Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Basically, let us keep this Quasit fellow... I want him to stay at the camp though, I dont really want him as a permanent companion. Unless you are a warlock, then he becomes a specific pact of the chain option... Gaining the servitude of Quasit and losing the quasit is just... to depresso. I am fine with him being a cosmetic companion like The Owlbear Cub, and Scratch.

Speaking of the Owlbear Cub and Scratch... Give druids (when they get to the appropriate level) the option to awaken them (lets not bother making it a spell okay. just an option for certain animals in the world when a druid gets to a certain level)

Im not saying "make scratch a companion like all the human ones" but I am saying "man wouldnt it be cool if scratch could become a wild magic sorcerer after being awakened because the magic interacted with something deep in his soul?"

How about Halsin BTW? IT seems weird this guy is just going to chill at our camp... forever... I guess? (this covers druid)

HEY ALSO LET US KEEP BERNARD THE ROBOT... I dont care if he is a companion or not... Barbarian? IDK, this is again someone that I dont care if they are a companion, or just a passive camp follower. You cant put a robot in there that is like "I will obey you" then just have the robot chill in a tower, there is no D&D reality where that would happen.

That Karlach person seems pretty much like they should be a companion, actually break off one of her horns, and make her a paladin, paladin seems right.

I know it will never happen, but in my heart I greatly desire a companion of every class. Based on what I am reading there might be at least 8 companions total, plus player... thats 9 character classes in the party potentially right! you would only need 3 more.

#makescratchasorcerer #makebernardabarbarian

O
OcO Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
O
Karlach has been datamined as a potential paladin Origin companion.

On Shovel, I completely agree with it not making sense to be a 1 time scroll. Personally I think it should be changed to a once per long rest Summon Shovel wand type item. Shovel's dialogue mentions that it's old master never summoned it for anything fun. That implies it was summoned repeatedly and that simply isn't possible with a destroyed on use scroll.

On Quasits, I haven't seen if it was changed yet, but the Quasit's menacing attack should NOT be a 1 use per rest ability. It is the only summoned that has a cooldown on it's abilities.

old hand
old hand
I want shovel to be made into a true companion actually, a party member with a class and all that. A demon bound by magic and forced to follow orders could be an interesting perspective, especially as you don't know how to, or don't want to, send him back to the abyss. So now you are stuck with a quasit slowly growing in power and who might become some greater evil.

Bernard would be an awesome Warforged anything really. Could be a barbarian, rogue, fighter, even something like a clockwork soul sorcerer or a wizard or artificer. Essentially he has great potential, could even leave him blank til you give him a class designation via orders? (I have not encountered him in recent patch so going mostly off your description.)

Last edited by CJMPinger; 04/03/21 06:25 AM.
U
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
U
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I want shovel to be made into a true companion actually, a party member with a class and all that. A demon bound by magic and forced to follow orders could be an interesting perspective, especially as you don't know how to, or don't want to, send him back to the abyss. So now you are stuck with a quasit slowly growing in power and who might become some greater evil.

Bernard would be an awesome Warforged anything really. Could be a barbarian, rogue, fighter, even something like a clockwork soul sorcerer or a wizard or artificer. Essentially he has great potential, could even leave him blank til you give him a class designation via orders? (I have not encountered him in recent patch so going mostly off your description.)

Personally, I think they should avoid repeating classes for companions. So barbarian for Bernard. He is a big, huge, robot dude wielding a glaive... When he malfunctions = Raging, simple enough.

Shovel... god IDK, he could work as a sorcerer, he is not really a warrior type?

Bard XD give him a little magic flute?

IDK, I prefer shovel to be a camp-based NPC personally, maybe he can provide some trading or something?!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by urktheturtle
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

Personally, I think they should avoid repeating classes for companions. So barbarian for Bernard. He is a big, huge, robot dude wielding a glaive... When he malfunctions = Raging, simple enough.

Shovel... god IDK, he could work as a sorcerer, he is not really a warrior type?

Bard XD give him a little magic flute?

IDK, I prefer shovel to be a camp-based NPC personally, maybe he can provide some trading or something?!

I'm of the mind that repeating is fine as long as origin covers all the classes at base. So non origin can be to round out the roster such as adding a second wizard or just for cool characters to join.
Also I'd think shovel a caster, sorcerer, warlock, bard, or wizard. If wizard he should be locked to Necromancer for flavor.

Last edited by CJMPinger; 04/03/21 06:46 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Does Shovel Use a Shovel as a weapon?
I can has Shovel Knight?

Link Copied to Clipboard