#759610 25/02/21 07:06 PM
D
dwig Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
D
Its here guys

Mod edit of title after creating Megathread.

Last edited by Sadurian; 01/03/21 04:00 PM.
#759640 25/02/21 08:07 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
So started new playthrough with a druid, using no mods and the default options.

Tutorial feedback:

• New Video Tutorials are nice but we need more of them.
  • Could the video be scaled bigger?
  • Did not see ones for: ( full list is in Journal - Tutorial )
  • Using alt key. ( found the list of tutorial, this is under tooltips )
  • Save management still needs to be improved
  • Cinematics do look better
  • Still too many explosive barrels, in the first imp fight, one did flamebolt and half that starting area exploded, killing Us.
  • Camera controls and movement still a bit clunky, I do we there was a camera mode to follow the main character and WASD or arrow keys for movement.
  • Pathfinding seems better.
  • So after Us was dead, there was another Cinematics that pooped up where Us told us to go to the helm, seems like that would be a bug.

I'll add more and I test more.

• Lootable barrels do not display with alt key
• Looks like all the videos for tutorials are not done yet.
• Druid at level 2 of the moon do not get a flying wild shape which is correct.
• Once the wildshape window is open, can not dismiss it? So quitting the game is the only way I have figured out how to close that window so far.
• For some reason, Shadowheart did not level when I did. When Astarian joined, he was level 2. (OK, she leveled on the next encounter )
• Got an inspiration point for killing the mindflayer from the crash, hope we have more ways to get them in the game.
• So pathfinding still needs more work, party ran right through an acid puddle.
• Wizard can still learn Cleric spells, since this is patch 4, starting to think Larian sees this as a feature and no a bug.
• Food still heals in combat and since there a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.
• Moving behind someone still gives advantage and since there a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.
• Higher ground still gives advantage for attacker and since there a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.
• If you go to bed and there people who wish to talk to you, you get a pop up asking you if you want to sleep without talking to them.

Chapel area

• Can not cancel an attack or spell. It was that I could hit the escape key to change a melee attack or range attack or if I had a spell selected, I could cancel it to do another action. I am not able to do that in patch 4.
• The maps are still be bad, hope they get improved.
• If Wildshaped, turn back to humanoid automatically for conversations, not sure how I feel about that, I can see why but still seems a bit strange.
• The Chapel is a good level 2 adventure though I did use a long rest after each encounter, just using simple tactics, was not much of an issue with Gale, Shadowheart, Asterian and a Moon Druid.
• Moon Druid is a bit overpowered at 2nd level with that 30 heath bear. Only issue is no range attack so few turns had to use dash to move to next target.

Druid Grove

• Druid Grove gate still bet off the attack but every NPC outside died, oh well.
• So Zelkor will not talk to a Bear. Have to manually dismiss Wildshape.
• Zelkor does not have any dialog about me being a Tiefling or a Druid?
• Arron, the Druid vendor offers a discount to fellow Druids.
• So selling all the junk I picked up until now, I made like 1250 gold.
• Arcane Trickster can not learn spells from scrolls which seems to be correct.
• Dialogs are still not allowing you to switch to your main if you have another person selected when you start one.
• The Guidance bug where party started to dance about when it was cast looks to be fixed.
• Leveling seems to restore you like a long rest?
• Casting Guidance is easier with ability to target portraits
• Saving child from Kagha is easier now? Was just one roll.
• So they fixed the conversation with Nettie, no longer do you have to make several rolls, she just talk through it all with you. They added more details too so it’s much better now.

Last edited by Merry Mayhem; 26/02/21 01:00 AM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
• Wizard can still learn Cleric spells, since this is patch 4, starting to think Larian sees this as a feature and no a bug.
• Food still heals in combat and since there a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.
• Moving behind someone still gives advantage and since there a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.
• Higher ground still gives avantage for attacker and since there a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.

frown

Thanks for the update.

enthusiast
enthusiast
On a positive note, PRAISE THE LORD THE COMBAT LOG NOW DEFAULTS TO MOST RECENT FIRST! laugh

dwig #759693 25/02/21 10:30 PM
ah, thanks, that might explain why Im at 42 MB/s on a 1Gb Internet connection
laugh mad

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a bit, you realize the pig enjoys it.
veteran
veteran
I didn't play a lot but I'm very positive about this patch.
I won't talk about the other issues (highground, backstab, food during combats, scrolls for everyone...), there are many threads about it.

Anyway...

- The user interface is really better and I guess it should tone down the "DoS3 arguments".
- I really enjoy the new character sheet but it still missing informations such as proficiencies.
- Cinematics looks better a new dialogs are cool. I already see many things I didn't saw in my early playtrhough (maybe because I had better rolls ? Idk)
- I'm a bit confuse with the druid spell... Don't remember the name... The spell that create fire you can throw to deal 1D8. It's very strange to have a blue flame that becomes Orange when you throw it. Not sure why it's blue at the beginning.
- The inventory weight seems okay now, but inventory management is really tedious. You should really consider an inventory for the party if you don't intend to really create individual inventories (everyone can pick in everyone's inventory at each time - at the moment i's a party inventory with a tedious weight management).
- The dying mindflayer at the crashsite is still "dying" with 3HP after 3 days
- The "form a line" in the cinematic at the grove is really really inconsistent. There are 3, there is an archer, the warriors just charge after saying "form a line". This is a detail, but this is non sense
- Entangle doesn't seems to work properly. Ennemies that shouldn't move... can move.
- Flame blade (not sur the EN name, the lvl 2 spell that gives you a fire cemetery) require concentration, but the concentration icon doesn't appear above "hide"
- It's really strange that you fall on the beach at night but it's very sunny when you wake up. I think the animations could looks like your character was inconscious but at the moment it really looks like 1sec happen.

That's not very exhaustive but that's what I remember.
This patch looks great even if it doesn't answer any of my main concern.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 25/02/21 11:10 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
enthusiast
enthusiast
On rolls in dialogs I had make all of them until I got to the 2 thieflings guarding Laz'eal. I was worried that somehow I had loaded dice on but then I rolled a 1 when I only needed a 3. smile

Scribe #759717 25/02/21 11:52 PM
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Scribe
• Higher ground still gives avantage for attacker and since there a video tutorial for it, I expect that is here to stay.

frown

Thanks for the update.

Agreed. By including them in the tutorial, it’s Larian’s way of telling everyone that part of combat is not going away. I think at this point all we can offer is a compromise.

Very unfortunate news.

dwig #759735 26/02/21 12:25 AM
P
addict
addict
P
Good God! The patch is almost as big as the entire game lol.

dwig #759740 26/02/21 12:37 AM
63%... averaging 1.8mb/second... Trying to stay patient.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

frown

Thanks for the update.

Agreed. By including them in the tutorial, it’s Larian’s way of telling everyone that part of combat is not going away. I think at this point all we can offer is a compromise.

Very unfortunate news.

I'm not sure about the Wizard/Cleric scroll part, but the rest we can deal with on our own.

Scribe #759753 26/02/21 01:04 AM
L
addict
addict
L
Originally Posted by spectralhunter

frown

Thanks for the update.

Very unfortunate news.

I'm not sure about the Wizard/Cleric scroll part, but the rest we can deal with on our own.

I’m genuinely happy you’re up for this, Scribe… but this is still utterly disappointing for me. I have a group of friends who can only play this on console, and I really want to play co-op with them when it’s eventually released there – hence wanting the game to be as good as it can be without resorting to mods.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon

On Steam? I was at 30mb throughout. Quite surprised actually.

Scribe #759763 26/02/21 01:18 AM
GoG... I'm up to 77% now though, so it won't be much longer.

veteran
veteran
Druid looks nice, I just played through the Nautiloid to the Beach. Lip sync was a little better, though Lae'zel is still zipper lip'd during the flip the switch dialogue. Cinematics looks a little cleaner, still some chop but smoother than before, and the crash looks better at night. Double shadowheart at the door is gone, but she still had the zipper lip for line there.

What changed about the UI? I can't tell any major differences from patch 3.

Hotbar still unlocking automatically after reload, just noticed after first save out. I don't note the cursor delay for the hotbar as much, though its still same bar for everything (no separate spellbar yet) but inventory cursor delay still going on.

Camera control feels basically the same, Z axis still locked.

I have kind of given up on trying to enjoy the ISO cam, and just play it in driving view max zoom-in as much as possible.

Least we have something to play around with now though

[*]So after Us was dead, there was another Cinematics that pooped up where Us told us to go to the helm, seems like that would be a bug.
I'm not sure, but I think that may be the sequence that has always been there. If you kill 'Us' and then go up to the upper level (just before you cut through the membrane and enter to where Shadowheart's pod is), there is a second Intellect Devourer that will approach you and tell you to go to the helm.

Last edited by The_BlauerDragon; 26/02/21 01:40 AM. Reason: Typo
dwig #759777 26/02/21 01:55 AM
addict
addict
Steam says my download will be done in about three days. You're all lucky as Heck you live in an area with good internet!

Scribe #759782 26/02/21 02:07 AM
P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon

On Steam? I was at 30mb throughout. Quite surprised actually.

That is one thing I will give steam, they have phat pipes for downloading. A lot faster than GOG. I will still for the most part stick with GOG for the DRM free, and I just really hate Steam and their censoring and bs nowadays. Not even mentioning their return policy.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
I’m genuinely happy you’re up for this, Scribe… but this is still utterly disappointing for me. I have a group of friends who can only play this on console, and I really want to play co-op with them when it’s eventually released there – hence wanting the game to be as good as it can be without resorting to mods.

I feel you on that, I'm just hoping we dont lose access to any of the code.

veteran
veteran
Well I gave it another hour, and somewhat less impressed with the lip sync now lol. I'm certain its been cleaned up a bit, but so far Shadowheart, Lae'zel and Astarion all delivered a line without moving their lips in each of their intro dialogs. Aradin as well during the Gate interlude. These are more notable, because they happen so early on and its material we've played through several times.

I didn't notice anything new in the Nautiloid content, where are those video tutorials?

At Char creation the second male voice set seems like it might have gotten a bit of a rework? No complaints.

Not sure how it will work with future patch ins, since they're supposed to be smaller/more frequent right? but it would be nice for the clean up if they really weighted it towards the earlier content. Like everything on the Nautiloid, then the Beach, then the Grove at least, cause I feel like that should be totally dialed by now with lips. But I will keep an eye out. The movement and UI controls feel largely the same to me, I'm curious what changed with the interface?

Last edited by Black_Elk; 26/02/21 02:44 AM.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard