Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I was thinking more in terms of Manimal Romance Literature --- you know, werebears, werewolves, etc. --- than actually suggesting that hitting on Scratch would be cool. Scratch is Good Boi, a cute dog, a morality compass and dependent on you for affection. And a dog. It's like romancing Minsc or Boo, just no, please.

But, I'll level with you -- I just want one of my MCs to jump Halsin at some point and his whole "in bear form I can bearly control myself" schtick is kind of intriguing. And, we are getting a werewolf Origin at some point in the future, so that's just another layer.

Besides, everyone in this thread knows that BG3 is heading for an illithid romance / tentacle shunga moment; I was not joking with the whole Omeluum / Blurg established couple vibes, and if you or your romanced companion transform at one point, and the relationship is high enough, and you have Omeluum's ring... well, who says that you can't live happily ever after as a cephalopodic couple?

Originally Posted by tsundokugames
^ why romance of any kind in a video game is cringe.

Luckily for you, romances are entirely optional both in the game and in this forum hehe

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
(... raise your hands if you have been following the Addison Cain debacle....)

Last edited by BeeBee; 27/02/21 12:08 AM. Reason: typo
Banned
Banned
you and yours are rather awful people.

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

You mean "awoooooooooooful" people.

Banned
Banned
No, I don't.

old hand
old hand
Hmm... yeah. Bear daddy Halsin... I would probably give him a chance, for sure. <3

apprentice
apprentice
No no no no nonono NO!

No other game has rewarded my low impulse control with so many glorious unintended consequences.
P
addict
addict
P
And they say good literature is dead...*sarcasm off.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by BeeBee
I was not joking with the whole Omeluum / Blurg established couple vibes,

You know, I do have to agree with you there. I get that vibe too.

In another game I played, we had a rogue Ilithid, with every desire to be free and no desire to return to an elder brain, who ultimately joined the party. We had to work on his needs and eventually wrangled a situation where he could feed on the brain activity and emotive-chemical reactions of a volunteer without physically having to consume the brain meat or kill the person. It was a fairly intense session usually, since it needed to bring those responses out as potently as possible, and it wasn't ideal, and it left the volunteer (usually my alchemist character) loopy for a day or two afterwards whenever he needed it, but it was a solution. So, I'm a sucker for a sub plot that deals with rogue Illithids trying to find other ways to live that don't necessitate the deaths of sentient creatures. I hope they can find a way together ^.^

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Niara

In another game I played, we had a rogue Ilithid, with every desire to be free and no desire to return to an elder brain, who ultimately joined the party. We had to work on his needs and eventually wrangled a situation where he could feed on the brain activity and emotive-chemical reactions of a volunteer without physically having to consume the brain meat or kill the person. It was a fairly intense session usually, since it needed to bring those responses out as potently as possible, and it wasn't ideal, and it left the volunteer (usually my alchemist character) loopy for a day or two afterwards whenever he needed it, but it was a solution. So, I'm a sucker for a sub plot that deals with rogue Illithids trying to find other ways to live that don't necessitate the deaths of sentient creatures. I hope they can find a way together ^.^

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

I can definitely see a Druid who spends most of their time in animal form living as the wild animals do, forming all kinds of relationships with animals both romantic and platonic, considering they can commune on an intelligent level. Like Solas from DAI, who spent a lot of time communing with spirits, something considered taboo in that universe. He formed friendships, and its even suggested romantic relationships as well with spirits.

But things like this won't be allowed in games for the player anyway, because most people can't separate real life from fiction, and would accuse Larian of promoting beastiality or something equally as stupid and it would hurt the game.

Last edited by cool-dude01; 27/02/21 03:34 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Niara

I'm glad to see, that I'm not the only one, who gets old couple vibes from Omeluum and Blurg.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
Oh yes, they definitely have couple vibes. I'm surprised we didn't have an option for the two to come to our camp to help as well as to help them stay away from the elder brain.

Also Halsin and the possible Werewolf companion make more sense as romances, and while to many it could be weird, overall I'd think it'd definitely ok for a "furry" romance and for the werewolf likely a "I love you as a monster and a human" trope.

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from img.ifunny.co]

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 27/02/21 09:57 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
old hand
(... raise your hands if you have been following the Addison Cain debacle....)

I am actually speechless to this...

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
All: I'm choosing to interpret this as affectionate humour, but please be careful to avoid straying into insults.

On a wider point; do not let this become a thread devoted to (or attacking) any particular kink or fetish. There are plenty of those elsewhere on the internet and this is not the place for such discussions.

P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

Seeing new people react to learning about the omegaverse lawsuit always fills me with a sense of morbid glee.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Piff
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

Seeing new people react to learning about the omegaverse lawsuit always fills me with a sense of morbid glee.

I can understand the existence of omegaverse, the misconceptions of wolves have essentially become a trope in culture, and even more so in NSFW works. But it reaching courts is just baffling...

On a tangential thing, I really really hope that Minsc is not romance able, and if/when you play as him he can't really romance people. Something about giving him a romance sounds wrong to me. Also SwA should do nothing with Boo, he just makes the same cute noises and we are left wondering.

Err, 2 points here:

(1) It is actually surprising that no one has yet demanded the existence of some catlike race. Similar to the Kilrathi or Mrrshan in settings like Wing Commander or Master of Orion.
(2) However, this thread seems to be about something... else. I'm sure there will be mods about this, Larian doesn't need to go there.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arne
Err, 2 points here:

(1) It is actually surprising that no one has yet demanded the existence of some catlike race. Similar to the Kilrathi or Mrrshan in settings like Wing Commander or Master of Orion.
(2) However, this thread seems to be about something... else. I'm sure there will be mods about this, Larian doesn't need to go there.

Actually, I would like to see the Tabaxi implemented as I believe they are native to Faerun or a continent somewhat close to the setting?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard