Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
If you really want some changes in the game, particularly regarding the ways D&D5 rules are (not respectfully) implemented (action system, scrolls usable by any class...), the OP cartoon jumps, the OP height advantage, the overabundant stuff etc...
I think the best way to be listened to is to add a negative review on Steam.
Because if you do not do so, well, know that some money people around Larian seem persuaded so far that these rules breaker are fun, and that an hybrid system between DOS & BG means more money. And if our insatisfaction is not reflected in the official reviews, it will not be taken into account, or it might be, but on the surface only.
I did not dare to add a negative review at first. I even did a positive one.
But then I realized it was the only way, and that I can change later the review if I felt listened to.
Because, as for now, I feel a little betrayed when I remember that to sell us the game, it was said by Larian that they would do their best to implement D&D 5 rules, and we should expect to find here almost all the Player's Handbook manual (there are only parts of it, since it is EA, of course, BUT those parts are often completely disrespectful). Other problems have been stressed again and again on the forums.
So please add your negative reviews on Steam, do not hold back, it will not hurt (or only some egos) : when positive changes will come, it will be the right time to modify the review for the best.

addict
addict
I don't think review bombing is ever a good thing to do.

Larian has a history of making changes in early access with player feedback. I don't see why we wouldn't expect the same for Baldur's Gate 3. Also Larian has been forthcoming about challenges with COVID and that their offices recently flooded. I'd rather wait to see what's coming in patch 4. Honestly I've been waiting to see what's new and different in patch 4 before providing any overall feedback.

The most logical course of action is to relax and provide meaningful feedback.

S
addict
addict
S
I have noticed on the front page of Larian’s website about BG3, there’s no mention of the 5e ruleset. Just basic descriptions of the origin characters and the Forgotten Realms setting.

I found that both enlightening and disappointing now that I know what the game is like.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Couldn't disagree more with this. It was only said Larian would try to get as close as possible to 5E, but they were here first to make a f*cking awesome game.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Samshell
It was only said Larian would try to get as close as possible to 5E

Which is precisely so far not true.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
If you really want some changes in the game, particularly regarding the ways D&D5 rules are (not respectfully) implemented (action system, scrolls usable by any class...), the OP cartoon jumps, the OP height advantage, the overabundant stuff etc...
Because if you do not do so, well, know that some money people around Larian seem persuaded so far that these rules breaker are fun, and that an hybrid system between DOS & BG means more money. And if our insatisfaction is not reflected in the official reviews, it will not be taken into account, or it might be, but on the surface only.
But then I realized it was the only way, and that I can change later the review if I felt listened to.
Because, as for now, I feel a little betrayed when I remember that to sell us the game, it was said by Larian that they would do their best to implement D&D 5 rules, and we should expect to find here almost all the Player's Handbook manual (there are only parts of it, since it is EA, of course, BUT those parts are often completely disrespectful). Other problems have been stressed again and again on the forums.
So please add your negative reviews on Steam, do not hold back, it will not hurt (or only some egos) : when positive changes will come, it will be the right time to modify the review for the best.

You did not simply buy a game. You bought a game that was clearly in early access - meaning not a final version.
The only betrayal here is the one you brought on yourself. You determined how you wanted the game to look when finished, and are upset that the unfinished product does not meet your expectations.

That's not betrayal.

Larian chose to make a game BASED on events in the Forgotten Realms and BASED on 5e. They get to determine how they choose to implement the rules and how much they choose to vary from them.
YOU get to choose whether you wish to purchase and play that game.
YOU get to choose whether you wish to purchase and play that game in its final form, or in early access.
YOU even get to choose whether you wish to comment on your preferences and changes you would like them to consider.
You do NOT get to blame them if you feel you made a bad choice.

Last edited by Anfindel; 01/02/21 07:58 AM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
I don't think review bombing is ever a good thing to do.

Larian has a history of making changes in early access with player feedback. I don't see why we wouldn't expect the same for Baldur's Gate 3. Also Larian has been forthcoming about challenges with COVID and that their offices recently flooded. I'd rather wait to see what's coming in patch 4. Honestly I've been waiting to see what's new and different in patch 4 before providing any overall feedback.

The most logical course of action is to relax and provide meaningful feedback.

You know, I sincerely wish you are right. But there was this interview in January with a boss in Larian saying their homebrew stuff with the rules was more fun than D&D 5 core rules. It does not sound like in intention to listen to player feedbacks regarding D&D rules.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Anfindel
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante

You did not simply buy a game. You bought a game that was clearly in early access - meaning not a final version.
The only betrayal here is the one you brought on yourself. You determined how you wanted the game to look when finished, and are upset that the unfinished product does not meet your expectations.

That's not betrayal.

Larian chose to make a game BASED on events in the Forgotten Realms and BASED on 5e. They get to determine how they choose to implement the rules and how much they choose to vary from them.
YOU get to choose whether you wish to purchase and play that game.
YOU get to choose whether you wish to purchase and play that game in its final form, or in early access.
YOU even get to choose whether you wish to comment on your preferences and changes you would like them to consider.
You do NOT get to blame them if you feel you made a bad choice.

Ok, thank you for your input.
You see, buddy, I know about the "EA" thing versus final version. You are wasting your time about that.
So actually and objectively, so far, as I said, it is a betrayal.
And a lie.
The thing which is sold is sold on the RECORDED DECLARATION :
* it will be as close as possible to D&D5 (lie : many rules implemented are strongly different, and they could be respected instead, so it would be possible) + they say it is fun to do so
* we aim at implementing all the content of the PH (the parts implemented are for many of them not respectful)
So read it again, I think you will get it.

(By the way, your rhetoric would still be applicable if Larian would have put Mario Bros system in EA : "It is EA, not the final version ! It is Mario Bros in the Forgotten Realms and there are some D&D5 rules in it. The Mario Bros system is more fun than the core D&D5 rules. You determined how you wanted the game to look when finished, and are upset that the unfinished product does not meet your expectations.")

Last edited by Lunar Dante; 01/02/21 08:37 AM.
N
N
@Lunar Dante

You should take a look at the meaning of the word objectively and then you will find that your statement is only an opinion of yourself but cannot be objectified in any way

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Naginata
@Lunar Dante

You should take a look at the meaning of the word objectively and then you will find that your statement is only an opinion of yourself but cannot be objectified in any way

From my experience, intelligent people (IRL, at least) try first to understand what is said, and to open conversation from what is said (when they are not directly offended).
Did you feel offended in any way ? Or did you need to seem intelligent ?

Last edited by Lunar Dante; 01/02/21 09:21 AM.
veteran
veteran
They use the BG main serie name. They use the D&D logo. They use the FR. WotC is invited in their events (panel from hell). Swen talk about the rules a lot.

From a custommers point of view, it's hard to think that BG3 is going to be a "custom" ruleset based on 5e.

That said, I'm waiting the next 1-2 patch to make my opinion.

The removal of the cantrip surfaces was very positive and we have to keep in mind that it's only +- 3 month since the beginning of the EA (working days + covid).

I'm still waiting and I still hope...

Last edited by Maximuuus; 01/02/21 09:23 AM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
N
N
Yes, I feel attacked when there are people who apparently present their non-existent education like an award and believe that they can impress the rest of the world with it.

Another aspect is the fact that you only throw smoke grenades and do not respond to my statement but I know why because then you would have to deal with the effects of your statements and if you reflect it could happen that you think "I was wrong" But since people like you are guaranteed not to do that, such distractions come to turn the conversation off

The phrase about intelligence was just satire. Thanks for the good laugh on this rather gloomy morning.

The point is you cannot substantiate your statements and only blow hot air in this forum.

We can talk about it when the game is finished then I would even agree with you in parts but with a game that is in Early Access and needs at least another year to finish, talking about treason is just ridiculous and embarrassing.

I don't have to appear intelligent, because I know the rules on how to objectify something and I also know how to read texts;)

Last edited by Naginata; 01/02/21 09:48 AM.
OP Offline
Ok, apparently you are still angry.
I can't see any statement of yours I might reply on this thread ?
Are you working with Larian ? You seem to take my comments personnaly, and I do not want to hurt someone working for Larian in this thread.
Maybe come back when you feel more cool ?

stranger
stranger
Stop emberrassing yourself dude...

veteran
veteran
The game is EA, I find it a bit unfair to leave a negative review for an unfinished game. If you want change, make suggestions here. That's what the forum is for.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
BG3 < Solasta.
The only thing BG3 better than Solasta is Graphics.
Change my ******* mind.

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
OP Offline
Originally Posted by fylimar
The game is EA, I find it a bit unfair to leave a negative review for an unfinished game. If you want change, make suggestions here. That's what the forum is for.

I understand you, and I also made suggestions here, as many other people.
To be honest, would it not be unfair to be allowed to leave positive reviews for an unfinished game, and not negative ones ?

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by fylimar
I find your logic very hard to follow. Steam allows EA products to be reviewed, yes? But you find unfair that it can be done?

Well any case Larian has chosen to use platform that allows reviews during EA and that is their choice. So logically that option can be used formthose who want to give feedback on opinions about the game in current state.

Last edited by Cirrus550; 01/02/21 11:04 AM.

We are all heroes, you and Boo and I! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice!
apprentice
apprentice
Witch hunt, so nice... Meh. It's always like this. If you don't like game, then fine, make a negative review on steam. But calling others to "boycott" it's a diffrent thing.

Last edited by sahardima; 01/02/21 11:12 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
The reviews are based on what the EA offers and what the EA is as a game. If it warrants a positive review, that is fair. If it is a negative one, also fair.

These reviews dor the EA are also a seperate thing from the reviews for the finished game. A bad review for EA does not mean a bad review later for the full game.

EA also does mean while there are bugs, it is a playable game in one form or another, that you pay full price for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard