Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Why would you like mounts in a game in which you can cross the maps in 3 real time minutes ? Lol

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Why would you like mounts in a game in which you can cross the maps in 3 real time minutes ? Lol

Err, not so much as an increased speed thing. More it would be fun to play like a goblin riding a warg into battle, or like he said, a halfling riding a donkey into a fight. There are some subclasses somewhat based around the concept I think, and it'd be more a combat thing than a map exploration tool.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Originally Posted by fallenj
Endless tower dungeon, new dlc locations, & a ridable donkey with additional carry capacity for my halflings.

Tbh, I'd rather mounts to not be DLC but implemented as class features or an ability like the Ranger Companion.

no, that would remove the possibility for mounts to be for all classes, donkeys and horses you could just buy along with saddles and other stuff for them. at least thats how it was in 3.5, maybe you cant buy mounts in 5e : /

this is ea, im presuming the additional maps will be bigger, as well as mounts will make it more versatile on how to carry stuff from point a to b.

Last edited by fallenj; 29/01/21 03:54 PM.
old hand
old hand
Endless tower dungeon, new dlc locations, & a ridable donkey with additional carry capacity for my halflings.

Tbh, I'd rather mounts to not be DLC but implemented as class features or an ability like the Ranger Companion.

no, that would remove the possibility for mounts to be for all classes, donkeys and horses you could just buy along with saddles and other stuff for them. at least thats how it was in 3.5, maybe you cant buy mounts in 5e : /

this is ea, im presuming the additional maps will be bigger, as well as mounts will make it more versatile on how to carry stuff from point a to b.

You can, but I want to say there are specific rules for them and generally only the cavalier(?) gets abilities that make mounts better? Someone more versed in the 5e subclasses could probably say.

old hand
old hand

You can, but I want to say there are specific rules for them and generally only the cavalier(?) gets abilities that make mounts better? Someone more versed in the 5e subclasses could probably say.

Ya, I figured it would be a subclass of some sort that would have abilities tied to mounts. I don't remember the prestige class I went but I did have a winter wolf mount / companion with my druid a long long time ago. Still, just having a donkey with a wagon or donkey period would be pretty sweet.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I would like playable Goblins or at least a female goblin romance option, playable Githzerai and more playable Eberron Races like Shifters and Changelings, Warforged are already confirmed to be in the game files.

Last edited by Sai the Elf; 21/02/21 03:56 PM.
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
More content, higher level cap, all new companions.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Adaptions of some of the published D&D adventure books would be fun. Once all of the mechanics, classes, and spells are fleshed out, it's just more animating and voice acting, not even writing.

I will never buy a DLC by Larian, until there are options for a more honest D&D5 experience.
And if I ever see a DLC "D&D5 Raw", I will scream to "baldur's gate Gate"

S
addict
addict
S
Modules. Just new adventure areas.

Everything else should be readily available to modders.

S
addict
addict
S
I don’t like threads like this. It’s just a list of things Larian can read and opt not to include because the players have already accepted they won’t get certain things.

This thread should pop up AFTER full launch.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
I will never buy a DLC by Larian, until there are options for a more honest D&D5 experience.
And if I ever see a DLC "D&D5 Raw", I will scream to "baldur's gate Gate"

I am pretty sure that even before release, probably a month or so after launch of patch 4 that if you keep on eye on Nexus, there will be a mod that will provide what some consider a more 5e experience. That is the great thing about computer over console, there literally is a mod for everything.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
I don’t like threads like this. It’s just a list of things Larian can read and opt not to include because the players have already accepted they won’t get certain things.

This thread should pop up AFTER full launch.

Hence why I said Adventure Modules. Unless we get a map editor (please?!?!) that would be the only thing I would pay for.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sai the Elf
I would like playable Goblins or at least a female goblin romance option, playable Githzerai and more playable Eberron Races like Shifters and Changelings, Warforged are already confirmed to be in the game files.
I like these ideas, they are good ideas.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Feywild zone , Spelljammer ships , T-rex druid form

For DLC options, I would prefer them to be an entirely separate campaign. Similar to how the Neverwinter Nights line of games went. The original game is complete and whole, as is. The DLC is an entirely new adventure with a new setting in the realms, new plot, and new characters. Some adventures are equally as big and bold as the original, and some are much, much shorter. It'd be awesome if they tried their hands at reimagining and/or recreating some of the classic campaign settings (both PnP and CRPG) as DLC. I'd like to see what they would do with the Isle of Dread, the Curse of the Azure Bonds, Icewind Dale, Planescape, or the Pool of Radiance.

addict
addict
An full fledged badass EXPANSION like Throne of Bhaal.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 23/02/21 09:59 AM.
addict
addict
Community Gripe FIX DLC

B
stranger
stranger
B
It has to be Icewind Dale 3!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard