Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MIXON Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm starting this thread to see whether I'm the only one who's missing a possibility of a stealth kill on humanoids. I've started playing as a wood half-elf rogue thief and I actually very much enjoyed sneaking into some locations without fighting, but when I encountered the blighted village and tried to take out the goblins on the roof (on which I got very easily) so that I am actually the one setting an ambush. For some reason I had to reload the game once again so I had to attack him twice this way. First time I got a critical success and one-hit him, but next time I didn't even manage to take half of his HP. This looked kind of ridiculous that a rogue, thief, half-elf expert in sneaking didn't manage to slit some pesky goblin's throat.

What are your thoughts on this? I have a feeling that it could be more D&Dish and feel more tabletop.

Anyways, BG3 is already a great game, looking awesome and stuff. Loving it.

Oh and if any of the devs are reading this, there is also this smaller issue. In the very same village, it's extremely easy to get stuck in the textures (for example on the roof of the building to the right from the entrance).

Last edited by MIXON; 18/02/21 10:34 PM.
W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
+1 Bump
complete agreement

old hand
old hand
Steath attacks before combat is completely broken, you can spam free attacks till you are detected and then they are surprised a round so another round goes to you. its dumb

veteran
veteran
This is simply the problem with attack being determined by dices ...
Its same odd that your rogue is not able to slice throat of goblin as my warrior not being able to slice him in half with axe that is twice as big as the goblin is ... when im unlucky and simply roll low (1/2/3/...) for damage rolls.

So ... since you actualy ARE able to slice that goblin throat (you only need to not be unlucky enough to roll low) ... i dont think this is an issue. :-/
What is actualy missing is abylity to take single target out before combat non-lethaly (knock out), since that button is strictly limited to 1d4 damage, and there is nothing in this game that have less than 4HP by start of the combat. :-/

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
addict
addict
Originally Posted by fallenj
Steath attacks before combat is completely broken, you can spam free attacks till you are detected and then they are surprised a round so another round goes to you. its dumb
I'm cheering here https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=760775#Post760775 for that what cases this exploit to be fixed.

As for OPs problem: that's seems perfectly D&Dish to me to fail at stealthy assassination. At TT a DM would explain that with some new factor involvement (the NPC moved a bit, you tripped a bit...). The only difference from TT that here goblins are not just your "pesky goblins" with just 7hp, so it's much more likely that you'll need more than one hit.

Link Copied to Clipboard