Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#760215 26/02/21 09:17 PM
Figulus Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi , anyone heard when Paladin is playable? (without mod)

Cheers.

S
addict
addict
S
Nope.

The most common theory as to why paladin isn’t available is Larian is still trying to figure out reactions.

I haven’t used or seen the mod. How is smite handled? Do you just cast it with your attack like a spell?

Sort of. I would say that it more closely resembles the way that backstab on the rogues and menacing/push attack on the battlemasters is currently implimented.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon
Sort of. I would say that it more closely resembles the way that backstab on the rogues and menacing/push attack on the battlemasters is currently implimented.

What happens if you miss?

You miss, you miss. Nothing happens, but... if I recall correctly... the charge for smite is still used. I might be mistaken on that. I had a Vampire Spawn Minotaur Paladin running as one of the two custom support characters to my main (which was a Werewolf Sorcerer Gnoll). The other Support Character was A Goblin Bard that had been a Goat for 10 years.

I only lay all of this down to give you an idea of how easily I could have lost track of some of the finer details.

Last edited by The_BlauerDragon; 26/02/21 09:51 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by The_BlauerDragon
You miss, you miss. Nothing happens, but... if I recall correctly... the charge for smite is still used. I might be mistaken on that. I had a Vampire Spawn Minotaur Paladin running as one of the two custom support characters to my main (which was a Werewolf Sorcerer Gnoll). The other Support Character was A Goblin Bard that had been a Goat for 10 years.

I only lay all of this down to give you an idea of how easily I could have lost track of some of the finer details.

"Starting at 2nd Level, when you hit a creature with a melee weapon Attack, you can expend one spell slot to deal radiant damage to the target, in addition to the weapon's damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each Spell Level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8. The damage increases by 1d8 if the target is an Undead or a fiend."

The charge is not used up unless you use it, rather you can only use a charge if you hit.

old hand
old hand
Are you quoting the mod or the PHB, CJMP?

Optimistically Apocalyptic

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard