Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
veteran
veteran
No bots here! I am enjoying the game so far and could easily see it being in my top 5 games when it is finished.

S
addict
addict
S
We all want the best game possible. I'm glad you all like it.

Let's hope the update is meaningful.

veteran
veteran
It's a bit too much to hope for in this patch but I'm with those hoping that we will eventually see a "mode" or rules check list for things like healing food, exploding firewine, dipping, etc.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I have just bought the game and enjoying my exploration so far. Great game! Looking forward to the patch, i love new stuff!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by fallenj
It's obviously not going to be your top 10 but someone else's, possibly. What's your point here, are you trying to convince someone not to like what they enjoy? Why do you even care?

Because looking at some of the comments here, the Steam reviews, I would assume bots are being used to pump this product.
Just a heads up, I think this poster is a bot.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
It's obviously not going to be your top 10 but someone else's, possibly. What's your point here, are you trying to convince someone not to like what they enjoy? Why do you even care?

Because looking at some of the comments here, the Steam reviews, I would assume bots are being used to pump this product.

Ya got me. I am an AI interested in quality gameplay. I am 100% a bot.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool

Ya got me. I am an AI interested in quality gameplay. I am 100% a bot.
this is exactly how a bot would be programmed to respond.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Does anyone know when the patch will actually go live? The announcement doesn't mention that. All it says is that the stream will be on the 17th.

stranger
stranger
looking forward to the next update. hope for more romance options to be finished smile

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I am hoping for paladin class! Also Halsin as companion.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by booboo
Does anyone know when the patch will actually go live? The announcement doesn't mention that. All it says is that the stream will be on the 17th.
It's my understanding it'll be announced in the live stream.

S
addict
addict
S
My wishlist would be.

1. Complete the Classes.
2. Complete the Subraces.
3. Indicate if there is any plan to address Movement System, Combat (5e rules), Spells, Various Difficulty, and Modders.

The nuts and bolts of the game.

addict
addict
I hope they
1.Fix group movement
2.camera view. -- I battled Gut and the goblins in the branding hall and while the goblins attacked, could only see the floor above, hiding all that was going on n the hall. And numbers floating when someone of my party was hit by something.
3.The hit chance previews. They're no match at all. Lae'zel confronted a spectator with 80-88% hit chance and missed them all.
4.Graphics. They're still quite sloppy, like a wine cup floating below the hand of the drinker, or a hoplite helmet somehow protruding the chest of Halsin,
I would like to get rid of bugs and improve UI and movement, before adding more classes and stuff. Is my opinion.

Last edited by ldo58; 14/02/21 01:02 AM.
old hand
old hand
Will players who adore Drow find something new for themselves in this patch?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Enough already with the delaying tactics. If you've got an update just release it, not all this other bluff. This game has been in EA for nearly five months now and nothing new has been added. I think Larian have placed themselves in a terrible position here, in a grab for more funding they have sold a game as EA that isn't even at the demo stage. I personally think all of us who have parted with our hard earned should be made full partners in this game and treated as such since it would appear we are bankrolling it. This new update would need to be very good but somehow I think all we are about to get is a patch if the last one was anything to go on.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Kerro
Enough already with the delaying tactics. If you've got an update just release it, not all this other bluff. This game has been in EA for nearly five months now and nothing new has been added. I think Larian have placed themselves in a terrible position here, in a grab for more funding they have sold a game as EA that isn't even at the demo stage. I personally think all of us who have parted with our hard earned should be made full partners in this game and treated as such since it would appear we are bankrolling it. This new update would need to be very good but somehow I think all we are about to get is a patch if the last one was anything to go on.

Translation:
"This game has been in Early Access for too long, and despite the world going through a devastating epidemic, holidays, and companies having to shift their entire industries to work from home, I am selfish and want this game released NOW. I don't care if the Dungeons & Dragons team is excited their biggest and most beloved franchise/game series is being rebooted and wants to host an event talking about it. I am entitled to become a full partner of this game and company because I purchased it."

Last edited by Noraver; 14/02/21 04:07 PM.
old hand
old hand
My only gripe with the process rn is I'd like a a few more instances of small communication like this announcement, even if it is just "we are still working on that next update" with random tidbits sprinkled in, maybe someone dedicated just to social media and once a week showing the thing being worked on. Even if it doesn't actually make us more involved, it would allow people to feel more privy to how the game is turning out.
Cause otherwise everything is fine and this is an Early Access game that is clearly being worked on and showing they are considering the feedback given AND with the world being the way it is and the events at larian, it would be a wonder if updates were very fast, especially cause productions like this take a lot.

veteran
veteran
I'm usually very optimistic, I could even say naive... But I guess they sold the game so much more than expected during the EA. They have many more money to develop the game and this is why there is a huge event now.

They have amazing things to tell us. Of course about the patch but also about the future of the game but also new main features they'll implement.

- A D/N cycle
- A D&D mode
- More companions, 1/class
- A complete rework of the experience system so we can play with party of 6 or less.

Naive I said ?
I'm dissapointed at each event so don't trust me grin

Last edited by Maximuuus; 14/02/21 05:21 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
My only gripe with the process rn is I'd like a a few more instances of small communication like this announcement, even if it is just "we are still working on that next update" with random tidbits sprinkled in, maybe someone dedicated just to social media and once a week showing the thing being worked on. Even if it doesn't actually make us more involved, it would allow people to feel more privy to how the game is turning out.
Cause otherwise everything is fine and this is an Early Access game that is clearly being worked on and showing they are considering the feedback given AND with the world being the way it is and the events at larian, it would be a wonder if updates were very fast, especially cause productions like this take a lot.

Totally agree with this post, generally everything is fine and the game has been impressive from day one of EA. Some kind of regular communication is missing, I am sure that the upcoming stream will be be worth watching but it makes us EA players feel that we are not worth communicating with, only potential new players are worth the effort.

Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Originally Posted by Niara
While it's good to hear news, I'm not going to jump onto the happily exultant band-wagon.

It's good to see news; It's LONG overdue. This patch NEEDS to bring a LOT to the table, needs to DO a lot, and needs to do it WELL, if they hope to restore even a portion of tester's confidence in their competency, and their capability of running a useful EA.

It's good to see news; how much they bring, and what they bring, will tell us how much of a start they can make on crawling out of the hole they've sunk into.

Completely unrelated: thank you for being one of the few people of culture online who still knows how to spell "a lot". I can't tell you how many times I've seen "alot" and "allot" on some forums. It's disgusting ( I teach English part time, so it drives me nuts). All this to say that your post made me a happy camper today. Thank you, Niara!
Dude,

first off larian doesn't "owe" YOU anything!!!
Before you write anything about my grammar, I already know it sucks!!!
I'm not very good at typing. If like me you paid the $ 59.00 for early access, than you should know just that...It's EARLY ACCESS!!!
hopefully they fix a lot of the bugs in the game before addressing other issues. ESPECIALLY!!! Romance which shouldn't be in a game at all.
sure man I agree they should keep us informed, but I'm pretty sure and be willing to bet that something has happened to cause the delay in communication.
Let's leave behind the puerile antics and let the doggies and children whine.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard