Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
I have the Sussur Tree Bark; I have a plain 1d4 sickle (just because it's the only way I know of to get an enchanted sickle). I open the crafting menu. I can drag and drop either the sickle or the Sussur Tree Bark to the '+' symbol of the crafting menu. Then the fun starts - I cannot move anything to the '?' symbol of the crafting station:

• Drag and drop - fail.
  • Double click - fail. If I double click the sickle, it gets wielded; if I double click the Sussur Tree Bark, it doesn't move.
  • Starting crafting by dropping the sickle on the crafting station - fail. Just acts like dropping an item normally.
  • Putting one item on the '+' symbol and adding the other one on top of it - fail. Just swaps the items.
  • Putting one item on the '+' symbol and trying to move it to the '?' symbol - fail.
  • Trying with a standard dagger or a standard greatsword - fail. Same exact symptoms as the sickle.
  • Trying different crafting stations - fail. The furnace, anvil, and workbench under the blacksmith's house all work the same (except you have to light the furnace), and all fail.

Am I just missing something stupid and obvious or did patch 3 break this quest?

[edit] Figured it out. I will leave the post to help others irritated by this quest. You have to use the forge, combine the Sussur Tree Bark with the forge first, which turns it blue, then combine the weapon.

This is not intuitive, especially since the other combinations that uses a preset item (creating the Elixer of Sylvannus; poisoning the goblin's drinking vat) put an icon on the '?' symbol to show that it is already used.[/edit]

Last edited by RBarbare; 20/02/21 06:56 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Solution below (Don't feel bad, I got completely stuck)
1) Use the sussur bark to change the colour of the forge fire in the blighted village basement
2) Put the selected weapon in and combine

J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Nephtu
1) Use the sussur bark to change the colour of the forge fire in the blighted village basement

I have tried this many times and I get no results. When I add the sussur bark, the forge will not turn blue. I have and have read the Journal and the blueprints. I have the sussur bark. I have the weapons. I have ignitedthe forge and fanned it with the bellows. I have followed 3 youtube videos ( all pretty much the same, of course) and I get no blue forge. Is this a glitch?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Joe Baguiodonicz
Originally Posted by Nephtu

I have tried this many times and I get no results. When I add the sussur bark, the forge will not turn blue. I have and have read the Journal and the blueprints. I have the sussur bark. I have the weapons. I have ignitedthe forge and fanned it with the bellows. I have followed 3 youtube videos ( all pretty much the same, of course) and I get no blue forge. Is this a glitch?

Are you sure you are using the Sussar Bark and not the Sussar Blooms?

Because the Sussar Blooms do nothing.

Well they do nothing at the forge, they are great in the UD for all kinds of fun shenanigans. You can nullify the Mechanicals at the top of the tower or other mages. They also reveal things in a certain chest in the tower.

Last edited by Blackheifer; 19/08/21 01:41 AM.

Blackheifer
If I remember correctly you need to use the bellows next to the forge to get the fire hot enough smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by EvilVik
If I remember correctly you need to use the bellows next to the forge to get the fire hot enough smile
Yep. You do.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN

Link Copied to Clipboard