Next Thread
Print Thread
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Evening, folks. smile

Has anyone done any real comparisons of the XP for either bulldozing an encounter versus talking your way out of it?

I ask because unless I missed something, when I faked out the looters outside the ruins ( "I have awakened!" LOL ), I only saw a notification for 10 xp. And I'm pretty sure that, in combat, the looters were worth at least that much EACH. So 10 xp instead of potentially 40 xp doesn't seem like a good trade, if you know what I mean. laugh

Later!

SKP

M
M
I believe that Larian has already acknowledged this to be an issue and that they have promised to make "non-violent" play styles more rewarding, but can't tell where I heard it.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S

Patch 3 was supposed to add more experience and/or opportunities for equivalent exp, and that patch came out in December, some time after the last post of that thread.
The road less travelled is now rewarding...
Our games have always been about rewarding creativity and exploration, but some people were disappointed with the lack of experience rewards for pacifism, and creative solutions that utilize the road less travelled. Patch 3 introduces rewards for avoiding combat situations, whether in dialogue or through exploration and environmental puzzle solving. Now, all you pacifists will be able to carve out a journey more true to your character’s identity. Or, it’ll just offer more options for specific circumstances.

I kinda just took the games word for it - especially since right now we're capped at level 4. It would be interesting to see how much exp you get from different routes.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
With patch 3 they somehow resolved the issue but I didn't compare the xp gain from dialogue solution to conflicts and the fight solution.

S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
Ahhhh, thanks. laugh

I had seen their post about adjusting getting XP for diplomacy over hostility, but I guess that's still a work in progress. smile

Regards,

SKP

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard