do the Goblins do with all of their leaders dead, anyway, and why would they blame you (especially if you're a Drow)? Who was the assassin that killed High Priestess Gut?

I would also like an evil Goblin companion (even with a romance scene). I made a joke post here on Reddit about Sazza:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/mg6abu/poll_let_sazza_be_so_thankful_you_rescued_her/
It didn't go over well but I was just saying there are several instances where an appropriate "romance" could happen. I mean you can already "romance" Minthara and there's that Bugbear/Ogre cutscene in the barn and all of the rest of the lewd Goblin comments.

I can imagine a scenario where the Goblins *don't* go hostile and allow you to stay allied with them, even after Minthara's death. Maybe they don't trust you and decide to send a Goblin with you on your adventures. I would pick a Goblin Rogue with the Assassin subclass, who later may try to actually assassinate you if you go against the Goblins or don't convince it to stay sided with you.

I would also like to see more of the sexual side of the Drow in the Underdark at some point. Their society has always been interesting to me. Drow Handbook. Love is on p. 28.
As far as I can tell, killing Priestess Gut isn't necessary. There are (at least) three other routes to the Underdark, you can quite easily get to the Underdark through the temple without killing Gut (eg by freeing yourself and sneaking past her and her ogre), and the only person you have to deal with to progress the Druid Grove quest is Minthara.

Joined: Jan 2021
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by rdb100
I would also like an evil Goblin companion (even with a romance scene). I made a joke post here on Reddit about Sazza:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/mg6abu/poll_let_sazza_be_so_thankful_you_rescued_her/
It didn't go over well but I was just saying there are several instances where an appropriate "romance" could happen. I mean you can already "romance" Minthara and there's that Bugbear/Ogre cutscene in the barn and all of the rest of the lewd Goblin comments.

I can imagine a scenario where the Goblins *don't* go hostile and allow you to stay allied with them, even after Minthara's death. Maybe they don't trust you and decide to send a Goblin with you on your adventures. I would pick a Goblin Rogue with the Assassin subclass, who later may try to actually assassinate you if you go against the Goblins or don't convince it to stay sided with you.

I would also like to see more of the sexual side of the Drow in the Underdark at some point. Their society has always been interesting to me. Drow Handbook. Love is on p. 28.


[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Sorry for the necrobump but there's sexy goblins in the game already, and like I mentioned before, interspecies sex cutscenes. There's hookers in the original BG games as well.

I think they should let us do something like the Five Flagons Inn or Thieves Guild and let us run our own bar or brothel once we get to Baldur's Gate.

Last edited by rdb100; 29/04/21 12:09 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by Madscientist
I do not like it when NPC just drop a letter when you kill them.
Freedom to play however you want is great, but freedom includes also freedom to fail.

suggestion:
In case you kill both sides there is another way:
In the goblin base is a special room. Its locked and guarded and if you go close to it you will first be warned and then attacked.
In the room there are traps and a locked chest. In the chest are the orders of the absolute for the goblins with a hint of their position.
But it is encrypted so in order to read it you need to kill the goblins (or manage to sneak past them), get the letter and then go somewhere else and do something else to read it.
Interesting ...
Funny thing is their letters and diaries are not even necesary ... there is litteraly tons of places where you can find mentions of Moonrise Tower. :-/

Its in the room where Nettie takes you ...
You can find it in priestess Gut room ...
If you talk with Gut, i believe there is chance to get that info ... (not sure here)
I believe even Minthara leave some notes at her war table ...
That halfling Zhentarim vendor will mention it ...
And if im not misstaken, at least one goblin can mention it too ...
Problem is that someone can miss all of them. laugh It not easy to be honest, but its certainly possible ... and that is i believe the reason they decide to let them hold another diary.

Fun fact ... when you join Goblins and kill Halsin, he will drop his diary ... when you kill Minthara, she also drops Halsin's diary ... it might be bug, but i finded it quite amusing, that big daddy Halsin writed 3 diaries at once, so he can left one in groove, keep another one for himself, and being somehow robbed of third even if he was in bear form whole time. laugh


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Feb 2021
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Feb 2021
Lol. That's funny about 3 diaries. Halsin loves to write. Maybe he'll be the next Volo.

I agree, though, about documents. Too many. I think I'll make a separate thread about it.

Joined: Sep 2017
Location: CARDIFF
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: CARDIFF
Originally Posted by rdb100
Originally Posted by rdb100
I would also like an evil Goblin companion (even with a romance scene). I made a joke post here on Reddit about Sazza:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/mg6abu/poll_let_sazza_be_so_thankful_you_rescued_her/
It didn't go over well but I was just saying there are several instances where an appropriate "romance" could happen. I mean you can already "romance" Minthara and there's that Bugbear/Ogre cutscene in the barn and all of the rest of the lewd Goblin comments.

I can imagine a scenario where the Goblins *don't* go hostile and allow you to stay allied with them, even after Minthara's death. Maybe they don't trust you and decide to send a Goblin with you on your adventures. I would pick a Goblin Rogue with the Assassin subclass, who later may try to actually assassinate you if you go against the Goblins or don't convince it to stay sided with you.

I would also like to see more of the sexual side of the Drow in the Underdark at some point. Their society has always been interesting to me. Drow Handbook. Love is on p. 28.


[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Sorry for the necrobump but there's sexy goblins in the game already, and like I mentioned before, interspecies sex cutscenes. There's hookers in the original BG games as well.

I think they should let us do something like the Five Flagons Inn or Thieves Guild and let us run our own bar or brothel once we get to Baldur's Gate.


Isn't that a Goblin CHILD!?


Love and sausages xx
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
It seem more like Goblin "barely legal teen" ... :-/
I mean, it is (almost?) the same size as fullgrown Goblin standing right there. O_o

Also im not quite educated in when Goblins are even concideret adult in their society ...
Maybe they keep being concidered child until they murder someone on raid, or something like that ... no matter their actual age.

Anyway its face is cute tho ...
What is kinda sad about it is some Goblins (this one and Vendor outside for example) looks much better than some of our PC options. :-/


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
I'm sad cuz if you kill everyone, then you lose a lot of personal content with companions, because you don't have a party.


I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Joined: Jan 2021
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by 0Muttley0
[quote=rdb100]
Isn't that a Goblin CHILD!?

No. Neither are the other ones.

Joined: Nov 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
It seem more like Goblin "barely legal teen" ... :-/
I mean, it is (almost?) the same size as fullgrown Goblin standing right there. O_o

Also im not quite educated in when Goblins are even concideret adult in their society ...
Maybe they keep being concidered child until they murder someone on raid, or something like that ... no matter their actual age.

Anyway its face is cute tho ...
What is kinda sad about it is some Goblins (this one and Vendor outside for example) looks much better than some of our PC options. :-/

"Goblins reach adulthood at age 8 and live up to 60 years." Apparently they reach maturity at 8 years old which.... explains a lot actually. It'd be interesting if we saw some ritual for goblins to be considered adults in their tribe.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
"Goblins reach adulthood at age 8 and live up to 60 years." Apparently they reach maturity at 8 years old which.... explains a lot actually. It'd be interesting if we saw some ritual for goblins to be considered adults in their tribe.
I allways thought that theese are just physical matters ...
Just like when you are "full grown" in matter of being able to reproduce, and start aging, instead of growing. laugh

Just as it is with Githyanki ... they are also concidered child, until they bring Mind Flayers head to their queen, no matter how old they are.


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5