Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have been playing the Druid and loving it! Unfortunately, today I used spike growth on a group of enemies and then when the battle was over I realize that I had blocked my own path too. I tried casting fire and a few spells on the growth hoping to remove it and not take damage, but I had no luck. Does anyone know things you can do to clear spike grown out of your path?

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
No sorry, the reason it happens is that Spike Growth is a concentration spell and Larian forgot to put in a way for you to stop concentrating (well you could get a companion to hit you with an attack), although it should disappear in 10 minutes

Flaming Sphere has the same problem, with even worse results as it comes hurrying back to the party after combat wink

veteran
veteran
This is a safety tool.

I am sure the inventor of the spell said this:
I have invented a new spell: flame shere
It is absolutely safe. When you cast the spell and you do not move it, it will come back to you and hit you until you fail concentration or you are dead.
This makes sure it does not run away and burns down the next village.

Same for spike groth. Just walk through it until it breaks your concentration or knocks you out.

Larian, please give us a button to stop concentration.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thank you for letting me know. I will just try and take some damage. Do you know if someone shoves you if it breaks concentration?

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Originally Posted by FireyWarAxe
Thank you for letting me know. I will just try and take some damage. Do you know if someone shoves you if it breaks concentration?

Have someone with a staff use the "Topple" action to knock you prone. Prone ends concentration.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
An easy method is to just cast a cantrip that requires concentration, like guidance, which will in turn cancel the prior spell and not cost you a spell slot.

enthusiast
enthusiast
As a Drow Druid i use Dancing Lights Cantrip or what are they called to move concentration from one spell to another if i need to.

UPDATE: Dancing Lights didnt worked, Spike Groth still standing besides beeing there for eternity on one area and having died as Druid several times since having cast it on that area.
No Idea atm to make it go away. It perfectly area controls a small area wher its almost impossible to get by without getting damage. Darn it!!!

Last edited by TheHero; 06/03/21 11:08 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard