Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
or find a sling? Ok, the cantrip own by Druids is like a sling, but I want to equipe one since Druids ca not use bows or crossbows and also I hate not to be able to equip both melee and ranged weapons.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Haven't seen any slings in the game yet, hope they put some in later

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Only the light crossbow and shortbow are availible atm I think? Druids don't have proficiency, which means you won't get any bonuses (it's a simple 1d20 to hit). It's not idea, but it's not useless. You can equip both weapons, if you check your character via N (be default) you can see you have 2 slots. Bottom left of the skillbar ingame has a swap button too.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Roll up a Wood Elf for Longbow/Shortbow proficiency. There aren't any player obtainable slings or javelins, though NPCs do have javelins.

B
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
B
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
Only the light crossbow and shortbow are availible atm I think? Druids don't have proficiency, which means you won't get any bonuses (it's a simple 1d20 to hit). It's not idea, but it's not useless. You can equip both weapons, if you check your character via N (be default) you can see you have 2 slots. Bottom left of the skillbar ingame has a swap button too.

I tried to equip a light crossbow but the game doesn't allow it because the lack of profiency. Not so much of a problem, at the moment, because I'm making plenty of the animal forms in combat and almost all my party have long range spells or cantrips (I made Astarion an eldricht caster).

Ouff, @handzum, I get your point but when I create my toons I'm the kind of player that goes by tne inspiration of the moment (that is: now I'm playing a very narcisistic half high elf with guild artisan backgrouns that I choose because it gives profiency in insight and persuasion something coherent with narcisistic personalities that usually are skilled manipulators). *^_^*

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Slings are in the design files, but not on any merchant/loot lists, so they never show up. If you are on a PC, you can use this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/58

It will open up slings, along with a lot of other weapons and armor.

I have tested it in patch 4 and works, but only because it is a bunch of loose files, not compiled in PAK format. Patch 4 completely fubarred PAK-formatted mods - not only do they not work, but they also mess up your hotbars.

Fun note: That mod also tweaks the character starting gear, but since it was designed before the druid came out, a druid starts with nothing - no inventory, no clothes, nothing. Fortunately, it is fairly easy to find armor and the nautiloid is littered with weapons. And hey, who needs weapons or clothes when you have Wild Shape?

Link Copied to Clipboard