Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
addict
addict
A
A miscalculation on my part in the battle against the iron flask resident resulted in the following outcome: iron flask resident dead, Gale, Astarion and Wyll also dead (the latter two finished off by Gale's aura) and my druid the last one standing with a total of 1 hp. laugh

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by ash elemental
A miscalculation on my part in the battle against the iron flask resident resulted in the following outcome: iron flask resident dead, Gale, Astarion and Wyll also dead (the latter two finished off by Gale's aura) and my druid the last one standing with a total of 1 hp. laugh

Wow, that was a close call. Had something similar in my first playthroug hagainst the bulette, when I didn't really know, what to expect.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
S
addict
addict
S
second favorite game moment: meeting omeluum in the myconid colony

favorite game moment of all time: exploring the arcane tower in the underdark, and finding out how to repair the elevator.... glorious

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The arcane tower is fun.Finding and reading all those books and then talk to the droid/robot.
Omeluum is great too, maybe we will see him again later.

I love the myconid colony too. They are so very well done. I want a myconid companion.

Last edited by fylimar; 25/03/21 06:00 PM.

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman
Throwing the ball for Scratch (even if it's a bit buggy).

The first time I saw the owlbear cub's big blinking eyes. So adorable. Dear Larian: please make a plush owlbear cub.

The Underdark. When I first heard "Underdark" I was thinking it would be tedious, dark, and dreary, but I loved the ambience: the glowing insects, phosphorescent fungi, the myconid colony, and even the fish folk. It felt like a darker version of the Secret World of Og. In fact, I was so caught up in exploring it, that I almost forgot to rescue Halsin. hahaha I was glad to see that there was a dialogue option letting him know I'd already found and cleared out the Underdark outpost. delight

Last edited by Maiandra; 26/03/21 03:02 AM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I agree, the Underdark is beautiful. If not for that pescy bulette, it would be perfect.

There is a bug with the ball throwing? I never encountered any problems.

Doctor Who
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by fylimar
I agree, the Underdark is beautiful. If not for that pescy bulette, it would be perfect.

I'm not sure if it counts as a bug, but my druid managed to accidentally hit Scratch once and he turned hostile, and then the entire camp went mortal combat. Maybe they could make it so that the ball deals no damage and therefore doesn't count as a weapon.

But I have a funny moment caused by this "mortal combat" behaviour of npcs that are not in the party. On an evil playthrough attempt my pc attacked the fishermen as they were running away. This happened in Astarion's line of sight, who turned hostile, shouted something about not getting away with this and tried to defend them.

Last edited by ash elemental; 26/03/21 10:12 AM.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Astarion of all people tried to defend some innocents? That has to be a bug. grin

Doctor Who
journeyman
journeyman

Yes, the bulette and the minotaurs were my only complaint.

The first couple times I got the ball from the dog in the dialogue, it either disappeared or I couldn't throw it. Very odd. I'm not sure what was different between those times and the most recent time when it worked.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That is strange, but there are still some weird bugs around.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just had the strangest fight against the spider matriarch. First, I did send my rogue (my pc) down to kill the eggs below, but for some reason, the whole group followed. I did unlink my girl before destroying the eggs. Luckily, this didn't start the fight. Then I had a disconnect after I killed both spiders below without the matriarch noticing. Then I came back in, managed only to kill one of the spiders and decided to go up to destroy the rest of the eggs and start the fight.

I had another disconnect. Luckily I saved.

Then Lae'zel became stuck and couldn't move for a while. And then finally, I destroyed the remaining eggs and started the fight, but couldn't get the webs on fire, so we had to get the matriarch down the old fashioned way - good old hack'n'slay.

I was so glad, I managed in the end, because the whole time I thought, I might get another disconnect and would have to start again. I don't like spiders very much, so I'm always glad, when that fight is over. I don't know, why I even bother with it, I'm not always going after the Necromancy of Thay, since it doesn't do much in EA. Later it will be interesting, what will happen, if you give it to Astarion or Gale, but for now, it's just meh.

Anyway, I was never that glad, that fight was over without another problem. I escaped the Whispering Depths so quickly, that I didn't even go into the cave of that high elf. I normally like to read her notes, because it's a nice, creepy story, but this time, I just ran all the way back out.

I'm still for some reason convinced, that the high elf ended up being the matriarch - or at least one of the phase spiders.

Doctor Who
apprentice
apprentice
Definitely the party with the tieflings, It felt really rewarding after all the hard work defeating monsters, also the romance part was cool, since I wasn’t expecting my character to get lucky

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Two hilarious pictures:

This is one of my favorite lines in the game - I really like Barcus Wrood

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And Scratch, stealing Wylls moment.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
This game is simply AMAZING. I can't wait to see what the full release version has in store for us!

Some of my favourite moments have been:
- Alfira's song - absolutely beautiful, unexpected and so well done
- Meeting the Owlbears in their cave. Gorgeous creatures. I want to save the mother Owlbear so much! frown
- Everything in the Auntie Ethel quest area - just delightfully creepy
- Raphael encounter
- Gale's magical hologram describing how to resurrect him is hilarious
- Scratch makes me smile. Also I love how patting him makes Shadowheart, Gale and Wyll smile (at least the first several times).
- The Underdark looks amazing - love the atmosphere with all the glowing mushrooms.
- Astarion romance scene - the scene itself is under construction, but the things he says and how he says them. OMG.
- Astarion party scene on a different playthrough, where he talks about sex and then goes "Oh no, not with you! I have standards!" I laughed so hard.

old hand
old hand
Yeah my favorite would be:

Kagha showing up to the aftermath party for no reason other than having the parents get justice.

P
addict
addict
P

Everytime I tried to throw the ball towards the dog, it would act as if I attacked it. Once the other party members attacked me for attacking the dog just by playing fetch. That was entertaining.

apprentice
apprentice
Hmm, I see I have missed some nice moments, I should try to adopt the dog this time

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Pandemonica

Everytime I tried to throw the ball towards the dog, it would act as if I attacked it. Once the other party members attacked me for attacking the dog just by playing fetch. That was entertaining.

I think if you throw the ball and accidentally hit the dog, that triggers the attack. You have to throw it near the dog, like a few feet away, but not directly at him. He will run up and fetch the ball and bring it back to you. It's really very cute smile

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
That's right, don't throw the ball directly at Scratch, throw it a few feet away from him.

Doctor Who
G
addict
addict
G
The first reaction to letting Nettie cure you and finding out she gave you a deadly poison.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard