Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by IrenicusBG3
We are approaching the 6 months mark and they addressed almost nothing of the feedback from the forums.

There are plenty of really amazing ideas here that have been actively ignored and the game is going to a very worrisome direction.
I'm sort-of coming to term with the realization that when it comes to "make the best Baldur's Gate game ever made" it may not even be an issue of Larian having the talent or not. It's that they are not even trying.

Just ot be clear: I'm not joking, not whining, nor asking for my money back. I'm just commenting on the realization that the tells are fairly clear.
They are already setting their mind from the get go on some massive compromise as their final goal, before deciding if they'll have to cut something else along the way.

"Day/Night cycle and notion of passing time? A LARGE cast of unique character that can join you in your adventure? A party of six adventures AND a control system simple and intuitive enough to make it effortless to manage?
All things the previous games had, but I'm sure we can do without most of them because we need to cut corners somewhere".

Well, I'm sure the end result will be a somewhat enjoyable game, probably even with some GREAT setpieces and moments.
But my confidence that it will be the best possible Baldur's Gate that Larian could make? How could I have it, when they are giving up on it from the starting line?
Hey @Tuco, we've had our differences in the past, but right now you are saying exactly the same things that are on my mind. Ditto @IrenicusBG3. Thanks for keeping up the good fight.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Originally Posted by Tuco
These people seem to live under the delusion that if you leave this forum the love is universal and unconditional.

I can get on pretty much any internet board someone could think of, voice my complaints about the game and I can tell you before even doing it that there will be a certain numbers of users willing to agree with me, some of which didn't even think about the issue until it was pointed to them.
There will also be people with other grievances on their own and different priorities.

And then of course there will be a large portion of people that are pretty much "the ground zero of expectations" and that they will always be basically fine with anything that looks sufficiently nice and doesn't explicitly BREAK APART during a gameplay session.

If anyone wants them to be their target audience, be my guest. Just don't be surprised when everyone else will comment that the result blows asses as if blowing ass was no one else's business.

I tend to agree with you. But I have to wonder if Larian is making the right decision to basically cater to the masses with "ground zero of expectations"? It's the easy way out and probably the most profitable. I mean, can the vocal complainers, who may very well be in the minority, truly change the direction of a game? Has there ever been a case?

Depends what you mean by right. Right for profit? Yeah, it probably is. Nowadays the target is probs BW's following, and as we can see from BG3 itself Larian already seemingly finds it easier to follow the Dragon Age format than the OGs'. So yeah, they don't really need to make a good Baldur's Gate, or indeed a Bladur's Gate, out of BG3 to sell well.

enthusiast
enthusiast
@KillerRabbit what bug fixes as I heard very few bug fixes mentioned at all. especially nothing in regards to the Feats or the weapon bugs that have been prevalent since early on which they know about

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard