Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Dec 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Dec 2020
I'm an old BG and BG2 fan too and still like the new game a lot. Of course, there are things, I would like to see changed: quicker reaction time for enemies for example, especially in the Shattered Sanctum that is a problem. The barrels are a bit cheesy. The companions, that get stuck and humping around. That the sound in conversation is sometimes not there.
I don't have that much problems with the changed rules, despite being a longtime pen & paper gamer. I can understand, if people are bothered by it, but I ain't.


I knew, there would be downsides, when I bought the game in EA and I'm ok with it. And I won't get into big discussions before seeing the full patch notes. It sounded, as if there was some more stuff to the patch, that wasn't flashy enough to be shown in the PfH. Maybe bug solutions.

Last edited by fylimar; 20/02/21 07:01 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Joined: Oct 2014
K
stranger
Offline
stranger
K
Joined: Oct 2014
Why posting that you are out ? At best you ruin someone's experience. Just quit and move on , don't need to post about it. I would understand posting 'what I did not like' but 'I'm out' just gives the impression that you are so above the pack. Sorry you are not , and goodbye.

Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Feb 2020
Location: Belgium
Originally Posted by Karanshade
Why posting that you are out ? At best you ruin someone's experience. Just quit and move on , don't need to post about it. I would understand posting 'what I did not like' but 'I'm out' just gives the impression that you are so above the pack. Sorry you are not , and goodbye.

He's active here for a long time and already discussed a lot about what he don't like. He also did valuable topics and report a lot of community feedback to the devs (before we knew that no one at Larian is reading this forum).

I'm sad he's out, but I'm happy he told it us.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 20/02/21 07:31 PM.
Joined: Apr 2020
Location: Boston , MA
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Location: Boston , MA
We all feel your pain.

Patch 3 was 4 steps towards the right direction.

Patch 4 was 50 steps backwards.

Joined: Nov 2020
P
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
P
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
We all feel your pain.

Patch 3 was 4 steps towards the right direction.

Patch 4 was 50 steps backwards.

Strange, because new patch notes haven't been released yet. How can you tell then?

Naerytar #757932 20/02/21 09:27 PM
Joined: Jan 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Jan 2020
Originally Posted by Naerytar
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
Larian developpers have a lot more of data than the suggestion and feedback that comes from a part of this forum users.

See, this is what I don't get. If the opinions on this forum are just a drop in the ocean compared to all the data they're collecting through EA... and this forum is just a vocal minority, almost by definition... what's the point of this forum?

Why even have a Suggestions & Feedback section if it's just a vocal minority anyway? If everything that matters in the end are statistics, why bother? Why are we even here?
If you can disregard any criticism raised here because "vocal minority", this forum is pointless and should be shut down.

I'm not advocating for that, I'm just saying that's the only logical conclusion of your argument.

Larian have instrumented the game, and can tell from that what players actually do in BG3; this gives Larian a complete view of player actions, but it says nothing at all about WHY players perform those actions, and how they felt about the game at any particular time.

Forum posts can help Larian understand the in-game data they record, but as forum contributors are self-selecting, they do not represent a representative cross-section of the player base. So the data Larian record ( and how they choose to interpret it) will likely always be more important to changes they make.

It is my personal view that the best approach Larian can take to satisfying the wildly varying player expectations around the fringes ( I count myself in that group ), is to ensure the game has comprehensive and solid modding tools.

Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by etonbears
It is my personal view that the best approach Larian can take to satisfying the wildly varying player expectations around the fringes ( I count myself in that group ), is to ensure the game has comprehensive and solid modding tools.

100% this is the answer.

From what I can tell, you can.

Remove the explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the ground effects caused by Explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the inane addition of Advantage based on High Ground.
Correct flaws in Action vs Bonus Action.
Balance Spell's.

That to me is a MASSIVE improvement on the base game already.

My only problem is they announced The Burning Crusade: Classic, at Blizzcon, and I'm struggling to find a reason to not play that again instead of worry about a game that is going down a dubious design path.

Joined: Feb 2021
P
addict
Offline
addict
P
Joined: Feb 2021
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
On my second playthrough BG2 (original version) this time with all the great community MODS everyone talks about. Just amazing.
Having more fun than BG3.
At that pace I hope EA goes into 2022.


If you having so much fun, why bother to post about another game on an alpha forum? Methinks you protest too much! Either that or just petty.

Last edited by Pandemonica; 20/02/21 10:15 PM.
Joined: Feb 2021
P
addict
Offline
addict
P
Joined: Feb 2021
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
We all feel your pain.

Patch 3 was 4 steps towards the right direction.

Patch 4 was 50 steps backwards.

Do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around...Thats what its all about!

Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
On my second playthrough BG2 (original version) this time with all the great community MODS everyone talks about. Just amazing.
Having more fun than BG3.
At that pace I hope EA goes into 2022.


If you having so much fun, why bother to post about another game on an alpha forum? Methinks you protest too much! Either that or just petty.

Hope for a new game, that can at least match the quality of one that is 20 years old? That is already making a cheap appeal on the name drop?

Scribe #757991 20/02/21 11:46 PM
Joined: Jan 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Jan 2020
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by etonbears
It is my personal view that the best approach Larian can take to satisfying the wildly varying player expectations around the fringes ( I count myself in that group ), is to ensure the game has comprehensive and solid modding tools.

100% this is the answer.

From what I can tell, you can.

Remove the explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the ground effects caused by Explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the inane addition of Advantage based on High Ground.
Correct flaws in Action vs Bonus Action.
Balance Spell's.

That to me is a MASSIVE improvement on the base game already.
Good, I'm glad that it already looks like some of the issues you have can be addressed.

I don't care about the rules myself as I'm not a TT player any more, but I do want the game to feel worthwhile ( as defined by me! ), and I suspect that might eventually involve changing or removing some of the more silly aspects of the way the game works. smile

Scribe #757999 21/02/21 12:04 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by etonbears
It is my personal view that the best approach Larian can take to satisfying the wildly varying player expectations around the fringes ( I count myself in that group ), is to ensure the game has comprehensive and solid modding tools.

100% this is the answer.

From what I can tell, you can.

Remove the explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the ground effects caused by Explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the inane addition of Advantage based on High Ground.
Correct flaws in Action vs Bonus Action.
Balance Spell's.

That to me is a MASSIVE improvement on the base game already.

My only problem is they announced The Burning Crusade: Classic, at Blizzcon, and I'm struggling to find a reason to not play that again instead of worry about a game that is going down a dubious design path.

Scribe go play BC Classic, its going to be a while before this game even hits full release. No reason to stick around at all.

fallenj #758000 21/02/21 12:07 AM
Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by etonbears
It is my personal view that the best approach Larian can take to satisfying the wildly varying player expectations around the fringes ( I count myself in that group ), is to ensure the game has comprehensive and solid modding tools.

100% this is the answer.

From what I can tell, you can.

Remove the explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the ground effects caused by Explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the inane addition of Advantage based on High Ground.
Correct flaws in Action vs Bonus Action.
Balance Spell's.

That to me is a MASSIVE improvement on the base game already.

My only problem is they announced The Burning Crusade: Classic, at Blizzcon, and I'm struggling to find a reason to not play that again instead of worry about a game that is going down a dubious design path.

Scribe go play BC Classic, its going to be a while before this game even hits full release. No reason to stick around at all.

Yeah, I probably do, my old guildmates in Classic are looking for me to come back anyway (I'm a Shaman, and they will need Bloodlust for raiding lol) so...yeah.

Scribe #758003 21/02/21 12:08 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by etonbears
It is my personal view that the best approach Larian can take to satisfying the wildly varying player expectations around the fringes ( I count myself in that group ), is to ensure the game has comprehensive and solid modding tools.

100% this is the answer.

From what I can tell, you can.

Remove the explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the ground effects caused by Explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the inane addition of Advantage based on High Ground.
Correct flaws in Action vs Bonus Action.
Balance Spell's.

That to me is a MASSIVE improvement on the base game already.

My only problem is they announced The Burning Crusade: Classic, at Blizzcon, and I'm struggling to find a reason to not play that again instead of worry about a game that is going down a dubious design path.

Scribe go play BC Classic, its going to be a while before this game even hits full release. No reason to stick around at all.

Yeah, I probably do, my old guildmates in Classic are looking for me to come back anyway (I'm a Shaman, and they will need Bloodlust for raiding lol) so...yeah.

Nice, have fun.

Joined: Jan 2021
S
addict
Offline
addict
S
Joined: Jan 2021
Originally Posted by fallenj
Nice, have fun.

Hah, my buddy and I are looking at a re-roll plan for Arena too. Thats probably the answer.

GG boys, GL around here, stick on Larian for modder access, its the best hope!

Joined: Sep 2017
M
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
M
Joined: Sep 2017
Originally Posted by Isaac Springsong
Four months since the start of EA. 4...months.

How many community suggestions or feedback has been incorporated?

One, sort of. Which was *slightly* reducing ground effects even though it is still massively more than the community wants.

No response to Height/Backstab. No change in the terrible party movement controls. No change to the overpowered Bonus Actions. No change to *anything* the community actually wants.

Screw this. I'm getting a refund if I can, uninstalling regardless. I compiled pages and pages of community responses into easily digestible summaries with clear actions that could be taken to address the concerns. Not a single mention of any of them, or any other community feedback.

DOS 3 will be a fun game, but it will be the World War Z of video games. Taking nothing but the names from its source. People will play it, enjoy it, and move on. It will not have a community lasting 20+ years that still produces new content to the extent a whole new studio tries to make a sequel decades from now. It will be just another fun video game, not a sequel to one of the greatest RPGs ever made. See you all 3-4 months after release when it goes on goes on Steam sale.
Lol, dude the game is still EA. It will be EA for a while. It will release and be pretty good. It will get a definitive edition and be way good. The definitive edition will get a bunch of patches and then, once it is all finished, it will be GoTY. That's how Larian rolls. DOS1 and DOS2 went literally the same way. If you bought this EA and thought anything otherwise the fault is on you for not doing your research.

Scribe #758132 21/02/21 08:54 AM
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
T
addict
Offline
addict
T
Joined: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by etonbears
It is my personal view that the best approach Larian can take to satisfying the wildly varying player expectations around the fringes ( I count myself in that group ), is to ensure the game has comprehensive and solid modding tools.

100% this is the answer.

From what I can tell, you can.

Remove the explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the ground effects caused by Explosiveness on Arrows and Barrels.
Remove the inane addition of Advantage based on High Ground.
Correct flaws in Action vs Bonus Action.
Balance Spell's.

That to me is a MASSIVE improvement on the base game already.

My only problem is they announced The Burning Crusade: Classic, at Blizzcon, and I'm struggling to find a reason to not play that again instead of worry about a game that is going down a dubious design path.

Scribe go play BC Classic, its going to be a while before this game even hits full release. No reason to stick around at all.

Yeah, I probably do, my old guildmates in Classic are looking for me to come back anyway (I'm a Shaman, and they will need Bloodlust for raiding lol) so...yeah.
I understand Scribe. Well you will not to my understanding get any money back from this game. There is not enough valid points for that you can not compare this to Cyberpunk 2077 release that had a ton of bugs. This game has not huge amount of bugs and this is ALPHA I mean not the full release date. I do hope they make game so you like it more in the future.

I would also try (have motivation for that) WOW again stopped playing when silly Panda expansion was released. I started playing WOW in roughly shortly before when Wrath of Lichking expansion was released so I never experienced original feeling of WOW really slow levelup and more challenge when released

Reason I do not try WOW classic is would be like a drug to me. I would play it roughly 40-60 hours/week if I start playing it. I do not dare to start WOW classic because it is to good game.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 21/02/21 09:14 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
Cleric of Innuendo
Offline
Cleric of Innuendo
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Rugby, UK
This thread has run its course and I think we are all now aware that the OP is leaving.

There are are more than enough threads here about why people do not like the game, and posting personal flounce threads is not offering constructive criticism.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5