Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
For the screens that display while the game is loading, the slide show rotation is currently very tight right such that we're seeing the same images repeat over and over. Mainly the banner illustration above or close up details of the solo char illustrations it was composited from plus a few monsters. But short of more paintings or 2d concept art to tease us with, how about just showing off the in game environments or models in stills?

For monsters or equipment that would be a fun preview and something to look at while we wait.

I like the idea of using it mainly for Lore, but another idea would be to use it to communicate more mechanical in-game stuff like spells, feats, or other tutorial type screens with a still visual.

Since we have to wait and watch it anyway while the game loads, that I think would be a more effective way to instruct the player about tips and tricks than just the text. Any number of ways to use it really, but I'd love to see this get mixed up a bit. Much as I like the banner painting, just seeing some vista like screens or stills of char or equipment models would be cool.

veteran
veteran
Im quite sure that loading screens are placeholder only ...
We have seen few others, and those images were beautifull, yet a bit spoilery.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard