Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
What I would like for the future, monthly small dungeons where you can explore, but I like to pay for new maps more often, maybe you can plan in advance in this regard, some kind of season pass and that's in the pass just new maps, new dungeons, new quest series, new adventures that you can explore with your companions, pure DLC that just never come out enough and take too long, what I mean by that, just don't let the game break the system is just so good . but as I said, future music

but I would wish that

Last edited by Wolfenring; 28/02/21 07:20 AM.
veteran
veteran
Larian so far hasn't done DLC or expansions (Sir Lora would be an exception, but it is very small content, and was free to existing owners). They did like to release "definite edition" with enhanced base content and added stuff. We will see what they will do for BG3.

As long as content is good, I welcome post release content. What OP describes though, sounds for me rather awful. Those kind of small addons usually end up not being worth paying for, nor playing.

old hand
old hand
If I am completely honest, unless it is free content, I uh don't really like the idea of this. If we must have DLC, I want it to be full on Expansions and for them to be planned and created afterwards, taking advantage of other locations like Brass or expanding on lore that was left vague before. Not a season pass deal or a monthly thing. But thats just me

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Wolfenring
What I would like for the future, monthly small dungeons where you can explore, but I like to pay for new maps more often, maybe you can plan in advance in this regard, some kind of season pass and that's in the pass just new maps, new dungeons, new quest series, new adventures that you can explore with your companions, pure DLC that just never come out enough and take too long, what I mean by that, just don't let the game break the system is just so good . but as I said, future music

but I would wish that

Honestly, I don't think dungeons and new maps is going to be a problem. From what I read, this will be like DOS2 where they have a gamemaster mode, where you can make your own dungeons/maps and share them with community, which would be freaking awesome. I mean the whole reason Skyrim has lasted so long, and is as popular as it is, is mainly because of the creation kit. I still want to see active expansions, but I also wouldn't mind a small cash shop for maybe fashion items. The only thing SWTOR does pretty well, is their shop for accessories. It is something you don't need, but want to look cool. Like armor skins, lightsabers, blasters etc.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
I still want to see active expansions, but I also wouldn't mind a small cash shop for maybe fashion items. The only thing SWTOR does pretty well, is their shop for accessories. It is something you don't need, but want to look cool. Like armor skins, lightsabers, blasters etc.
And people actively asking for selling them content they should expect to be there by default. I have to congratulate EA on breaking people to the point that they ask to be exploited.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Wormerine
I still want to see active expansions, but I also wouldn't mind a small cash shop for maybe fashion items. The only thing SWTOR does pretty well, is their shop for accessories. It is something you don't need, but want to look cool. Like armor skins, lightsabers, blasters etc.
And people actively asking for selling them content they should expect to be there by default. I have to congratulate EA on breaking people to the point that they ask to be exploited.

Offering a small shop to offer non essential fashion items is not "exploiting" players. Also, please do not assume that a person has been "broken" to the point of being exploited. There is nothing wrong with a company that responsibly offers small shop items. Now if they are doing loot boxes, or PTW gear, that is another story. Your statement, is like going to a Baseball game, and then complaining that the hotdogs and t-shirts aren't included. In short, please limit your snarky, holier than thou assumptions about a players character or ability to make responsible decisions in regards to what they may, or may not want to have offered to them.

Last edited by Pandemonica; 28/02/21 06:22 PM.
veteran
veteran
Offering a small shop to offer non essential fashion items is not "exploiting" players. Also, please do not assume that a person has been "broken" to the point of being exploited.
The issue I have that system like that demands exploitation to work - same as XP boosts etc. If they are truly "optional" than developers did their job poorly - for such additions to have a point you need to sell things customers want and that you ommited from base game. Unlike a proper DLC or expansion cosmetics just offer bad value.

I wouldn't agree with your comparison to a Baseball game. Divinity2 still came with Divine Ascention pack that gave you extra tat non-related to game itself. And arguably in game about roleplaying and creating a character, a choice of clothing is fairly important. The fact it's cosmetic, doesn't necessary diminish it's importance.

I am genuily shocked that people request stuff like that. Not having to deal with microtransaction crap has been so fresh and liberating. You buy the game. You get the game. No additional in-game advertisements, no pestering with "premium" content. Just pure fun with no strings attatched.

Last edited by Wormerine; 28/02/21 08:57 PM.
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
I already payed for a game in development thus I prefer that they gave a full game, at most some big dlc. I never got along with this policy of selling a game that needs dlc to gave the full experience.

P
addict
addict
P
Originally Posted by Bufotenina
I already payed for a game in development thus I prefer that they gave a full game, at most some big dlc. I never got along with this policy of selling a game that needs dlc to gave the full experience.

I think it greatly depends on the developer and the content provided. For instance, no one could say that you didn't get a full game with Witcher 3, then when the provided the Blood and Wine expansion, it was huge but it wasn't part of the release. It was an expanded story. I don't see anything wrong with a company like that, that provides a full game, then adds a nice expansion, which basically you can see as another book in a series.

Link Copied to Clipboard