Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
enthusiast
enthusiast
@fallenj what you say is true but I was hoping that in addition to announcing a new PC that they would have also mentioned what if any of the bugs that they had fixed this time around. Nothing at all was even mentioned about the bugs; which was very disappointing

Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
Nothing at all was even mentioned about the bugs
With a patch of this size, it can be assumed that a plethora of bugs have been addressed... just as it can be assumed that more have been introduced. To my way of thinking it would have been pointless for them to spend time talking about bugs when even the most prolific bugs and glitches are sure to not have been encountered by all (or maybe not even most) of the players. The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word "Patch" is; Some old bugs go, some new bugs arrive... some bugs aren't ready to pack their bags yet.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DragonMaster69
@fallenj what you say is true but I was hoping that in addition to announcing a new PC that they would have also mentioned what if any of the bugs that they had fixed this time around. Nothing at all was even mentioned about the bugs; which was very disappointing

True, I can see you point on wanting to know about the details.

old hand
old hand
I think pretty much everyone wants details, if we got a patchnotes list (that could be updated later) I think people would be pleased and patient for that next update.

addict
addict
Agreed. I don't mind waiting out a pre-emptive hotfix, but I want to know what's different in patch 4. Beyond adding druid, improved torches, etc.

Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I think pretty much everyone wants details, if we got a patchnotes list (that could be updated later) I think people would be pleased and patient for that next update.
That seems like an extremely reasonable approach. Rather than wasting time talking about every tiny detail in the update video, they could just release a textual list after the video that covers everything that will be in the update and let us read through it at our leisure. It isn't like they don't already have a list somewhere internally.

I second that, and that way they can focus the videos on the meat of the patches without having to spend any time on minor points. Something that lists the minor stuff, and bug fixes and such can be in a list to read later.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

Now I'd even be happy with patch notes that what we've got an idea of what bugs are being fixed as well as what new things might be getting added

stranger
stranger
Hoping the launcher is fixed. Only way I can play is running the app as administrator in bin folder

To Be Forgotten Is Worse Than Death
stranger
stranger
Having PFH2 so far in front of the patch has cause me a lot of anxiety!

Give us notes at least

G
addict
addict
G
If you still think the patch is coming this week, you better wake up. We're going go to into March without a release.

Truly disappointing from Larian (again)

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Oh they're having a laugh laugh

D
D
It's out!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by gaymer
If you still think the patch is coming this week, you better wake up. We're going go to into March without a release.

Well look who's wrong. AGAIN.

addict
addict
39 GB, here we go.

Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Originally Posted by gaymer

Well look who's wrong. AGAIN.
Well, even if he'd been right, it isn't like March is more than a couple of days away. Still. Glad to see that he was wrong.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ldo58
39 GB, here we go.

Done ! I could load about 2,5 GB per hour from steam, so it took 18 hours to download the patch. eek
Fortunately the patching system is now changed so that the next ones will be smaller.
But it makes me wonder how huge the final prodcuct will be. Only for this I'm now happy to have opted in EA, so the rest will come in small patches.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard