Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Originally Posted by ldo58
I hope the retreat from combat works properly. It would help for the "immersiveness" I think. Imagine you're Conan sneaking into the caves of Thulsa Doom with your friends, but having to flee from superior numbers, leaving a carnage behind.
Is better than all dying, reloading a save and restarting right ?

Yes, but it will be more immersive if you are not sure to be able to flee each time, if you might fail your retreat and be caught up.

addict
Online Content
addict
And therefore planning an escape route is an additional challenge.

Last edited by ldo58; 18/02/21 10:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by azuremanure
Originally Posted by GreyMage
So, patch #4 Adding the Druid Class, a short stack of new spells, UI changes, AI tweaks, delta patching system, and a "very long" changelog of unspecified minor changes/bugfixes should be available sometime in the next week. It is next week (or a bit longer, possibly) because there is at least one critical bug and few serious bugs that must be resolved so that QA can pass this patch for release.

I am looking forward to the changes, thanks!
Don’t forget the lighting changes!! Loooove me some lighting

Omg what lighting changes?

E
stranger
stranger
E
It felt more like "darkening" changes but hey... it's kinda fun to swap to human POV sometimes.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Originally Posted by azuremanure
Originally Posted by GreyMage
So, patch #4 Adding the Druid Class, a short stack of new spells, UI changes, AI tweaks, delta patching system, and a "very long" changelog of unspecified minor changes/bugfixes should be available sometime in the next week. It is next week (or a bit longer, possibly) because there is at least one critical bug and few serious bugs that must be resolved so that QA can pass this patch for release.

I am looking forward to the changes, thanks!
Don’t forget the lighting changes!! Loooove me some lighting

Omg what lighting changes?

They show passes before/after in the video from the PatchFromHell2 if you go back and watch, I can't remember how far into the video

stranger
stranger
There is a lot of vitriol around the patch.

I don't get it. for me, every update, addition, bug squash, or lighting change is just another step towards the end goal. Yup, I would have like to see another race, or additional classes (I personally don't love Druids, but wildshape looks fun!). Yup, I would have liked controller support fixed up so I can play on my TV or more spells, or class balancing etc etc etc. I'm 100% confident that there are still going to be a very healthy laundry list of things to do for the devs. I don't expect everything fixed because there is a patch. I expect everything fixed when the game finally leaves EA.
So I'm excited for some new stuff and any / all of the little changes that they've managed to make. Everything is a step forward!
Thanks, Larian.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I wish the upvote system was on for that post. I mean, I'd like them to be a little more communicative in between patches, but everything I've seen from them so far (patch wise) tells me they are very willing to modify their vision of the game based on community feedback.

If my wish came true we'd keep getting great patches with good community changes included AND communication in between. If I had to choose between the two though, I'll stay in the dark in between patches. I think they're on track to release a GREAT game, and that's the most important thing to me!

enthusiast
enthusiast
They didn't say much about bugs that they took care of though. Wonder when they will release what was updated?

Last edited by DragonMaster69; 20/02/21 12:14 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
They didn't say much about bugs that they took care of though. Wonder when they will release what was updated?

Looks like they have about 30 pages of notes and not enough time to talk about

To Be Forgotten Is Worse Than Death
I'm fairly disappointed with the panel. I might be horribly misinformed, but EA is an approximate year, correct? If so that would mean a third of the way through with one additional class and one additional companion. I sincerely hope by launch we're able to test and provide feedback on all classes, races, companions and even levels for balance.

I'm concerned that an inadequate EA will lead to a need for a second release similar to DOS2.

That being said, all the props to moderators and what not for allowing people to post negative feedback and opinions. Paradox just had a "major" announcement too, but they're silencing any opposition and saying only to post positive things (or so people reported).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Blade238
I'm fairly disappointed with the panel. I might be horribly misinformed, but EA is an approximate year, correct? If so that would mean a third of the way through with one additional class and one additional companion. I sincerely hope by launch we're able to test and provide feedback on all classes, races, companions and even levels for balance.
They said EA would be at least 1 year, but it could be longer, and I hope it is. I hope they take the time they need to make a great game. smile

S
stranger
stranger
S
I am sad the level cap is still going to be 4, so I have nothing really to do but run a druid up to level 4 (about a week of game play) then go to other games until patch 5 comes out... sad sad sad...

I have played online games since 1991 when Never Winter Nights was released on AOL... I KNOW my games... and I have known many many games since. So don't question my gaming experience it's longer then most of you have been alive.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Unless they fixed most of the bugs, added more feats or more quests, there really is no point in playing EA anymore other than to play as a druid. Now if they would have just upped the level cap to 5 then it is a whole new ball game for pretty much every class and that alone would have people replaying every class to try it out.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by sanctifiedwarrio
Unless they fixed most of the bugs, added more feats or more quests, there really is no point in playing EA anymore other than to play as a druid. Now if they would have just upped the level cap to 5 then it is a whole new ball game for pretty much every class and that alone would have people replaying every class to try it out.

Yes I agree. And to your point I would add Multiclassing. We want to experiment with player characters.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Authion
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69

Looks like they have about 30 pages of notes and not enough time to talk about

True would love to be able to read through the changelog before downloading and installing the patch to see what changes updates and fixes were done.

Originally Posted by Icelyn
They said EA would be at least 1 year, but it could be longer, and I hope it is. I hope they take the time they need to make a great game. smile
That's certainly better than I thought. It'll need more than a year for sure.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sabe
I am sad the level cap is still going to be 4, so I have nothing really to do but run a druid up to level 4 (about a week of game play) then go to other games until patch 5 comes out... sad sad sad...

Yeah I really wish they would up it to 5 or 6, you can get enough XP in EA for that. I'm not a fan of playing Druids, but since they said they fixed Arcane Ward and added Flaming Sphere, I'll just try an Abjurer again.

This patch looks like it will not contain any of the things that I was hoping for, but I'm totally fine with that. Progress is progress, and progress is being made.
I doubt that even 1/5th of the things I want will ever make it into the game... again, I can deal with that. I look forward to seeing what this game will become even if it never even comes close to being the game that I wanted. If it continues on the path it is on, it will still be a game that I will be happy to have purchased and proud to have participated in the EA for.
There could have been more information given about when this patch was anticipated to be available, but I'm fine with simply hearing that it will be "coming soon".
It would have been nice to get a little info between the last patch and now, even if it was just "we're working on it." A "here's a few of the things we're looking at" would have been great... but I can deal with the lack of information because I know that progress of some sort is still being made somewhere.
So, rest assured, when this next patch comes out I am going to try a few more playthroughs just to see what's there. When it gets to the inevitable point where I am bored with that content, I'll download a few mods and try to keep my enjoyment level up while I wait for the next patch. Rinse, and repeat.
Speaking of mods though, I seriously hope that someone at Larian is closely monitoring the modding community. What they come up with, or try to come up with, and how quickly those things that they have come up with accrue downloads will give you (Larian) a pretty strong idea of some of the things people are desperately wanting for future patches.
Anyways... Cheers!

Last edited by The_BlauerDragon; 22/02/21 09:46 PM. Reason: Typo
F
stranger
stranger
F
For me personally, been waiting for a game like this in the works, however in regards to news and announce one would think it would be the day of the announcement for the patch update as well. In which I understand that there is a lot of work that needs to be done but when comes to announcements they should have just waited until the actual release of the patch tbh. Yes, they could inform us that patch four is almost complete but kept a big reveal to themselves because one was hoping that since they made an official announcement the official release of patch four would be released nope.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by foreverskyes
For me personally, been waiting for a game like this in the works, however in regards to news and announce one would think it would be the day of the announcement for the patch update as well. In which I understand that there is a lot of work that needs to be done but when comes to announcements they should have just waited until the actual release of the patch tbh. Yes, they could inform us that patch four is almost complete but kept a big reveal to themselves because one was hoping that since they made an official announcement the official release of patch four would be released nope.

It stopped people asking for info on a daily basis. It's actually common to show sneak peaks to upcoming content, go to any mmo game.

The to hell panels are well done and probably require prep time. Why would you release a update the same time you release a vid. You generally want people to watch the vid.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard