Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
S
So in previous game play-throughs, if you loitered a bit at the entrance to the cavern area where the Owlbear and her cub are, you get a cutscene interaction with the mother Owlbear - or you used to. You could either talk to her or use Animal Handling to calm things down a bit.

Now that I'm there with a Druid, it doesn't matter if I'm wild-shaped or not, nothing happens. She just stands there. If you approach, combat kicks off when you get too close. I haven't tried an earlier class yet to know if this happens for all classes, but right now it seems like the trigger for that encounter isn't there anymore. frown

Anyone else had this?

Regards,

Puzzled Elven Druid

enthusiast
enthusiast
You can't initiate dialogue in any way.
Tried both with a shifted Druid and with a character with a Potion of Animal Speaking.

If you right click on the Owl Bear the only option is Attack (or Examine)
The Owl Bear comes up as an invalid target for the Animal Friendship Spell even though it has an intelligence less than 4 (Not sure if it's considered an animal for the spell)

No dialogue initiates when you get close to the Owl Bear.
In this version of the Patch your only option is to attack (or avoid the encounter all together)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Also after killing the Owl Bear parent my Wild Shaped Druid (Bear) could not initiate dialogue with the Owl Bear Cub.

The "You are unable to speak" floaty text appeared next to my character.

Had to transform back into Half Elf to be able to interact with the Owl Bear Cub.

stranger
stranger
When I do the Owl Bear I get the option to use my Animal skill, Roar at it, attack it or leave the encounter. Mind you this is only with my Elf Wizard and have not tried with the Druid class yet not the friendship spell.

Link Copied to Clipboard