Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
This has been referenced in Reddit threads; but a target currently on fire, or standing in a flames should no longer be obscured by shadow with a penalty to hit. This increases tactical options.

Maybe some underdark creatures should have a penalty to hit when encountering strong light sources?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Ooh, I like this! There is already a system in dnd for Sunlight Sensitivity. And, they have their clear, lightly obscured, and heavily obscured status for terrain and creatures. (This also might improve chances of races like Kobolds getting into the game!)

addict
addict
Yeah, I've bumped against this as well. It's ridiculous.

I'm not sure how the current build determines the level of light or darkness, but it doesn't react well enough to what players do and what happens during a fight.

P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
I had a great fun situation where I was still somehow trying to hit an enemy that was obscured by shadow while:
- It was on fire
- It was standing in a field of fire
- My character's weapon had light cast on it

At that point I stopped expecting it to make sense.

veteran
veteran
+1

Not sure about that reaction of underdark creatures ...
But certain light sources giving them disadvantage for one round seem reasonable to me. smile

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tassadoro
This has been referenced in Reddit threads; but a target currently on fire, or standing in a flames should no longer be obscured by shadow with a penalty to hit. This increases tactical options.

Maybe some underdark creatures should have a penalty to hit when encountering strong light sources?
Agree with both, unfortunately I can only find sunlight sensitivity mentioned in 5e, not bright light sensitivity. Drow and Duergar have this, would expect other Underdark races to be the same. (I guess our tadpoles protect us?)

Something I would like to see that goes along with this is if the party has bright light (torches, dipping candles, etc) while in a dark area, then enemies that would normally have the penalty to hit should now have a normal chance.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Yea i had cast light on my weapons fighting with the sword and critters were still obscure by shadows I was like WTF. It would seem to me that probably some sources of light are working better than others.

journeyman
journeyman
From what I've seen, light sources, darkvision and the like are buggy at best

addict
addict
Yah, the lighting system is currently not working very well. I've had multiple instances of not being able to see an enemy in melee range even though I am holding a brightly glowing greatsword.

Link Copied to Clipboard