Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
In BG3 if you enter a dialogue and your character is in wild shape, then you're left out. This is frustrating if you want to participate in the dialogue.

You can plop out and in of wild shape when talking to party members, and not other NPCs. That's a little and I like that.

But in a important story dialogue you really want to be part of it.
In actual D&D the DM would ask if you wanna stay in wild shape or not. You decide and then everything is fine.

My suggestion is that you can choose to exit wild shape as dialogues start.
I got to
the druid in the goblin camp. After all goblins were dead he exited his wild shape and started talking, I didn't react in time and didn't get to talk to him WITH MY DRUID! That's supposed to be my moment as the druid character, and it was ruined by Wyll being default talker, and no sound played from his dialogue options (cuz bugs I guess).

Please fix wild shape.

Last edited by Turglayfopa; 03/03/21 04:52 PM.
veteran
veteran
I would still like some NPC to react on our druid in animal form ...
At least one word sentence: "Shoo!" Would be nice. frown

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
That will prob come way way later when all essential things are done

D
D
Try this, then: Try to incapacitate your druid Tav by something that deals damage over time (poison, acid, fire). Wildshape right at the turn/moment Tav would fall unconscious (0 HP) - if you time it right, you will be stuck in your wildshape forever, without ever having any way to shift back to humanoid form (or cast spells - even Lunar Mend will be gone). However, you will be able to talk to anyone this way - and see some hilariously broken cutscenes (especially if your form is something large, like a bear). You will essentially become the talking version of the beast forever.

D
D
Originally Posted by DiDiDi
Try this, then: Try to incapacitate your druid Tav by something that deals damage over time (poison, acid, fire). Wildshape right at the turn/moment Tav would fall unconscious (0 HP) - if you time it right, you will be stuck in your wildshape forever, without ever having any way to shift back to humanoid form (or cast spells - even Lunar Mend will be gone). However, you will be able to talk to anyone this way - and see some hilariously broken cutscenes (especially if your form is something large, like a bear). You will essentially become the talking version of the beast forever.
Wow. How do you even stumble on such bug?!

D
D
Originally Posted by Dastan McKay
Originally Posted by DiDiDi
Wow. How do you even stumble on such bug?!
I was just trying to avoid falling to 0 HP from poison at auntie Ethel's... smile

EDIT: Also, Tav is invincible this way - if you fall to 0 HP, they just continue going... laugh

Last edited by DiDiDi; 04/03/21 03:33 PM.
stranger
stranger
Does anyone know of a mod to talk to humans and be in the cutscenes while in you wild shape? or if Larian will implement this feature?

Z
addict
addict
Z
Well i wish it was like in early access I am not sure why they changed it to this current form.
For example the myrmidons are still functioning the same way like in early access.
When you want to talk to someone it changes back to the original form then after finishing the conversion it changes back to myrmidon.
I dont know why in animal form it's not working or why they changed it.

Link Copied to Clipboard