Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
During the Investigate the Beach quest - where you fight harpies and the child tiefling is lured by their song during the fight - one of the harpies fled to the very top of the cliff, and then continued to flee as my party ran near. Her song ended up luring one of the druids performing the ritual which caused them to become hostile... towards me! The druid completely ignored the harpy and proceeded to wail on me. I tried to run but ended up killing the druid. After speaking to the child to progress the quest and making my way back up the cliff to town, it turns out the aggro druid caused the other druids to get angry and they started slaying the tiefling refugees. By the time I had reached the grove, half of the population was already dead, including all the major quest NPCs (Khaga, Zorru, Zavlor, etc).

Furthermore, after slaying the rest of the druids (my character is a tiefling, gotta defend my people) I still had the objective for the entranced child marked on my map. Went to the children hideout to find them all alive with the bard tiefling looking after them. But trying to talk to Mol or the entranced one gives no progression on the quest. They just give their one liner and dialogue ends as if they're some random NPCs now.

I'm not sure if these 2 bugs are related but I put them here together since this was how it occured for me. I would have reloaded my save and fought the harpies again, but at the time I didn't realize what exactly happened - I had thought that enough time elapsed without me convincing the tieflings to leave so Khaga went nuts and attacked. Only when reading through the forums here and someone mentioning that them attacking one of the druids performing the ritual caused the druids to attack the tieflings, did I realize it may be a bug. So I have progressed a good length past this portion and don't want to play all that again until official release.

On the plus side, I got a bunch of awesome free loot from the dead NPCs. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited by TenMoogles; 28/02/21 10:44 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
when the dialog ends try pressing the space bar to see if the dialog will continue.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
There is no other dialogue. It's not stuck or anything.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by TenMoogles
During the Investigate the Beach quest - where you fight harpies and the child tiefling is lured by their song during the fight - one of the harpies fled to the very top of the cliff, and then continued to flee as my party ran near. Her song ended up luring one of the druids performing the ritual which caused them to become hostile... towards me! The druid completely ignored the harpy and proceeded to wail on me. I tried to run but ended up killing the druid. After speaking to the child to progress the quest and making my way back up the cliff to town, it turns out the aggro druid caused the other druids to get angry and they started slaying the tiefling refugees. By the time I had reached the grove, half of the population was already dead, including all the major quest NPCs (Khaga, Zorru, Zavlor, etc).

On the plus side, I got a bunch of awesome free loot from the dead NPCs. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Wow, that's one he** of a bug. A fun trainwreck once, but not if it keeps happening.

My own personal issue with that quest is the kid gives me the password at the end, but then, if you ever talk to him again, he says he hates you and breaks off the conversation.

Last edited by RBarbare; 01/03/21 10:02 PM.
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I reloaded the save on the beach just to be sure and can confirm it was the harpies song that made the druid aggro. I wouldn't necessarily call it a bug, as every interaction worked as it should have (except maybe the druid attacking me instead of the harpy). I just think there should be a limit to how far a harpy can fly away. Or at least make the druid fight the harpy and not me, then go back to the ritual once the harpies are dead.

While it's a comical interaction there's nothing you can do to stop the slaying of multiple quest NPCs because of it, and I think that's the issue. Different then choosing a side (or not) and initiating the slaying yourself.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Hmmm, I raised a harpy from the dead and brought it to the goblin camp. Luring song didn't make any goblins attack each other. I wonder if it's just that any combat at all will set the druids off.

But speaking of bugs, it turns out, Mirkon is just faking being dead smile
[video:youtube]
[/video]

Link Copied to Clipboard