Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#756691 17/02/21 08:28 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
It's been a while since I wanted to post anything here. I lost a lot of motivation from the lack of Larian's responses to community feedback.

Today's livestream just confirmed everything I thought, which is that Larian doesn't give AF about our responses.

Vometia, thanks so much for trying to organize things, I'm just sad it's all been for nothing. Good luck everyone.

#756694 17/02/21 08:29 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Four months since the start of EA. 4...months.

How many community suggestions or feedback has been incorporated?

One, sort of. Which was *slightly* reducing ground effects even though it is still massively more than the community wants.

No response to Height/Backstab. No change in the terrible party movement controls. No change to the overpowered Bonus Actions. No change to *anything* the community actually wants.

Screw this. I'm getting a refund if I can, uninstalling regardless. I compiled pages and pages of community responses into easily digestible summaries with clear actions that could be taken to address the concerns. Not a single mention of any of them, or any other community feedback.

DOS 3 will be a fun game, but it will be the World War Z of video games. Taking nothing but the names from its source. People will play it, enjoy it, and move on. It will not have a community lasting 20+ years that still produces new content to the extent a whole new studio tries to make a sequel decades from now. It will be just another fun video game, not a sequel to one of the greatest RPGs ever made. See you all 3-4 months after release when it goes on goes on Steam sale.

Last edited by Isaac Springsong; 17/02/21 08:41 PM. Reason: accuracy
journeyman
journeyman
I feel your pain. Just finished the livestream, I'm serously considering doing the same thing as you.

The hag fight was horrible, and that was being played by someone who knows the game pretty well (euphemism). He spent most of the time clicking on party icons to move them and work around the turn system rather than actually using abilities.

I had flashbacks from my own plays on EA and the huge amount of time spent to just work around the tedious mechanics of the game just to be able to gather your party and move easily around a simple dungeon with literally one corridor.

If there are new players watching this, I can't come up at all with the idea this live from hell panel is going to make them hyped for the game. That was one of the most terrible live gameplay experience Ive ever watched, and it showed they didn't fix anything major with the game yet.

Last edited by Temperance; 17/02/21 08:46 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I enjoyed the pageantry buuut that playthrough didn't showcase the Druid class as well as the trailer at the end... maybe they should have opened with the new trailer, then move on to a Druid-specific quest if that was the big highlight? Some character creation snippets? They DID a good job showing the cinematic improvement in a relatively short amount of time.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm grumpy too, I was expecting to be able to complete Lae'zel's questline for act 1A and to reach the lake thingy, or the missing Auntie Ethel messenger quest that ties with Baldur's Gate --- story progression, to me, seems more important than layering on class over class. And I like the Druid and the new abilities.

I don't know, I guess they are doing the best they can as everyone else.

BeeBee #756734 17/02/21 08:56 PM
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by BeeBee
I'm grumpy too, I was expecting to be able to complete Lae'zel's questline for act 1A and to reach the lake thingy, or the missing Auntie Ethel messenger quest that ties with Baldur's Gate --- story progression, to me, seems more important than layering on class over class. And I like the Druid and the new abilities.

I don't know, I guess they are doing the best they can as everyone else.

Are they?

I'm actually bewildered that people are at all accepting this.

I already requested a refund, and I'm going to call/email/spam Steam until it happens.

There was nothing redeeming about what was displayed today.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Sorry to see you go. This video was frustrating, not gonna lie. I'm trying to be optimistic but they're not making it easy. With mods this is still going to be great in my estimation, without still very good but shallow unless they turn this around right at the end. But it's probably gonna be a frustrating early access.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
I've just submitted my refund request. I don't see much chance of success, though.

The way Larian manages party movement is dreadful
Can I have your stuff? grin

I wasn't expecting much from this update given how badly the hotfixes for patch 3 went, my thinking was that we were getting a "back-room" update to fix and add the next batch of code to go wrong.

I wasn't expecting much... but I got a Druid, so I'll be sinking a few more hours into the EA.

Umbra #756766 17/02/21 09:39 PM
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Umbra
Can I have your stuff? grin

I wasn't expecting much from this update given how badly the hotfixes for patch 3 went, my thinking was that we were getting a "back-room" update to fix and add the next batch of code to go wrong.

I wasn't expecting much... but I got a Druid, so I'll be sinking a few more hours into the EA.

If it got me my 80 bucks back? Hell yeah you could have my stuff.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Bye

journeyman
journeyman
Bye now, better luck next time around.

Fare thee well. I am sorry that this game was not something you enjoyed, but I hope you may find happiness elsewhere. Go! Do not linger in a place that would only bring you sadness and frustration. I honestly wish you a good day, and better luck, my friend.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
Umbra #756795 17/02/21 10:07 PM
veteran
veteran
I wasn't expecting much... but I got a Druid

We could get a Pope for how little i care.

To say I was disappointed with the [utter lack of] mechanical improvements they showed would be an understatement.
I'm not jumping on the "refund" bandwagon only because I think it's a lost cause, but this was the update that made me lower considerably my expectations for the final game once and for all.

If this is going to be the pace they are going to add and revise content, imagine how little room actually remains in the next 8-12 months to bring this game to the standards it should live up to.

And since UI/control revisions seem out of the question, I guess it's not even worth arguing why their choice to give up from the start on a day/night cycle is implicitly terrible, too.

Last edited by Tuco; 17/02/21 10:10 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Tuco #756797 17/02/21 10:12 PM
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Tuco

To say I was disappointed with the [utter lack of] mechanical improvements they showed would be an understatement.
I'm not jumping on the "refund" bandwagon only because I think it's a lost cause, but this was the update that made me lower considerably my expectations for the final game once and for all.

If this is going to be the pace they are going to add and revise content, imagine how little room actually remains in the next 8-12 months to bring this game to the standards it should live up to.

Consider that mods exist for Bard, Paladin, and Monk.

And all we see is a flashy druid? Where's the actual substance? Where is the nuts and bolts updates?

The fact is, would could have a flashy game, that still meets the rules somewhere in the middle.

Instead? It's a complete disregard for anything but style points.

I'm going to check out Solastra, if it has MOD potential then I see no reason to not put support behind a developer that cares about substance.

Tuco #756798 17/02/21 10:15 PM
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Tuco

Wait, the game will be out in 1 year? I already think they got way too many resource/time sinks going (what with custom protagonist, origins, cinematics ecc), pretty wild if they only got 1 year to do everything else too.

Last edited by Innateagle; 17/02/21 10:16 PM.
Scribe #756800 17/02/21 10:20 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Scribe
Consider that mods exist for Bard, Paladin, and Monk.

And all we see is a flashy druid? Where's the actual substance? Where is the nuts and bolts updates?

The fact is, would could have a flashy game, that still meets the rules somewhere in the middle.

Instead? It's a complete disregard for anything but style points.

I'm going to check out Solastra, if it has MOD potential then I see no reason to not put support behind a developer that cares about substance.

I know this sounds like nitpicking, but the thing that I found the most grating is that Larian seemed to be incredibly proud of this update. To the point of making announcements of announcements, weeks of teasing and putting up an awkward streaming to show it off.
Which makes me think this will be pretty much the "peak quality" type of update we'll get from them before the final release.

I do think the game has potential, but Larian seems to be hellbent on shitting on it and diluting the good with barrels and barrels (yeah, pun intended) of questionable design choices and to pretend they never heard a single word about them from their community.

It's going to be the DOS armor 2.0

Larian: "We made this clever new thing, guys"
Community: "Well, this is shit"
Larian: "Nu-uh, you'll come around eventually!"

Few months later:

"Boy, that surely was shit, wasn't it? If only we actually listened. Too bad what's done it's done".

Last edited by Tuco; 17/02/21 10:22 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Innateagle
Wait, the game will be out in 1 year? I already think they got way too many resource/time sinks going (what with custom protagonist, origins, cinematics ecc), pretty wild if they only got 1 year to do everything else too.
The EA launched in October and Larian said upfront to expect AT LEAST one year of EA.
And in 30 years of following software development I've never, ever seen a big project like this matching the original predictions/deadlines once in my life.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Not a fan of Bulls and bears that can climb ladders but its fantasy. Anything goes. Right? I still have hope. Some will love it, others will weep. For the latter, another dev will surface and fulfill their dreams.

Topper #756808 17/02/21 10:34 PM
I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Topper
Not a fan of Bulls and bears that can climb ladders but its fantasy. Anything goes. Right? I still have hope. Some will love it, others will weep. For the latter, another dev will surface and fulfill their dreams.

It looks silly but as Larian decided that wildshape is unlimited outside combat you would just revert, climb and wildshape again so the result is the same, just with less clicks.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard