Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#759190 24/02/21 03:45 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi,

Game is already better than previous Baldur gate games (same as any Original sin games were superior), please continue on the same path despite the heavy criticism.

Few unhappy <link redacted by mods> forum dwellers here are a very small minority, a tiny one at that.

Can't wait to play the druid and next Act.

Mod edit: the linked video is not constructive and the link removed.

Last edited by Sadurian; 24/02/21 04:41 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Warlord999
Hi,

Game is already better than previous Baldur gate games (same as any Original sin games were superior), please continue on the same path despite the criticism.

Few toxic <link redacted> forum dwellers here are a very small minority, a tiny one at that.

I’m good with your opinion but I don’t understand the need to call those who disagree with your opinion as toxic.

If anything, I think this post is toxic and a passive aggressive jab at people. Just say what you like and dislike about the game and maybe offer reasons why. Don’t need to attack people.

Mod edit: link in quote removed.

Last edited by Sadurian; 24/02/21 05:01 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Yeah, this post is super toxic to be honest, with the veiled intention to make it appear wholesome.

This is not just voicing your opinion again, but taking a jab at people with feedback/criticism at an EA game, that is asking for said feedback.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Hi,

Game is already better than previous Baldur gate games (same as any Original sin games were superior), please continue on the same path despite the criticism.

Few toxic <link redacted> forum dwellers here are a very small minority, a tiny one at that.

I’m good with your opinion but I don’t understand the need to call those who disagree with your opinion as toxic.

If anything, I think this post is toxic and a passive aggressive jab at people. Just say what you like and dislike about the game and maybe offer reasons why. Don’t need to attack people.

There really are toxic fans of old games here, who appear in every thread. I think I've already memorized each of them. But yes, you're right, this post is a bit provocative...

Mod edit: link in quote removed.

Last edited by Sadurian; 24/02/21 04:48 PM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Well, the very rare cases when I come to the forum to read news about the game and actual constructive criticism, threads are always populated with toxic bog of entitlement and bitterness from "hardcore" players (whatever that means).

People are straight attacking devs and threatening with refund.

Just wanted to voice my support for the dev team direction of the game.

veteran
veteran
I do love the game too. I have already 5 playthroughs finished and some, that are still going.

But you an voice your support of the devs and the game without attacking other members. Noone should be afraid in a forum to voice their opinions, whether they are positive or negative. People who don't like the game as it is now have the same rights to say that as people like you, who are liking the game.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by fylimar
I do love the game too. I have already 5 playthroughs finished and some, that are still going.

But you an voice your support of the devs and the game without attacking other members. Noone should be afraid in a forum to voice their opinions, whether they are positive or negative. People who don't like the game as it is now have the same rights to say that as people like you, who are liking the game.

Sorry, didn't mean to attack those who voice any kind of criticism of the game, thats why this is EA.

I meant people who want 1:1 copies of old BG games and are closed to any new mechanic or similarities to Original sin games.

S
addict
addict
S

Sorry, didn't mean to attack those who voice any kind of criticism of the game, thats why this is EA.

I meant people who want 1:1 copies of old BG games and are closed to any new mechanic or similarities to Original sin games.

Cool. Then perhaps you can partake in some of the threads and offer constructive counter arguments. I'm certain Larian would like to hear from the other side.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Just a reminder that, should you see a post as breaking forum rules, you should use the Report button and let the Moderator team decided how to deal with it.

Do not get involved in bad tempered arguments on the forum or you might end up being viewed as part of the problem and dealt with accordingly.

The OP has amended the wording of his original post and I believe now understands not to use such language again. Job done. Nothing to see here.

veteran
veteran
Anyone still here wants a copy of the old games ? Really ? Not sure I read that a lot for monthes.

You should probably read a bit more than titles and stop watching shitty video that are just made to drag subscribers...

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
S
addict
addict
S

What is the direction of the game? What about the mechanics provide a breadth of options and tactical depth? Do you feel that the balance of the game is improved with a swath of items and effects which replace or render obsolete Race, and Class abilities in addition to spells?

Banned
Banned
There's something inherently amusing about that video's thumbnail featuring two Karens, while the people it references are likely not even women.

veteran
veteran
Well that thumbnail immediately says all I need to know about that video lol

veteran
veteran

That's great smile and thanks for changing your first post, it's much better now.

I don't think, that there are a lot of people wanting a 1:1 copy of the first games. Most crtiticsm here is about the fighting system, which is a bit clunky or some mechanics like height advantage, dipping etc.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Well Maximuuus and Scribe already here... yep.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Scribe

What is the direction of the game? What about the mechanics provide a breadth of options and tactical depth? Do you feel that the balance of the game is improved with a swath of items and effects which replace or render obsolete Race, and Class abilities in addition to spells?

I played it once when it came out and it was a lot of fun for EA, that's what matters to me.

Only criticism that I had was to have more dialogue options, more consequences, more fleshed out characters and evil guys with an actual (undestrnable) agenda. I am more into story & roleplaying stuff rather than fighting.

This thread wasn't about concrete mechanics and such, but considering that developers are getting DDOS attacked and hacked by disgruntled players made me say out loud that game is good and they shouldn't lose hope.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Let's not get personal.

veteran
veteran

Haha should say the same^^
Still waiting your answer to my invitation for a constructive discussion about the game ! I hope you just missed it !

Last edited by Maximuuus; 24/02/21 05:12 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
There really are toxic fans of old games here, who appear in every thread. I think I've already memorized each of them.
Oh come now, I don't appear in EVERY thread...

old hand
old hand
I feel like I'm the only person in the past week who made a positive thread about the game WITHOUT taking jabs at people. I deliberately haven't been trying to keep said thread alive myself, because I though the forum would desire a wholly positive thread and naturally do it themselves. But apparently people would rather start shit everywhere else instead.

Guys, it's not hard to simply NOT speak to optimistic people or people even slightly critical of the game like both sides are in some goddamn war, but apparently certain Reddit types sure love to do it while patting themselves on the back for being 'non-toxic'. I'm not entirely sure this thread popping up right after this being posted on the Reddit is a coincidence either. And it is insanely disappointing to see a supposed content creator engaging in that behavior too.

Making something like this thread and faking an implied moral superiority ain't going to work. People are smart enough to see what you're doing with their own two eyes.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 24/02/21 05:42 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard