Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S2PHANE #761020 28/02/21 06:16 PM
veteran
veteran
I would love to have nonorigin companions added. I would want them still to have banter, companion quests, and camp scenes as with origin companions. Making them nonorigin would hopefully reduce some of the cost so more companions could be added.

dwig #761027 28/02/21 06:34 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dwig
Originally Posted by fylimar
Besides, I doubt that Helia will be wet-dreams material - according to the datamined character model, she is an elderly lady. I'm hoping for a Wynne like character - the voice of reason in the camp.

Just wait till Astarion begins to comment on her bosom.

Ok, good point. At least Zevran and Wynne are still a better lovestory than Twilight.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
fylimar #761037 28/02/21 07:29 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by fylimar
Besides, I doubt that Helia will be wet-dreams material - according to the datamined character model, she is an elderly lady. I'm hoping for a Wynne like character - the voice of reason in the camp.

So was mr Burly Bear Bae until... you know...

Optimistically Apocalyptic
S2PHANE #761359 01/03/21 04:20 PM
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Im with ya. I actually hate most of the companions, sobits making it hard to keep interested. I actually like gale, and wyll. Shadowheart is poorly written. Her character is all over the place. Couple that with her constant negativity...yeah i want to (and have) push(ed) her off a cliff. Laizel is just so bitchy and one dimensional. Asterion i hate with eveey fiber of my being. I enjoy killing him. Gale's story is interesting to me. Was unexpected but neat. Wyll makes me think of ghost rider. Makes a pact with the devil to save people. I like it.

Someone comented about needing a front line character.. i agree. However shadoheart can do a good job if you use her as a dex tank and use inflict wounds as her main damage. Hits like a truck far more reliablely then her str based weapons that she doesn't have the str for.

S2PHANE #762914 06/03/21 09:14 AM
C
C
Yeah how about any companions I actually want in my party. If this is the emo lot, just let me make my own and not use your stilted edgy ones

CamKitty #762949 06/03/21 01:52 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by CamKitty
Yeah how about any companions I actually want in my party. If this is the emo lot, just let me make my own and not use your stilted edgy ones

I couldn't of said it better lol. Its the 12 to 21 lot. Hopefully the rest of the <couple> companions left will be 30+ in age IQ.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 06/03/21 01:58 PM.
S2PHANE #762975 06/03/21 03:13 PM
JoB Offline
Banned
Banned
Something I can't help but notice, all the female companions are stronger than the male companions. And all the male companions are smarter than the female companions.

The males seem to do better at range while the females make better tanks. Shadowheart and Lae'zel are the only two companions with better than light armor proficiency, for instance.

The potential new companion, Karlach, looks like she may also be more of a front line combatant.

S2PHANE #762976 06/03/21 03:14 PM
old hand
old hand
Minsc.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
JoB #762997 06/03/21 04:15 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by JoB
Something I can't help but notice, all the female companions are stronger than the male companions. And all the male companions are smarter than the female companions.

The males seem to do better at range while the females make better tanks. Shadowheart and Lae'zel are the only two companions with better than light armor proficiency, for instance.

The potential new companion, Karlach, looks like she may also be more of a front line combatant.

And if the Werewolf companion is actually a Bard, likely she won't be as front line as Werewolf would suggest?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard