Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#755669 12/02/21 04:27 AM
OP Offline
So I've seem a lot of people talking about wanting a Goblin companion of some sort and they usually go for the one locked up in the tiefling camp.

But what about the Goblin who keeps Volo at the Goblin camp? Here me out:

For one, she's cute as a button. She's terrible because she's a goblin but by goblin standards? She's actually alright. Sure, Volo is a pet to her but when you convince her he's sick she lets you take him out and actually seems concerned for him. By gobbie standards, she's downright kind!

What if one of the ways to get her to let Volo go is to convince her that you need him for something important and (with a high persuasion roll) she agrees but under the condition that she goes too since he's "hers."

Once at camp she could sell reagents or crafting supplies at a modest discount (in reality there is no discount--the discount is selling stuff at a normal price to you since she's a goblin, after all.)

She and Volo could have banter related to your point in the story as a gentle reminder of where you left off. They could be talking about how Volo is going to write about your exploits and make snarky comments about your choices. They could also gossip and judge the MC horribly for whoever they chose to romance (or the drama of the MC sleeping with multiple people!)

You could see their unlikely friendship develop over the course of the game. Like he calls her his "little muse" and she adamantly demands he sing her lullabies to sleep.

The potential is limitless!

Edit: I think this option would work regardless of how the player handles events at the goblin/tiefling camps. You could recruit Volo and his little muse before those events take place and potentially save her. Would she really care if you sided against the gobs since they're all jerks anyway? The goblin jailed at the tiefling camp would only be viable if siding with the goblins. It would be nice to have a goblin camp follower regardless of the route you take.

Last edited by pinklily; 12/02/21 04:36 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes to multiple goblins at camp. The more diverse the endgame is, the better.

old hand
old hand
I actually want a new gobbo, one that is a fighter or ranger and has the custom ability to summon his warg mount who is his closest friend and previously was his only companion. Perhaps make him a mercenary or someone who defected from the other goblins cause he didn't buy into the absolute thing. Though I definitely wouldn't mind any existing goblin being made into a companion

enthusiast
enthusiast
I was thinking for a Gobbo companion, he was a chief of a tribe who joined the absolute, and ended up not liking how he lost his power and questioning the orders so you can rescue him from prison when you go to rescue Volo, etc

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Also- I support the important thread in the suggestions: Let everyone in the Party Speak
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by pinklily
She and Volo could have banter related to your point in the story as a gentle reminder of where you left off. They could be talking about how Volo is going to write about your exploits and make snarky comments about your choices. They could also gossip and judge the MC horribly for whoever they chose to romance (or the drama of the MC sleeping with multiple people!)

You could see their unlikely friendship develop over the course of the game. Like he calls her his "little muse" and she adamantly demands he sing her lullabies to sleep.

OK this sounds absolutely adorable and I approve.

veteran
veteran
There is also the guy in the cage, still following Maglubiyet. He was pretty easygoing too.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by pinklily

I mean.... I'd recruit that ^.^

OP Offline
I live for wholesome content and we already have so many dark/edgy companions. I just think something like this would offer some really nice contrast.

enthusiast
enthusiast
More Goblins needed.

Link Copied to Clipboard