Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#756261 15/02/21 11:59 PM
Darsen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Will you add the Xanathar's and Tasha's features in the 1.0?
I'm talking about:
- subclasses
- classes (artificer is the only brand new class)
- feats
- tasha's new rules about attribute points and lignage
- spells

S
addict
addict
S
I hope not for Tasha's ASI rules, but they probably will...

I
old hand
old hand
I
Hopefully they leave Tasha's out. The rules make race completely irrelevant.

apprentice
apprentice
Tasha's rules are amazing and improve player options massively. They mean you can play a race for its roleplay potential and special abilities instead of pidgeonholed into 'every human is multiclass' and 'half elves are the master race'.

Seriously, whoever designed humans in 5e needs to be taken out back and shot. Variant humans are at least usable but the basic +1 to all stats is... it doesn't help anything. Oh, yay, you can be mediocre in any class as a human (as long as you have a torch), but there will always be someone better at what you do than you. And they can see in the dark too.

Larian already made half-elves more balanced by stripping out their racial skill proficiencies. Using Tasha's custom lineage for humans and customisable ASIs for every race will properly finish the job.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by FuryouMiko
Tasha's rules are amazing and improve player options massively. They mean you can play a race for its roleplay potential and special abilities instead of pidgeonholed into 'every human is multiclass' and 'half elves are the master race'.

Except that the ability scores are also part of the potential and roleplay of a race.

old hand
old hand
Would be nice, but not likely. I do hope they at least add variant human though.

addict
addict
Larian said they were aiming to provide all the options of the PHB (race, class, background, hopefully-spells, etc), but probably not more than the PHB.

The XGtE and TCoE books are perfect material for new technical content in expansions, to go along with new story/quest content. So I would expect they'd rather keep this on the side of their desk, and not include it in the base game.

That being said, I'm hoping that some modders will implement this additional technical content. A lot of the new (sub)classes look pretty dope.

Originally Posted by Ixal
Hopefully they leave Tasha's out. The rules make race completely irrelevant.
You mean, the option to customise the Ability Score Increases and proficiencies of your character at character creation ? It's an option. If you don't like it, nobody would force you to use it in your game. Why depriving other players of this options ?

P
addict
addict
P
I don't hate tasha's new stat rules, I just felt that they were kind of redundant. In my experience, people were already basically doing what they suggested, either in making their own custom race blocks, and/or going to their DM and saying "hey, can I change this?"

I feel disappointed because I wanted the advanced race guide for 5e, not just a hand wave explanation of what a lot of us were already doing.

But I do hope that they eventually start adding content from some of the later books. We already have some of the Tief races from Mordenkainens, and I personally am a big fan of the Xan's guide content.

apprentice
apprentice

Except that the ability scores are also part of the potential and roleplay of a race.

Not really. Saying "no hin can ever be as smart as an elf" is kinda meh. Where are the genius lightfoots who can think circles round a sun elf? What about the Tieflings who are misfortunate enough to fall into the uncanny valley and suffer a charisma penalty as a result?

The roleplay of a race is more about how people who aren't members of that race react to them. Sure, the Eldreth Veluuthra might disagree and go on for hours about how elves are superior to all other races in every way, but everyone else knows they're full of shit.

S
addict
addict
S

Not really. Saying "no hin can ever be as smart as an elf" is kinda meh. Where are the genius lightfoots who can think circles round a sun elf? What about the Tieflings who are misfortunate enough to fall into the uncanny valley and suffer a charisma penalty as a result?

The roleplay of a race is more about how people who aren't members of that race react to them. Sure, the Eldreth Veluuthra might disagree and go on for hours about how elves are superior to all other races in every way, but everyone else knows they're full of shit.

You see Meh, I see 'Halflings should never be stronger than a Half Orc' and 'Dwarves should never be more nimble than an Elf'.

P
addict
addict
P
Except... All races could always be as strong or as smart as each other. Your racial ASI only ever determined your starting line, not where you actually end up. Because everyone's stats cap at 20. The exceptions to this is in class features and epic boons, not races. Half-Orcs get a leg up on their strength over races such as Halflings, but that just means it might take the Halfling more effort to get their strength to 20, not that they will never get to 20.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Piff
Except... All races could always be as strong or as smart as each other. Your racial ASI only ever determined your starting line, not where you actually end up. Because everyone's stats cap at 20. The exceptions to this is in class features and epic boons, not races. Half-Orcs get a leg up on their strength over races such as Halflings, but that just means it might take the Halfling more effort to get their strength to 20, not that they will never get to 20.

Indeed, I should have put 'at level 1'.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Would be nice, but not likely. I do hope they at least add variant human though.

I'd like to see variant human. Actually, I think variant human is still kinda weak and could use a slight boost. It's a travesty what 5e did to humans. Humans are supposed to be the dominating species in Faerun but you wouldn't be able to tell with their crappy racial bonuses.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I would love to see classes and content from supplementary books added to BG3.

However, if they are going to do that, for the love of god I hope they take the opportunity to update the older PHB subclasses and buff them a bit - the power creep has been real and for the most part, the more recent subclasses completely outclass the PHB subclasses.

old hand
old hand
I really really really want Xanathars and Tasha's stuff to be added, moreso than any other material.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by Piff

Indeed, I should have put 'at level 1'.

Even at level 1 it depends more on the ability distribution.
A Halfling fighter will still tend to end up being stronger than a Half-Orc rogue for example.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Scribe
You see Meh, I see 'Halflings should never be stronger than a Half Orc' and 'Dwarves should never be more nimble than an Elf'.

Well, to each group/player their own vision of the world in which they play, it's a let's-pretend game after all.

But to me the +1/+2 to an Ability Score is only there to reflect statistics. If you roll 1000 Half-Orcs and 1000 Halflings (without permutations), you'll find the Half-Orcs to be stronger.

Just like, in the real-world human species, males are on average 13cm taller than women. But it's pretty easy to find women taller than men. Even among athletes doing the same sport.

So I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to find a (level 1) Halfling with 16 Strength (possibly being a Fighter) and a (level 1) Half-Orc with 12 Strength.

Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Humans are supposed to be the dominating species in Faerun but you wouldn't be able to tell with their crappy racial bonuses.

Maybe they are so prevalent because they reproduce more.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Some subclasses have already been modded.

Like there is a mod that adds aberrant mind even when sorcerer is not yet fully in the game.

That's the main reason I wouldn't buy a class DLC.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I just want all the classes and races. I'm not sure about the other stuff.

veteran
veteran
I'm not that familiar with the 5e ruleset (we are still palying 3rd edition with our group ... when we are not playing otehr rpgs), but the Tasha ruleset was brought up in a lore video ... I think from Wolfheart ... and I did like it. I would like to see some elements from that included.

I don't know, how realistic it is, to get those rules included with the races, classes and tweaks, but I'm all for more customisation for your character - and having more choices.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard