Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
Can anyone tell me if they fixed the Shadowheart cutscene bug? Would really like to see that scene.

Shadowheart's romance scene is back in.

apprentice
apprentice
I have used 10 lock picks on multiple chests and Astarion fails to open any chets at all (this worked previous to patch 4). Please look into the potential lock picking issue.

Thanks!

apprentice
apprentice
Also, if you attack a chest and break it open, the chest doesnt drop any loot. This has happened on multiple locked chests and was not an issue prior to patch 4.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by BadKarma
I have used 10 lock picks on multiple chests and Astarion fails to open any chets at all (this worked previous to patch 4). Please look into the potential lock picking issue.

Thanks!

Thank you! I had the same issue on my first session after Patch 4; closed the game, reloaded, and it was fixed -- although his rate of successful lockpicking is definitely lower than in my previous games.

veteran
veteran
On the other hand, Guidance seem to actualy work incredibly effective ...
So far i locked litteraly every lock at first atempt, when i used it.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
#761022 28/02/21 06:16 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
The notes for Patch 4 contain the statement: "Added Cross Play through direct connect with Mac version"

To me "cross play" means players on multiple platforms can play the same game together, so what does this statement mean? Can my friend on Windows direct connect to my Mac and we can play together? Even if the build numbers are different?: 4.1.85.5707 (PC), 4.1.85.6028 (Mac) 

Thanks.

veteran
veteran
I've made a few critical comments about patch 4 but I also wanted to point out some improvements.

1. Books! The new books are good. We get a primmer on the weave, a treatise on soul coins and some more details on the waar between Gith and the mind flayers. Getting closer to the BG experience where you could get learn Forgotten Realms lore from libraries. (but Larian, make the books a bit longer please)

2. Ground triggers for conversations are near quick travel gates. Gives more frequent banters and the banters make more sense. Astarian is now talking about goblins in the goblin camp and not in the underdark.

3. New dialogues. I liked having a theology battle with Khorga. Ahh, but Silvanus also says . . . Nice job, priests of the same religion should try and settle disagreements by making references to their sacred texts.

* Not new but I like that Astarian now tells you details about his relationship with Cazador even if you've not had sex with him.

* Fixed the Koa Toa dialogues. My toon is now a god of the fish people. They've promised to stop spilling blood and only strangle people which was nice.

4. Shadow druid fight was much improved.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Raindancer not working for me at all. I tried giving it to 2 different characters and never get the spell. It used to work before the patch.

#761104 28/02/21 11:46 PM
Wondering if anyone has gotten mods to work with patch 4?

I'm probably just being impatient and either need to wait for modders to update or just being a total salmon when it comes to modding laugh

old hand
old hand
The Bard mod that I had installed during Patch 3 still works without a hitch, surprisingly enough. Although judging from the chatter on the mod page, it sounds like some people trying to install it during patch 4 were having problems. It's been reported that the Paladin mod still works too. I don't know about the status of the rest of the yet to be implemented class mods, but judging from the lack of chatter about them, they either broke or there isn't anywhere near as much interest for those classes for people to check.

Everything else appears to be a crapshoot from what I hear.

EDIT: https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/lu5kzk/list_of_mods_that_still_work_with_patch_4/

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 01/03/21 01:06 AM.
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
The Bard mod that I had installed during Patch 3 still works without a hitch, surprisingly enough. Although judging from the chatter on the mod page, it sounds like some people trying to install it during patch 4 were having problems. It's been reported that the Paladin mod still works too. I don't know about the status of the rest of the yet to be implemented class mods, but judging from the lack of chatter about them, they either broke or there isn't anywhere near as much interest for those classes for people to check.

Everything else appears to be a crapshoot from what I hear.

EDIT: https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/lu5kzk/list_of_mods_that_still_work_with_patch_4/

Nice thanks for letting me know! smile

I checked the thread out and all looks good havejng trouble with customiser legacy though! D:

S
stranger
stranger
S
Answering my own question. It works!

Direct connect allows MacOS and Windows cross play! Yay!

enthusiast
enthusiast
So, just in general, have you noticed an increase in the difficulty of the fights in Patch 4? Other than using a druid instead of a ranger, I have not changed much, but I'm getting wiped in places where my party used to stroll -- Whispering Depths, Auntie Ethel's lair and the Smart Ogre fights.

I can't even defeat ONE of Auntie's masks with a party of 4 + 3 pets. It's diabolical.

#761158 01/03/21 03:46 AM
stranger
stranger
I’ve noticed two bugs while playing patch 4:

1) in the crypt below the chapel, the book of dead gods is bugged. Any time a character of mine makes a check to open the lock, it resolves the roll but then doesn’t proceed and the character is stuck in limbo.

2) the Druid can’t control moonbeam while wildshaped. There’s no option/ability to move the moonbeam while in wild shape.

Otherwise I’m very much enjoying patch 4, thanks for all of your hard work! smile

addict
addict
Shadow druid fight? - 5th playthrough & im still missing things....I love this game.
Graphics...improving all the time - im only a few hours into the latest patched version - new cutscenes dunno if they are specific to patch 4 or just ones ive still missed from the multitude of branching story lines....

BeeBee #761171 01/03/21 04:55 AM
addict
addict
Smart ogres I haven't noticed much change. Auntie Ethel fight is a tough one anyway but haven't done it in latest patch yet - lord only knows why Sven dragged all the masked NPC's into the end battle with Auntie in his recent youtube clip - that was always gonna end badly....
Wow - that sounds tough - the masked ones scrap can be hard too prior to the patch 4 - i take it you are level 4 party for that fight?

Have you tried the gnolls yet ? thats also a toughie unless you get the pack leader to join you ....

old hand
old hand
I noticed that Halsin and Nettie have much more dialogue and information to share about their tadpole investigations, that was great.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
1. Books! The new books are good. We get a primmer on the weave, a treatise on soul coins and some more details on the waar between Gith and the mind flayers. Getting closer to the BG experience where you could get learn Forgotten Realms lore from libraries. (but Larian, make the books a bit longer please)

2. Ground triggers for conversations are near quick travel gates. Gives more frequent banters and the banters make more sense. Astarian is now talking about goblins in the goblin camp and not in the underdark.

3. New dialogues. I liked having a theology battle with Khorga. Ahh, but Silvanus also says . . . Nice job, priests of the same religion should try and settle disagreements by making references to their sacred texts.

Here's my question...

Why were NONE of these points in the actual patch notes... when they spent note space scrabbling for things to say and talked about fixing goblins peeing three times?

P
addict
addict
P
Has that log in the camp crossing the stream into the ruined cabin always been there?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I am happy that I am getting a lot more banter this playthrough. Astarion's banter is pretty funny.

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I noticed that Halsin and Nettie have much more dialogue and information to share about their tadpole investigations, that was great.
Agree!

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard