Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Ok so I was looking at the druid trailer and seeing how you can turn into the intellect devoured and I'm reminded of old God warlock and how it's not as good as fiend warlock especially since your lvl1 perk inside traditional dnd5e "AWAKENED MIND" is something everyone with a tadpole can do currently. Now, all that makes you different is some spells while fiend also gets some unique to it AND an added effect. They might even take stuff like thralls and give it as a tadpole power. Now say what you will about the game but I love the changes to the ranger class in this game (never wanted to try ranger till this game) so I trust they could change the old god to make it feel like it's not a gutted fiend warlock with a few different spells, but how? I also am aware that we may not get all the pact stuff since this game is capping at around 10 and that the tadpole powers definitely will limit what you can give an old god warlock as compensation but I had a few ideas.

1. Pretty simple at lvl1 the bonus you get for old god is that your eldritch blast does psychic damage instead of force, is it op broken or trash? not sure but it definitely makes you feel different.
2. if you take the familiar pact boon you could get a baby intellect devourer (like baby spider compared to big spider) instead of an imp (honestly having an imp as an old god warlock is kinda confusing and I couldn't think of any other minor Cthulu themed familiars but I think it fits the theme better than a literal fiend)
3. if not LVL 6 maybe lvl1 or whatnot but maybe have it where you can do mind talking in dialogue like when you use the tadpole power but without the huge success chance? like you try to trick the goblins to let you pass but without the nearly 100 percent guarantee? just a thought.

I am curious what everyone else thinks about the old god warlock and how to make it work in video game form.

I'm a skeleton in flesh armor
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
*grabs the mic*

Gazer familiar

Link Copied to Clipboard