Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JoB Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
I like the character in terms of his personality and story. I find him interesting.

But what's with the Blade of Frontiers stuff? I was expecting something ... different. He's built as a warlock. It's more like Eldritch Blast of the Frontiers, right? I don't know. Something about it just doesn't jibe, in my opinion.

I mean, I get that he basically made a pact so that he could be a hero, but when push comes to shove, don't people expect him to actually use a blade? Why would everyone keep calling him Blade of the Frontiers when he's not at all exceptional with a blade?

veteran
veteran
There's the ongoing assumption that he's supposed to be a Hexblade but the subclass is just not implemented yet.

No one at Larian ever confirmed it, though.

Last edited by Tuco; 28/02/21 09:15 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
JoB Offline OP
Banned
OP Offline
Banned
Originally Posted by Tuco
There's the ongoing assumption that he's supposed to be a Hexblade but the subclass is just not implemented yet.

No one at Larian every confirmed it, though.
That would make a lot more sense. I'm excited to see this game in its final form.

D
addict
addict
D
This bugs me too.

Hexblade would certainly fix this problem, but they could also solve it with a better stat distribution. As it is Wyll needs to be far, far away from the action to be effective.

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Every time I take him on - I look at his stats and thinsk "*blade* of the frontier my $#@!!!" I wasn't able to select anything other than pact of the chain when I tried to manually level him? So I left him in camp. Again. He just seems ... meh. I played as warlock on one run through and felt that character was more fun.

addict
addict
Pact of the Blade isn't available yet, so he cannot yet be built as a bladelock.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard