Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
[quote=Nyloth]

Your experience is not universal either by that logic.

Thank God now you understand that. In discussions, personal experience is not used as a weighty argument.
Some man called me a troll because I told the truth, some ppl here say things like "this game is not like BG2", if he didn't see it, it's not my problem, I saw it. He had zero logical reason to call me a "troll".


I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
[quote=Nyloth]

Your experience is not universal either by that logic.

Thank God now you understand that. In discussions, personal experience is not used as a weighty argument.
Some man called me a troll because I told the truth, some ppl here say things like "this game is not like BG2", if he didn't see it, it's not my problem, I saw it. He had zero logical reason to call me a "troll".
Nobody on this particular thread has said " "this game is not like BG2". If you mean entire forums somewhere yeah probably someone might have said it at some thread that I can believe.

Most that say it I doubt they require some graphics as BG2 (though yes they could do it also) but perhaps want other aspects of that game. You could unpause example combat in BG1 and BG2. Why force turnbased combat on some super easy encounter? Voluntary unpause the game would be great improvement it would speed up things. It is more then that they might complain it is not enough close to D&D rules. Despite my negative comments I gave my review for this game 8.5/10 which is pretty good. If you think I hate BG3 you are wrong.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 10/02/21 08:22 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
[quote=Nyloth]

Your experience is not universal either by that logic.

Thank God now you understand that. In discussions, personal experience is not used as a weighty argument.
Some man called me a troll because I told the truth, some ppl here say things like "this game is not like BG2", if he didn't see it, it's not my problem, I saw it. He had zero logical reason to call me a "troll".
Nobody on this particular thread has said " "this game is not like BG2". If you mean entire forums somewhere yeah probably someone might have said it at some thread that I can believe.

Most that say it I doubt they require some graphics as BG2 (though yes they could do it also) but perhaps want other aspects of that game. You could unpause example combat in BG1 and BG2. Why force turnbased combat on some super easy encounter? Voluntary unpause the game would be great improvement it would speed up things. It is more then that they might complain it is not enough close to D&D rules. Despite my negative comments I gave my review for this game 8.5/10 which is pretty good. If you think I hate BG3 you are wrong.

I never wrote that was in this thread. But it was on this forum. It's was like specific requests that sounded "this is not a duplicate of BG2 with high graphics! very bad! very unexpected", not exactly the same, but very similar. There's no point in discussing about it here. I used this as an example, but I wrote full post on a completely different theme. The guy called me a troll because of one short phrase. HUH

Last edited by Nyloth; 10/02/21 08:36 AM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by Terminator2020
[quote=Nyloth]

Your experience is not universal either by that logic.

Thank God now you understand that. In discussions, personal experience is not used as a weighty argument.
Some man called me a troll because I told the truth, some ppl here say things like "this game is not like BG2", if he didn't see it, it's not my problem, I saw it. He had zero logical reason to call me a "troll".
Nobody on this particular thread has said " "this game is not like BG2". If you mean entire forums somewhere yeah probably someone might have said it at some thread that I can believe.

Most that say it I doubt they require some graphics as BG2 (though yes they could do it also) but perhaps want other aspects of that game. You could unpause example combat in BG1 and BG2. Why force turnbased combat on some super easy encounter? Voluntary unpause the game would be great improvement it would speed up things. It is more then that they might complain it is not enough close to D&D rules. Despite my negative comments I gave my review for this game 8.5/10 which is pretty good. If you think I hate BG3 you are wrong.

I never wrote that was in this thread. But it was on this forum. It's was like specific requests that sounded "this is not a duplicate of BG2 with high graphics! very bad! very unexpected", not exactly the same, but very similar. There's no point in discussing about it here. I used this as an example, but I wrote full post on a completely different theme. The guy called me a troll because of one short phrase. HUH

So after many of us tried to explain you what the references to BG2 means (with exemples)... You're still stuck thinking lots of players just want a copy/paste ?

Considering what others say to understand their opinions and other points of view is usually constructive.
But it looks like your (wrong) "truth" is the only thing you consider.

Maybe that's why some called you "a troll".

Last edited by Maximuuus; 10/02/21 09:49 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
Cleric of Innuendo
Offline
Cleric of Innuendo
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
Kindly stop all the incivility and name calling, and accept that people have different opinions. You may not agree with them, but do not attack the poster (including calling people trolls) because of that disagreement.

Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
So after many of us tried to explain you what the references to BG2 means (with exemples)... You're still stuck thinking lots of players just want a copy/paste ?

Considering what others say to understand their opinions and other points of view is usually constructive.
But it looks like your (wrong) "truth" is the only thing you consider.
Well said good analysis this...
What many of us want is more according to D&D rules. In BG1 and BG2 you could unpause and pause the combat at fly. Well not to mention camera control is not very well done in BG3 and rather average.
Despite all this I rank BG3 as 8.5/10 because it is so excellent done otherwise graphics, music, sound, story and fairly ok combat and at least more or less D&D. Support for 1-4 player cooperative play. Yeah I get some would wish for 6 characters party as in BG1 and BG2, but at least 4 is better then Neverwinter Nights 1 character to control.

No I do not need some Ray tracing graphics and skyhigh system requirements for maximum graphics that would come with that. Graphics are fine for me in this game!

Last edited by Terminator2020; 10/02/21 06:51 PM.
Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
So after many of us tried to explain you what the references to BG2 means (with exemples)... You're still stuck thinking lots of players just want a copy/paste ?

Considering what others say to understand their opinions and other points of view is usually constructive.
But it looks like your (wrong) "truth" is the only thing you consider.

Maybe that's why some called you "a troll".

You again.

I even used red text in another thread when someone said "graphics", implying a similar graphic style to BG2 that he expected in BG3 or somth like that, which is unlikely, given that it is a different engine and a different developer. I hope he didn't mean the quality of the graphics, right? Just did not specify, so we will assume that he was talking about the style when he wrote literally just "graphics are not like in BG2". Yea I think it's not fine. This is my opinion. I consider it a quibble.

And again my first post in this thread was not about this and I used this phrase as one example out of many. But you keep telling me off for saying that, seriously? Without even delving into what it was written for?

Are you kidding me? Now this thread is about me and some men who took my phrase out of context. Too cool for me.

The main idea of my first post was that BG3 is criticized more on forum than outside it. And not about what exactly criticize, I used an example that I personally think is the strangest. But this is not the main idea of my post, most of all I was interested in "where did you see more criticism than here???". That's what my post is about.

Do you understand now? And when you understand it, maybe you stop talking about it?

Last edited by Nyloth; 11/02/21 01:38 AM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
So after many of us tried to explain you what the references to BG2 means (with exemples)... You're still stuck thinking lots of players just want a copy/paste ?

Considering what others say to understand their opinions and other points of view is usually constructive.
But it looks like your (wrong) "truth" is the only thing you consider.

Maybe that's why some called you "a troll".

You again.

I even used red text in another thread when someone said "graphics", implying a similar graphic style to BG2 that he expected in BG3 or somth like that, which is unlikely, given that it is a different engine and a different developer. I hope he didn't mean the quality of the graphics, right? Just did not specify, so we will assume that he was talking about the style when he wrote literally just "graphics are not like in BG2". Yea I think it's not fine. This is my opinion. I consider it a quibble.

And again my first post in this thread was not about this and I used this phrase as one example out of many. But you keep telling me off for saying that, seriously? Without even delving into what it was written for?

Are you kidding me? Now this thread is about me and some men who took my phrase out of context. Too cool for me.

The main idea of my first post was that BG3 is criticized more on forum than outside it. And not about what exactly criticize, I used an example that I personally think is the strangest. But this is not the main idea of my post, most of all I was interested in "where did you see more criticism than here???". That's what my post is about.

Do you understand now? And when you understand it, maybe you stop talking about it?
You again.

Ok now you have said you only meant graphics. Yes your logic does not make any sense to me do you understand?
You act like a FANBOY of DOS games and BG3.

Forums are here so people can give valuable feedback to the Baldurs Gate 3. I do like BG3 after all I gave it score 8.5/10 that said it is very uneven have great graphic, music, story, fairly ok combat. That said I could be much better!

Well so what if score on steam is very good now mostly? They do not even give a rating score in Steam.
It is in ALPHA? What people buy the game first? Those who likely like it most and can afford to pay the price.

What could be improved in BG3?
+ Voluntary unpause&pause the combat like that you can do in BG1 and BG2. I doubt they will do this though they would need to make some kind of AI to companions so they can a bit control themselves.
+ Make camera control and controlling better at best it average 3/5 the camera control.
+ Support for 1-6 player like BG1 and BG2... that would be more the 1-4. I doubt they will do this.
+ Make it a bit more like D&D rules.
+ Having in Early Access all classes in Players Handbook and all Cleric domains would be nice and if there are going to be more races for full release then to release them also.
+ Make Elves a bit more look like Elves.
+ Fix all bugs.
+ Add some good alignment characters hopefully at least in Act 2 and not only Evil or neutral characters more or less.
(((+ Nude women... when sex.) Ok this was not in BG1 and BG2 that is true.)))

You go over and over again saying it is only me that want to this when many what this (ok I do not know how many want nude women) . Yes I like this it is 8.5/10, but if you 10/10 if they would do all those thing for me. Finally if they do some of those (if not all then at least 4-5+ of them) then this game could be like 9/10 to me.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 14/02/21 02:23 PM.
Joined: Dec 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Dec 2020
It feels like a lot of people could learn how to disagree politely smile Just my opinion though

https://www.speakconfidentenglish.com/disagree-in-english/

You might notice that "YOU AGAIN" isn't one of those suggested options.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
It feels like a lot of people could learn how to disagree politely smile Just my opinion though

https://www.speakconfidentenglish.com/disagree-in-english/

You might notice that "YOU AGAIN" isn't one of those suggested options.
Agreed wholeheartedly! Can't we all settle this over a nice glass of firewine? Just... ignore the tadpole, it's decorative.


I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
It feels like a lot of people could learn how to disagree politely smile Just my opinion though

https://www.speakconfidentenglish.com/disagree-in-english/

You might notice that "YOU AGAIN" isn't one of those suggested options.

I think it's a perfect way to show disagreement. Particularly if you follow it up with "How dare you interrupt my plans once more!"


Optimistically Apocalyptic
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Well I have not used any name calling as far as I remember in these forums. Though I agree it sounds a bit aggessive way to start a conservation, but I was teased by previous comment before mine that used it. I can avoid to use that in this forum if nobody else use it again in this forum. By all means fine by me lets not use that aggressive comment in future.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 14/02/21 06:44 PM.
Joined: Dec 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Dec 2020
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
It feels like a lot of people could learn how to disagree politely smile Just my opinion though

https://www.speakconfidentenglish.com/disagree-in-english/

You might notice that "YOU AGAIN" isn't one of those suggested options.

+1

Especially when these strange and random arguments on some minor aspect of someone's post pulls topics so far from the OP.

Joined: Nov 2020
B
Banned
Offline
Banned
B
Joined: Nov 2020
Forgive me but who would write a review on a alpha state early access?
Not a single one of the current reviews can be taken serious. Neither the good nor the bad.

2 third of the game haven’t even be seen yet.
All someone can do is state an impression and never a review.
And the impression right now is shiny on the outside (damn the game looks like a true gem). The further you dive Into mechanics however the more foul the game becomes.

It’s like biting into the most beautiful and delicious apple ever seen and not tasting the worm 🐛 inside

Joined: Nov 2020
P
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
P
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by Baldurs-Gate-Fan
Forgive me but who would write a review on a alpha state early access?
Not a single one of the current reviews can be taken serious. Neither the good nor the bad.
(...)
That's why all of the steam reviews are clearly marked as Early Access reviews.
My steam review means that I'm very happy with direction and design ideas Larian took to create this great game.


Quote
It’s like biting into the most beautiful and delicious apple ever seen and not tasting the worm 🐛 inside
Great! It's delicious AND nutritious smile.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Baldurs-Gate-Fan
Forgive me but who would write a review on a alpha state early access?
Not a single one of the current reviews can be taken serious. Neither the good nor the bad.

2 third of the game haven’t even be seen yet.
All someone can do is state an impression and never a review.
And the impression right now is shiny on the outside (damn the game looks like a true gem). The further you dive Into mechanics however the more foul the game becomes.

It’s like biting into the most beautiful and delicious apple ever seen and not tasting the worm 🐛 inside

If they can sell it, it can be reviewed.


Optimistically Apocalyptic
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: United States
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: United States
Why would you leave a Steam review for an unfinished game?

Joined: Jan 2021
S
Scribe Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by VioletGrey
Why would you leave a Steam review for an unfinished game?

So that items like.

Movement.
5e implementation. (Advantage/Disadvantage)
Spells being balanced on analytics.

Can be highlighted, before Larian locks in on a sub optimal solution.

Joined: Sep 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2020
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by VioletGrey
Why would you leave a Steam review for an unfinished game?

So that items like.

Movement.
5e implementation. (Advantage/Disadvantage)
Spells being balanced on analytics.

Can be highlighted, before Larian locks in on a sub optimal solution.

And then, once your dreams are true and everything YOU want is completed to YOUR satisfaction....

Potential Buyer A reads those negative reviews and decides not to buy the game.

Whoo Hoo...Mission Accomplished !! Not!!!

Joined: Oct 2020
M
member
Offline
member
M
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Anfindel
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by VioletGrey
Why would you leave a Steam review for an unfinished game?

So that items like.

Movement.
5e implementation. (Advantage/Disadvantage)
Spells being balanced on analytics.

Can be highlighted, before Larian locks in on a sub optimal solution.

And then, once your dreams are true and everything YOU want is completed to YOUR satisfaction....

Potential Buyer A reads those negative reviews and decides not to buy the game.

Whoo Hoo...Mission Accomplished !! Not!!!
That's why reviews can and should be updated by the reviewer after significant changes have been made to the game. Also, reviews from Early Access are clearly marked as such and Steam also made it a thing to show recent review scores seperated from the overall average score.

Last edited by marajango; 15/02/21 09:38 PM.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5