Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#757214 18/02/21 08:52 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I was disappointed.

I know this discussion is happening in multiple threads but I wanted to give my own impressions because my feelings don't exactly mirror those expressed in the other threads. I'm not declaring myself out. I don't feel betrayed. I don't want a refund and I still have hope but, again, I'm disappointed.

The bad

* Lighting improvements are not good because it's is a sign that the devs are focusing on honing their strengths instead of dealing with their weaknesses. The game is already beautiful. The problems are with the mechanics and rule implementation. Get the fundamentals right and then polish

* The gameplay seemed cheesy -- running to the fairy ring to bring the rest of the party to the fight seemed like an exploit of engine limitations. That was a missed opportunity because the hag fight can be won without cheese

* I was hoping for more content. I knew a new area was a long shot but at the bare minimum I was expecting to see both the druid and paladin classes introduced. Announcing the druid class didn't feel like a "big thing" at all. It's a core class, of course it's going to show up eventually.

* I didn't hear any mention of the issues most important to this community: movement mechanics, rule implementation and party size

* Hard to separate from ^ but I was annoyed that they brought in WotC to okay their rule changes. Another missed opportunity, was hoping for another "we listened to you on ___" statement. Like they did with cantrip surfaces

* The "this game has to ship sometime" comment worries me

The good

* Bug fixes

* Smaller downloads

* Attention to realms lore -- the flaming fist now has the correct coat of arms

* More staff means more people getting paychecks and, hopefully, less wait time between patches

* I'm glad loaded dice is being implemented as an optional feature

* I liked seeing the cow getting scratched and petted.

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 18/02/21 08:54 PM.
L
addict
addict
L
Jeremy Crawford is always so diplomatic, it sure felt cheap to use him that way to validate the changes Larian are making to core rules. Swen asking if it was alright. What was he going to say when he’s on the spot like that? “Well, actually… you’re in for a lot of balancing trouble if you go down this path…”

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I didn't hear any mention of the issues most important to this community: movement mechanics, rule implementation and party size

When you say most important to this community, what you mean is most important to you.

This is a diverse community who have different likes and dislikes.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Alodar
I didn't hear any mention of the issues most important to this community: movement mechanics, rule implementation and party size

When you say most important to this community, what you mean is most important to you.

You gotta admit that complaning about the lack of D&D mechanics in a D&D game is not unresonable right?

Well you seem to be pretty well informed wink Could you share what are the main concerns on this forum ?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran

Judging by the size of the most active threads I would say those are the most important to community.

Larian likes its numbers -- set up an sentiment analysis engine on the forum and I feel confident that it would produce the same results.

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 18/02/21 09:17 PM.
M
M
* I didn't hear any mention of the issues most important to this community: movement mechanics, rule implementation and party size

* Hard to separate from ^ but I was annoyed that they brought in WotC to okay their rule changes. Another missed opportunity, was hoping for another "we listened to you on ___" statement. Like they did with cantrip surfaces
Yet again, as many will come here accusing the OP of "demanding from the devs to obey" or any other black-or-white line of thinking, I would like to add to these points, that all of this could have been alleviated by openly addressing some of the hottest topics of the forums. Saying whatever they would like to say, just addressing it. Instead of giving us a cop-out by leaving it to the guest of the show to talk around these points.
If you would like to tell us, Larian, that this will never be the game for DnD enthusiasts - sorry about that folks - than it's fine. Just be open about it.
If you would like to tell us however, that you yourselves are still not 100% certain in which direction you would like to go, than this is fine as well. Just tell us.
Please let us know what kind of discussions featuring which bullet points you would like to see on the forums and we will happily provide it. Just a tiny bit of direction would be nice, because discussing and talking for months being just a waste of time, falling on deaf ears, isn't helpful for anyone. It's a waste of your time and ours.

Last edited by marajango; 18/02/21 09:27 PM.
addict
addict
did you think they would say the release date? I'll say it again, the year has just begun, it's too early. I mean yea... sometime. So why worries?

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
addict
addict
Originally Posted by marajango
If you would like to tell us, Larian, that this will never be the game for DnD enthusiasts - sorry about that folks - than it's fine. Just be open about it.
If you would like to tell us however, that you yourselves are still not 100% certain in which direction you would like to go, than this is fine as well. Just tell us.
+1

veteran
veteran

You should probably look at the MEGA THREAD forum.

Just a question about something in the Panel.

EN is not my native language and with the sounds issues at the beginning I'm not sure I understood this one.
The guy talking about lighting and so on at the beginning talked about mushrooms ? I understood than now we'll be able to eat mushroom for free (no bonus action). Is that really what he said ?

I would be very surprised because food and the multiplication of healing items/devaluation of healing potions is another issue related by a lot of players...

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Danielbda
[quote=Alodar][quote=KillerRabbit]

You gotta admit that complaning about the lack of D&D mechanics in a D&D game is not unresonable right?

You gotta admit that expecting a triple AAA computer game based on the paper and pencil 5E rule-set to not have changes is pretty unreasonable right?

L
addict
addict
L
I think it would have been entirely reasonable for them to at least mention SOME of the points on the megathreads, considering the collective hundreds if not thousands of hours users here have put into testing and feedback.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Maximuuus

You should probably look at the MEGA THREAD forum.

The MEGA THREAD forum is also not the community. (It's an echo chamber of the same folks posting the same things over and over)
It is a subset of the community.

No person or small group of people speaks for the BG3 community.
If there are issues that are important to individuals it is fantastic if they post them in the forums but claiming to speak for the community is both false and disingenuous.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Lunar Dante

Well you seem to be pretty well informed wink Could you share what are the main concerns on this forum ?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IgN2IAZi8Hho6X_7XpiW-0N_cUYEJvX8/view

Poll from back in October, I would like to see a more updated one. Arguably none of the issues are considered important by most.

Last edited by Seraphael; 18/02/21 09:33 PM.
addict
addict
[quote=Alodar][quote=KillerRabbit]

You gotta admit that expecting a triple AAA computer game based on the paper and pencil 5E rule-set to not have changes is pretty unreasonable right?
Necessary changes? What about changing those things that can be implemented according to pnp?

L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by Seraphael

Poll from back in October, I would like to see a more updated one. Arguably none of the issues are considered important by most.

I would like to see a more updated one too – but even looking at that there are areas I’d love to have some feedback from Larian on. Particularly the bonus action disengage.

addict
addict

"On a scale from 0 to 10 how accurate would you like BG3 to be in regard of
DnD5e?"
The distribution is clearly concentrated on the right tail. At least whithin the sample, the majority wants the game to be close to the rules.

Last edited by Danielbda; 18/02/21 09:40 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

I would never speak for anyone but myself.

enthusiast
enthusiast

That poll has 500 respondents.
Over 1,000,000 folks have participated in EA.
It represents the thoughts of less than 0.05 % of the community.

Last edited by Alodar; 18/02/21 09:47 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
"On a scale from 0 to 10 how accurate would you like BG3 to be in regard of
DnD5e?"
The distribution is clearly concentrated on the right tail. At least whithin the sample, the majority wants the game to be close to the rules.
You are correct in that a clear majority wants accurate implementation of D&D rules, but simultaneously most people expressed they were happy with both the D&D rules interpretation and Larian's homebrew. And this was BEFORE Larian actually removed some of their homebrew (like elemental surfaces on most wizard attack cantrips). So there are seemingly some...shall we say logical inconsistencies afoot.

Last edited by Seraphael; 18/02/21 09:53 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard