Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante
It smells Druid : knots in wood in the figures of the countdown, vegetation on the stones, and... cow wildshape (CR 1/4) !

Somebody get this man a biscuit!

S
addict
addict
S
Someone taking notes? I got called into a meeting!

veteran
veteran
OMG - druid class is coming, I don't care, what tehy anounce else, this is great news for me. Fiannly I can play a propper tree hugger laugh

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
M
M
Originally Posted by Scribe
So far:
A torch icon
Druid class

They didn't go too much into detail or if they did I missed it, because the show is a technical difficulty nightmare.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Looks like Larian has no intention to make BG3 closer to actual D&D.
The druids bear form has apparently a classic video game taunt ability and the druid has no daily limit on transformations.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Ixal
Looks like Larian has no intention to make BG3 closer to actual D&D.
The druids bear form has apparently a classic video game taunt ability and the druid has no daily limit on transformations.

That’s my take on it. They are doubling down on DOS mechanics.

Once I saw the tabby cat killing a goblin, I assumed Larian has no intention of making serious combat and just wants lots of explosions and cinematics. They are the Michael Bay of video games.

Last edited by spectralhunter; 17/02/21 07:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by marajango
Originally Posted by Scribe
So far:
A torch icon
Druid class

They didn't go too much into detail or if they did I missed it, because the show is a technical difficulty nightmare.

Also some "big thing that contains lots of little things" -- which I'm hoping is the temple of Shar.

Where's my prize for guessing Teiflings, Spells and Cows smile

Edit: also after this patch, the subsequent patches will be hotpatch sized and not huge bandwith breaking sizes

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 17/02/21 07:19 PM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I didn't really pick up anything obvious about changing the way the rules work or the other mega thread issues people raised. Some QoL changes and GUI fixes. And 1 new class. I think the druid will introduce more balance issues - wild shape seems way more powerful than the actual druid ability in 5E...how does a little kitty-kat shove someone off a building? You take on the creature's scores like strength etc. Cats are not known for their great strength... also, flaming sphere doesn't leave a trail of fire on the ground, so I hope that wasn't another way to get in a flammable surface effect (:o) I think they also mentioned witch bolt would electrify a surfaces...that's also not in in the rules, but I suppose consistent with DOS. Sounds like they're just soldiering on with their take on D&D (DOS&DOS?) regardless - encouraged by Jeremey Crawford, who seems to be egging them on. Pity. Maybe Patch 5 will do something differently.

Last edited by booboo; 17/02/21 07:28 PM. Reason: spelling grr!
veteran
veteran
Still happy about the druid class - and you even get that cool looking armor

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
Also some "big thing that contains lots of little things" -- which I'm hoping is the temple of Shar.
I... Think the big thing was supposed to be the druid class itself with its transformations.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
I
old hand
old hand
I
The way he talked about Speak Dead being a 3rd level spell normally not castable by his lvl 4 party and how stupid that is also shows how little regard Larian has for D&D and its rules in general.
Seems they rather want to make a whacky DOS stile game and D&D is preventing them from doing it.

Last edited by Ixal; 17/02/21 07:24 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
Yikes.

So looks like I fight for my refund...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I... Think the big thing was supposed to be the druid class itself with its transformations.

Ah. You're probably right.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Scratch has new collars too!

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Ixal
The way he talked about Speak Dead being a 3rd level spell normally not castable by his lvl 4 party and how stupid that is also shows how little regard Larian has for D&D and its rules in general.
Seems they rather want to make a whacky DOS stile game and D&D is preventing them from doing it.

Gotta speak with the dead. As we all know that’s one of the pillars of gaming...

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Not gonna lie, I tried my best to be conservative with my expectations and I'm still fucking disappointed.

Absolutely no improvement (nor mention of the issues) with the party controls, no increase level cap to 5, one single new class in four months, no new races and if there are mechanical gameplay improvements they surely have made a terrible job highlighting them so far.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Okay... So finally I'm dissapointed^^

10 weeks for the druids ? It looks really interresting to play but a pannel from hell for a single class is not what I expected.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
apprentice
apprentice
Ok so when can we expect this BIG announcement ?

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Originally Posted by ste100
Already said, but... I think the "big" announcement was the druid class.
Also, the only meaningful addition of this "giant" patch.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by ste100

The big announcement is the Druid class will be in the next patch.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard