Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
So is Larian going to open up level 5 in EA so we can actually test level 3 spells? It's pretty obvious that right now you should be able to reach level 5 easily enough in Act 1 as you can hit level 4 before going into the goblin camp, dealing with the hag, finalizing the issues with the druids, and finally entering into the underdark.

It seems silly that one of the easiest content tests to do would be to open up level 5 so we can try out level 3 spells especially since it's been talked about that spells is going to be one of the more difficult aspects to test with the game.

old hand
old hand
I wouldn't expect it until all of the classes are implemented first, to be honest.

Even then, they really should open it up for EA testing at some point before official release, lest we end up with a similar situation in BG3 to Necrofire conveniently being everywhere in DOS2 as soon as you step into Reaper's Coast and the armor system's problems starting to show up at around the same time.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 02/03/21 05:08 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I speculate the level 3 spells are, at best, not 'ready for prime time'. Or even rehearsals. It also adds another layer of work; right now they can focus on dialogues, systems, new classes 'slotting in' properly, ect. Once that's stable and sorted, maybe we'll see another level (and all the abilities that need to be tested!) but I actually don't want a level 5 cap right now. Much prefer they iterate and bugfix what's already here.

Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
I wouldn't expect it until all of the classes are implemented first, to be honest.
Thats a lot of playtime without level 3 spells.

N
N
+1 id even say that testing multi-classing would be beneficial too during the ea stage, but not sure what larians timeline for testing is based off of their recent communication. testing lvl 5 and multi-classing would open up a lot of content for a number of months.

+1 i also agree with saito's points related to bg3 ea's avoiding a repeat of what dos2 went thru

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
It might just be me misremember my previous playthroughs, but I feel like in Patch 4 I saw more 5th level + mechanics "implemented" in enemy NPCs. Might be a sign they are slowly making their ways towards it.

For example, in a fight against a particular zealous group who asks you to help hunt a lone escapee, I noticed that their leader used Extra Attack on me.

We've seen multi-attacks on monsters, but it's the first time I remember seeing a character with player classes use that on me. It might just be me previously not experiencing that before, but thought I'd share to see if anyone else noticed.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard