Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
apprentice
apprentice
On my second playthrough now, and must say the battle with tieflings against Minthara is pretty epic.

stranger
stranger
My favourite moments.
Arriving in the Underdark and looking at the graphics and design. It is pure beauty.
Getting up on the rafters to let hell loose on Dror Razlin.

Letting Astarion suck my blood. It was such a fun scene. Not only that, but the follow up dialogue is golden.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by footface
Letting Astarion suck my blood. It was such a fun scene. Not only that, but the follow up dialogue is golden.

Yep, absolutely agree smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Got one more moment to add.. playing BG3 via Steam with my husband, us controlling 2 characters each. While I am talking to an NPC (in this case, the Goblin holding Volo captive, and I'm negotiating his release) he sneaks up using Astarion and simply backstabs the Goblin. One shot = dead. Hubby turns to me and goes "what? I thought it was such an Astarion thing to do." And it was.
Hilarious - and I love the fact that we CAN play the game this way! I can join his games, or he can jump in to mine, take control of a character or two and help me out in a tough fight.

Last edited by Alexandrite; 11/04/21 11:56 PM.
Dez Offline
addict
addict
I've had so many good moments playing the game.

Here are some of my favorite ones, though:

* Aradin raging about being knocked out by an elf. And him still being sour about it when you meet him at the bridge. :']
* Finding the owlbears for the first time and being able to leave peacefully. <3
* Gale saying that *Wyll* is the self-absorbed one. That one had me laughing so hard I almost cried. :'D
* Feeling like a proper ranger at the swamp when you pass all (or most) of the skill-checks. :] I loved the swamp in general, all in all.
* Finding the drow armor for the first time - I was the happiest person alive! <3
* Like many others, I had a good laugh at the companion's reaction to Abdiraks' conversation (and yes, I told him he'd lose a hand if he tried it every single time thus far :'D).
* Just being in the Underdark - I sincerely adore the design.
* Shadowheart's reaction if you pass the skill-check when she "attacks" the camp.

Last edited by Dez; 13/04/21 12:59 AM.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Playing multiplayer with my best friend. We came upon the hag last night. I had done this quest before, but he didn't even know it existed. It was so much fun letting him take the lead, watching how he handled it. He drank from the well, no hesitation whatsoever. He jumped onto the outside balcony and robbed the whole house before even talking to auntie Ethel. He accepted her deal, once again without hesitation.

Then came the traps with the gas. I knew a cheesy way to get rid of the traps, no harm done to my team, but I didn't want to rob him of the experience of figuring out for himself. I said, "you lead the way on this one." He said, "okay" and immediately ran straight through the poisonous gas, from the top of the cave all the way to the bottom, triggering every exploding flower along the way, never once stopping to reconsider his course of action. I am absolutely astounded by his bravery and resolve.

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by footface
Playing multiplayer with my best friend. We came upon the hag last night. I had done this quest before, but he didn't even know it existed. It was so much fun letting him take the lead, watching how he handled it. He drank from the well, no hesitation whatsoever. He jumped onto the outside balcony and robbed the whole house before even talking to auntie Ethel. He accepted her deal, once again without hesitation.

Then came the traps with the gas. I knew a cheesy way to get rid of the traps, no harm done to my team, but I didn't want to rob him of the experience of figuring out for himself. I said, "you lead the way on this one." He said, "okay" and immediately ran straight through the poisonous gas, from the top of the cave all the way to the bottom, triggering every exploding flower along the way, never once stopping to reconsider his course of action. I am absolutely astounded by his bravery and resolve.

That sounds absolutely beautiful. Please tell me your friend intends on playing a barbarian at full release. X'D Only the barbarian can match his brave recklessness.

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Using Speak with Animals on the animals in the druid grove is hilarious. I especially love the little bird, you can help decorating her nest.

I really like the harpies encounter, they are so creepy and yet the song is so nice.

Raining in Lae'zels parade, when she tries to intimidate Zorru is fun. Especially, since you can get all the info with being nice.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
it seems no one has mentioned this one yet
my favourite one is to let myself get captured by priest Gut and didn't try to break the chain. I wanna see what was gonna happen. Am I gonna end there? (if you are an elf or half-elf, you can't do this because you are immune to sleeping potions and spells). Then plot twist:
boom! A dwarf woman shows up and cut priest Gut throat
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Korrilla Hearthflame. She's a servant of Raphael. If you haven't met Raphael, she won't tell you who's her master.
also, she does weird flex.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by ALexws
it seems no one has mentioned this one yet
my favourite one is to let myself get captured by priest Gut and didn't try to break the chain. I wanna see what was gonna happen. Am I gonna end there? (if you are an elf or half-elf, you can't do this because you are immune to sleeping potions and spells). Then plot twist:
boom! A dwarf woman shows up and cut priest Gut throat
Korrilla Hearthflame. She's a servant of Raphael. If you haven't met Raphael, she won't tell you who's her master.
also, she does weird flex.

That is a new one for me. But my last playthroughs was with elfs and half elfs. My ziefling lady sadly is often the target of sleep spells, so maybe I should try that.

I just had the messiest fight against the spider matriarch ever. Since I did forget to save before I botched my stealth to try and take out the eggs before the fight, I thought, I'll give it a try. It was long and tedious and not really fun, since my group was not positioned very well and it was just overall chaos, but in the end, I made it. It helps, if one already knows the bosses, you can still manage to somehow survive in some cases (I don't think, it would have ended that well with the githyanki patrol though).
So yeah, nice gaming moment.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I'm not sure if it's new for this patch or old but I found out last night that when you get assaulted by Laessie after getting the Tadpole shivers you can let her kill you.

She then wiped the floor with the entire rest of the camp and I got a game over.

Very nice!

Optimistically Apocalyptic
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
I'm not sure if it's new for this patch or old but I found out last night that when you get assaulted by Laessie after getting the Tadpole shivers you can let her kill you.

She then wiped the floor with the entire rest of the camp and I got a game over.

Very nice!

Who is Laessie? I'm not sure, I've met that character.

Doctor Who
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok, the good thing about Auntie Ethel bugging out on me again up in the teahouse (I killed her and she didn't vanish, liek she normally do) is that I was able to free the halfing lady, one of the masks. I hope, if she is saved, we will see her in Baldurs Gate. It's just sad, that Ethel had to be buggy for that. IManaged to kill her once or twice in the two rounds, she stays in the teahouse for the first fight, but this time, she was clearly bugge, because she opened the fireplace and then just stayed.

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
I must admit that i dont have any favourite moment ...
I mean i do, lot of them, but certainly not one wich would be abowe all.

For me tho, its allways incredibly good feeling, when i (usualy mean dices laugh ) screw something completely and by that i find another way to finish something i had no idea about until then. :3 Those are my favourite moments. ^_^

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
I don't think I had a moment in BG3 that I really enjoyed. I think there are some neat moments
dicovering true nature of hags marsh, sneaking into goblin layer, discovering secret basement under blighttown, first battle by the grove's gate
but they are always held up by something - be it small, singular map which ironically highlight artificial nature of the location, or poor combat, or lack of proper set ups and worldbuilding. A lot of stuff with potential, though.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
The breathe taking views from the balconies of the Arcane Tower.

addict
addict
On my first playthrough, I was roleplaying a half-elf ranger as a woodland cop. Though I would punish those who broke natural law, I tried my best to give all living things a fair shake.

That didn’t pan out great in the blighted village. I repeatedly got my bum handed to me by the ambush and grew to respect the goblins’ might in a full frontal attack. I ended up ambushing the ambush and moving on gingerly toward the goblin camp.

Tensions were high, but I managed to talk my way through the initial guards. Behind them were three goblins drinking at a table. I walked up to one of them:

Gobbo : Tribe?
Oh boy, I’m done for, I thought. I’m not part of any tribe. That goblin is going to call her friends and rip into my entrails.
Tav : *says nothing*
Gobbo : Tribe?!
Man, this is it. I’m gonna die. I should’ve quicksaved. Let’s just say something and get it over with.
Tav : Tribe.
Gobbo, raising her glass : TRIBE!

I genuinely laughed out loud and fell in love with BG3.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I just found out, that if you take your time in rescuing Volo - for example killing the gobbos in the courtyard, defeating Spike, doing Abdiraks penance, robbing the trader blind - , he will free himself. I was wondering, why his jailor was out in the hall and when I cam to his prison cell, he had already freed himself and left. Found him in my camp on my next long rest.
That was kind of funny - it shows, he is not totally useless.

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Flooter
On my first playthrough, I was roleplaying a half-elf ranger as a woodland cop. Though I would punish those who broke natural law, I tried my best to give all living things a fair shake.

That didn’t pan out great in the blighted village. I repeatedly got my bum handed to me by the ambush and grew to respect the goblins’ might in a full frontal attack. I ended up ambushing the ambush and moving on gingerly toward the goblin camp.

Tensions were high, but I managed to talk my way through the initial guards. Behind them were three goblins drinking at a table. I walked up to one of them:

Gobbo : Tribe?
Oh boy, I’m done for, I thought. I’m not part of any tribe. That goblin is going to call her friends and rip into my entrails.
Tav : *says nothing*
Gobbo : Tribe?!
Man, this is it. I’m gonna die. I should’ve quicksaved. Let’s just say something and get it over with.
Tav : Tribe.
Gobbo, raising her glass : TRIBE!

I genuinely laughed out loud and fell in love with BG3.

She's my favourite gobber too

Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Dexai

Very nice!

Who is Laessie? I'm not sure, I've met that character.

Oh I mean Lae'Zel by it. I'm trying to make it a thing, please help me laugh

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard