Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
... which I am certainly hoping is NOT "working as intended" as it breaks lore, immersion and balance..... among many other things that do -_-

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
And every class can still cast from scrolls. Bet you both those changes are permanent.

S
addict
addict
S
Please fix. I'll look into if we can limit items after work...

I'm sure it'll get sorted out.
There's been talk about it on almost every Subforum here with extreme disdain, be patient, they'll take notice eventually.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by RBarbare
And every class can still cast from scrolls. Bet you both those changes are permanent.

Yeah, was gonna make a thread about that too, but maybe there are threads about these things already. For some reason, I am more OK with everyone being able to use scrolls though... but wizards learning and casting cleric spells at will is just insane and ... frankly humiliating.

Originally Posted by andreasrylander
For some reason, I am more OK with everyone being able to use scrolls though...

You could bring me on board with this if there was a DC check and certain classes had a ridiculously high chance of failing and destroying the scroll in the process. Like, sure... The fighter could TRY to use the scroll, but his chances of success will be dismal.

Originally Posted by andreasrylander
but wizards learning and casting cleric spells at will is just insane and ... frankly humiliating.

Yeah, I have to believe that this is just a bug. It has to be. There's no way that was intentional. It would be so incredibly asinine that it just wouldn't be explainable any other way. You couldn't convince me that someone who made the decision to make it possible for wizards to learn and cast cleric spells intentionally has the mental capacity to tie their own shoes, let alone be a part of a project of this size and scope.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by S2PHANE
I'm sure it'll get sorted out.
There's been talk about it on almost every Subforum here with extreme disdain, be patient, they'll take notice eventually.
So have several things they don't seem to be addressing.

Is this allowed by d&d rule?

My personal thought, base on limited experience with d&d (video game only, not table top), should not be able to learn, but able to use scroll.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by RBarbare

Yup. Larian isn’t going to change.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by jsiu.dev
Is this allowed by d&d rule?

My personal thought, base on limited experience with d&d (video game only, not table top), should not be able to learn, but able to use scroll.

No, its wrong.

S
addict
addict
S
Good news, my ticket was already processed, this is a known issue and is to be fixed!

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Scribe
Good news, my ticket was already processed, this is a known issue and is to be fixed!

What? Really? Oh lord I hope so!!!

L
addict
addict
L
Sounds promising! This feels like something that could be resolved in a hotfix

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LukasPrism
Sounds promising! This feels like something that could be resolved in a hotfix
I wouldn't hold your breath; hotfixes tend to be directed at stabilising a current build rather than adding to it. But in any event they are doing a new patch roughly every month.

Last edited by Elessaria666; 27/02/21 10:31 AM.
L
addict
addict
L
It’s a bug though, not a feature that needs adding. I’m sure their spells must be tagged by class already, should be a simple fix

stranger
stranger
Yeah I notice that too with my wizard, learn ALL the spells. I am sure it is just a temp thing. Get the basic system for learning spells etc in the game then later on go through and select what/who can learn what spells/class. I admit i am not up to snuff with the 5e rules (I know all the other editions) BUT to cast a from a scroll that if not on your spell list/class etc one needed Use Magic Device skill to cast from a scroll (aka rogues casting from spells) but I do not know if that skill is in the 5e TT or it was changed to using the skill for said scroll (Arcane, Religion, Nature, Occult etc).

Link Copied to Clipboard