Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
stranger
stranger
Hi, thanks for the new patch! I'd really love to play it but I can't see it on steam: only 2 and 3 are available to me. I unistalled and reinstalled the game and still there's no patch 4 to be seen. Previously I had no mods installed at all and I really don't know what I'm doing wrong :c

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by muzziquotta
Hi, thanks for the new patch! I'd really love to play it but I can't see it on steam: only 2 and 3 are available to me. I unistalled and reinstalled the game and still there's no patch 4 to be seen. Previously I had no mods installed at all and I really don't know what I'm doing wrong :c

In your Steam settings, in the beta tab make sure the setting is set to "none" and then Patch 4 will come through for you.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Was the DC on the lockpicking for the Chapel door changed? It seems *much* harder to open and the combat log is double reporting failures and reporting a failure immediately after a success. Just wondering if this is a bug in the combat log/lockingpicking system, or an intentional change to make the door harder to pick?

*Edit* For what it's worth I've run it multiple times to check against statistical probability. If I've just been unlucky I've been SERIOUSLY unlucky... :P

Last edited by Elessaria666; 26/02/21 11:56 PM.
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by Elessaria666
Was the DC on the lockpicking for the Chapel door changed? It seems *much* harder to open and the combat log is double reporting failures and reporting a failure immediately after a success. Just wondering if this is a bug in the combat log/lockingpicking system, or an intentional change to make the door harder to pick?

*Edit* For what it's worth I've run it multiple times to check against statistical probability. If I've just been unlucky I've been SERIOUSLY unlucky... :P

I've seen a few reports of this, will forward to the team to investigate.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Jess Larian

In your Steam settings, in the beta tab make sure the setting is set to "none" and then Patch 4 will come through for you.

Oh...
It worked.

Thank you so much!
And sorry for asking the dumbest question in this thread.

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by Jess Larian

Oh...
It worked.

Thank you so much!
And sorry for asking the dumbest question in this thread.

Not a worry at all, glad you got it sorted!

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Has anyone else got the problem the characters lips don't move a lot of the time when they are talking especially in the cut scenes. Its so annoying it has rendered the game unplayable. Looks like we should have kept this one in the oven a bit longer.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Jess where are you? Have I missed something has ventriloquism become one of the new talents all characters in the game have been given? Is anybody out there?

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Well I've been doing my homework and this is a well known bug that has been there since the release for some players. Most of them seem to think it would have been patched out by now but instead Larian decided to patch it in for anyone who was missing out on it. Well done!!!!!!!!

B
stranger
stranger
B
My hotbar is empty, no jump, sneak, no spells and i cant slot any spells nor do the quick commands for sneaking and jumping work, making it impossible to get past the jump after 'Us'. I've unistalled and reinstalled and no change, no mods installed either

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kerro
Has anyone else got the problem the characters lips don't move a lot of the time when they are talking especially in the cut scenes. Its so annoying it has rendered the game unplayable. Looks like we should have kept this one in the oven a bit longer.

Ya that happens off and on, usually lasts a couple frames for a animation sequence.

Originally Posted by BigOunce
My hotbar is empty, no jump, sneak, no spells and i cant slot any spells nor do the quick commands for sneaking and jumping work, making it impossible to get past the jump after 'Us'. I've unistalled and reinstalled and no change, no mods installed either

I've seen several posts about this, all of them seem to be related to a mod. Check your documents if you haven't already.

Last edited by fallenj; 27/02/21 02:39 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Is anyone else failing the majority of their dice rolls now? I am at probably a 75% fail rate (I am loosing more rolls than winning). It's a little frustrating; playing a druid and well, he should be better at Animal Handling or Wisdom rolls, but he's failing them (I reloaded one scene 13 times (Edowin's Tadpole) and lost most of those rolls - ended up letting the little squirmer go; and couldn't read the Owlbear but did manage to back away).

stranger
stranger
I wasn't expecting this but THANK YOU for the massive update to the controller based UI! it's kind of wonderful to be able to pick a hair color, manage my inventory and spellbook and correctly level up! I love what you've done to the place. I had all but given up playing on my tv until this patch as the keyboard and mouse UI was so much more functional.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I really don't understand where Larian are coming from with this game. What we have seen has so much potential and furthering the franchise in the image of some games they have done before is only to the benefit of the game. I personally couldn't go back to the original format as much as I enjoyed it all those years ago. If Larian need funds to finish this game I don't think this was the way to do it. I for one would be happy to contribute (on top of buying the game in the first place) to the ongoing development of the game. Perhaps they could offer all of us early adopters a chance to buy in to this project. I'm not talking about working our names in or anything like that, I could think of nothing worse, this game needs to be free of those things. I would just like to see it get finished. I'm an older person and love a story and larian always tell a good story.

addict
addict
I did not see this improvement in the list from the top post (maybe I looked over it)
Maps found now get copied on the player's map. Well, at least the Harper's cache is marked after you find the map. In earlier versions, it was shown beifly only the turn you found the map, then disappeared. Now you can see it every time you show the map.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Love the update but are we going to get out of the starting Area anytime soon? There is a big world out there and it seems like we have been stuck in the starting area for too long.

stranger
stranger
Love the game BUT over 37 Gigs to have basic stuff broken makes me sad frown

stranger
stranger
Love the update. Giving Zariel tieflings the correct level 3 racial is a nice change. I'm wondering why Azmodeus tieflings still don't have their level 3 racial. Hopefully can receive it before patch #5.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Fixed Warlock and Ranger level up passives selection issue.

Yes but did you fix the Dual Wielder Feat which gives a +1 to AC? I'm not quite to level 4 and I'm curious

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kerro

I don't think it makes the game anything close to unplayable, but, yes, I have seen more than one instance where the character is talking but his lips aren't moving at all.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard