Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello everyone,

We have just released another hotfix for you!

With this hotfix we’ve addressed some of the most common crashing issues, a few dialogue trigger points getting stuck, and an issue with inventory being empty after pickpocketing a party member. And please note if you are experiencing crashes on startup or getting an error message about .pak files when loading savegames, please verify your files.

To access the latest updates to the game, make sure you have opted out of all beta branches on Steam and have your game set to automatically update. This will bring through the most up to date version of the game for you.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Thank you for your reports on these issues. And thank you for all of your screenshots of you sitting around as wolves, badgers, cats and bears, we love to see them!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Thanks to Koakatora for this beauty. ^

Changelist:
  • Fixed certain dialogue trigger checkpoints not working or getting stuck. This was related to being in Wild Shape while triggering dialogues.
  • Fixed a possible crash when saving.
  • Fixed a crash related to a VRAM leak.
  • Fixed a crash related to PhysX materials.
  • Fixed a crash when viewing tooltips by hovering over combatants while someone joins or leaves the game.
  • Fixed a rare crash when entering character creation.
  • Fixed a rare crash when an object falls into a chasm.
  • Fixed a crash related to incorrect or corrupted game files.
  • Fixed a crash related to closing containers if too many were opened by pressing escape quickly.
  • Fixed empty inventory after pickpocketing a party member.

Stadia:
  • Fixed the UI getting stuck when switching devices (e.g. switching from a Chromecast session to your PC).

Last edited by Jess Larian; 05/03/21 02:38 PM.
B
B
Thanks for the hotfix! Any chance we might get the GOG offline installers before the weekend? hehe

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by Bomor
Thanks for the hotfix! Any chance we might get the GOG offline installers before the weekend? hehe

They may not make it today but they should indeed be available before the weekend for you.

B
B
No worries about today. If it's available tomorrow that's fine. Thanks a bunch!

veteran
veteran
Could you please add a version number when you give out a new patch.
Like the thread title for hotfix 4 that is still on top of the general discussions page for unknown reasons.

Patch 4, hotfix 8 is a nice name when players want to see the change log to see what have been already fixed
but when playing the game you only see the version number so it may be hard to tell if you have the latest patch.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by Madscientist
Could you please add a version number when you give out a new patch.
Like the thread title for hotfix 4 that is still on top of the general discussions page for unknown reasons.

Patch 4, hotfix 8 is a nice name when players want to see the change log to see what have been already fixed
but when playing the game you only see the version number so it may be hard to tell if you have the latest patch.

I have added the version number in the subject line now and can do this going forward to make things easier for you.

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
No worries about today. If it's available tomorrow that's fine. Thanks a bunch!

Hotfix is now available for GOG offline installer.

B
B
Vey cool. Huge improvement in terms of timely (offline) patch availability compared to the previous patches! Thanks a lot!

enthusiast
enthusiast

Galaxy works perfectly. I have no problems with it. You'll get the patches for all your Gog games faster using Galaxy. I only use offline to save my backup installable copy of each game, but I don't download the offline installer until the game has received its final patch--otherwise I'd be doing a lot of offline downloading for nothing...;) Not sure why people shy away from Galaxy these days--the new version seems very solid to me.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Waltc

Galaxy works perfectly. I have no problems with it. You'll get the patches for all your Gog games faster using Galaxy. I only use offline to save my backup installable copy of each game, but I don't download the offline installer until the game has received its final patch--otherwise I'd be doing a lot of offline downloading for nothing...;) Not sure why people shy away from Galaxy these days--the new version seems very solid to me.

Agreed. I actually prefer GOG Galaxy to Steam. No problems either.

A
addict
addict
A
All saves made on hotfix 8 are crashing for me (I'm playing the gog version) when loading. Funny enough I've had no issues with patch 4.

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by ash elemental
All saves made on hotfix 8 are crashing for me (I'm playing the gog version) when loading. Funny enough I've had no issues with patch 4.

Could you send one or two of the affected saves through to our support team at support@larian.com so we can investigate please?

B
B
Originally Posted by Waltc

You seem to be very happy with GOG Galaxy and that's great. I just happen to prefer the offline installer instead. I am not sure what you mean about "offline downloading for nothing", though. When a new patch is released, there is usually also a single (offline) patch file available so the download size should be identical/similar to what's happening via GOG Galaxy. However, in the past, BG3 offline patches were published with a fairly big delay but this has now changed thanks to Jess.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Jess Larian
Originally Posted by ash elemental

Could you send one or two of the affected saves through to our support team at support@larian.com so we can investigate please?
I've sent a save via the feedback option. But I've found one save that wasn't corrupted, right at the beginning of the game, before doing the dank crypt. This one works without issues and allows for saving, so perhaps soemthing glitched in the crypt.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You seem to be very happy with GOG Galaxy and that's great. I just happen to prefer the offline installer instead. I am not sure what you mean about "offline downloading for nothing", though. When a new patch is released, there is usually also a single (offline) patch file available so the download size should be identical/similar to what's happening via GOG Galaxy. However, in the past, BG3 offline patches were published with a fairly big delay but this has now changed thanks to Jess.

It's a "waste" imo because the newer files always supplant the older in the offline files stack--ie, download an installable this week, next week another patch is released which supplants last week's offline installer, etc., ad infinitum. This will have happened dozens of times before BG3 is finalized. Generally speaking, Galaxy updates quickly and automatically--don't have to keep track of ten million patch-file versions...;) Just open Galaxy and let the game update automatically while you do something else. There will still be delays between the Galaxy release and the offline patch versions in most games, however, with Galaxy being faster. I've 365 GOG games atm--many of them are final and will not be seeing more updates--they are in my personal archives--since I don't like buying games that do not include my very own installable copy. (I have greatly paired down my Steam purchases because of that.) Galaxy is the only way to keep up with that library automatically and without effort. Basically, Gog Galaxy updates installed games just like Steamworks does, with the key difference that Gog also supplies its customers with their own installable copies of their games--which is where Offline comes in. With Gog you get the best of both worlds--but if you don't use Galaxy then you miss half of what Gog gives you. You seem to be thinking that it's an either-or-proposition--that if you use Galaxy you can't use Offline patching--of course that is not true. You can use both! If fact, it is GOG's intention that you do.

I will say that for years I stayed away from Galaxy for the primary reason that Galaxy was still in beta--but the software has been out of beta for years and the new 2.0 versions seem rock solid to me--and work exactly as expected. So I have shed my "fear" of Galaxy these days.

Also, just because you use Galaxy does not mean you have to use the Galaxy UI to run your games. I don't--I run them all from their own executables, exactly like if I'd downloaded and installed from the offline installer. Exactly as I did before Galaxy matured to its present state. No difference--except Galaxy does the housekeeping for me automatically. I would think everyone would know this by now--but some folks don't, as I've discovered.

I allow Galaxy to update my games automatically, but that is as far as I use Galaxy. It's darned convenient.

So...sometime, couple-three years from now, Larian will have executed its last patch for BG3, possibly...;) That is when I'll download the offline installer files, put my copy in mothballs, ...and hope there won't be another Update...! (Knowing Larian, that will be ongoing for a couple of years.)

So, that's it--hope this answers your questions...;) Using both services from GOG--the way you want to use them--is the ticket, seems to me...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
C
stranger
stranger
C
and gog users are screwed so i might ask for a refund then
im right in transition to a new laptop and desktop and thus i wanted the non galaxy version
justifying galaxy use is terrible and ill add the exact reasons for not having it are what i am doing so i got games on my owneed pcs and ill add i dont have to add more launchers
the hotfixes not being posted shows laziness on account of developers
what if one of the hotfixes creates an issue with my hardware so i need to stay on say the 6th of them till a fix comes and you can test.
ya exact reason above is why this is terrible
might as well get drmed slower and use steam if you think galaxy is the bomb
andnot saying to offend but lazy dumb people need launchers more then intellectually sound humans whom are willing to do some lil work for there software

Last edited by chronoss2016; 15/03/21 01:24 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by chronoss2016
and gog users are screwed so i might ask for a refund then
im right in transition to a new laptop and desktop and thus i wanted the non galaxy version
justifying galaxy use is terrible and ill add the exact reasons for not having it are what i am doing so i got games on my owneed pcs and ill add i dont have to add more launchers
the hotfixes not being posted shows laziness on account of developers
what if one of the hotfixes creates an issue with my hardware so i need to stay on say the 6th of them till a fix comes and you can test.
ya exact reason above is why this is terrible
might as well get drmed slower and use steam if you think galaxy is the bomb
andnot saying to offend but lazy dumb people need launchers more then intellectually sound humans whom are willing to do some lil work for there software

What the hell? That is not happening to me at all. This might be an issue with your computer, maybe? I've been very happy with GOG Galaxy 2.0, and find it better than Steam (more convenient and intuitive), but that's me. I'm surprised you're having issues with it. I now use Gog for most of my games, unless it's a game that Steam has and GOG doesn't.

J
stranger
stranger
J
So far, this fix has broken more things than it has fixed. I started the game from new yesterday as a druid. Issues I have encountered include:

Many locks previously pickable are no longer pickable. Specific examples:
- Kagha's chest
- Alchemy lab chest in the cellar

Moreover, using or succeeding on checks breaks the game:
- Correctly passing the check on the Book of Dead Gods in the forgotten ruins
- Attempting to disarm the traps in the alchemy lab (cellar)
In both cases, this casues a stuck dialog that forces a quit / lose progress.

I'm guessing these are widespread issues affecting many objects, locks, etc. I'll wait for these to be fixed until trying it again. For a AAA priced title, this is disappointing.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by jellybags
So far, this fix has broken more things than it has fixed. I started the game from new yesterday as a druid. Issues I have encountered include:

Many locks previously pickable are no longer pickable. Specific examples:
- Kagha's chest
- Alchemy lab chest in the cellar

Moreover, using or succeeding on checks breaks the game:
- Correctly passing the check on the Book of Dead Gods in the forgotten ruins
- Attempting to disarm the traps in the alchemy lab (cellar)
In both cases, this casues a stuck dialog that forces a quit / lose progress.

I'm guessing these are widespread issues affecting many objects, locks, etc. I'll wait for these to be fixed until trying it again. For a AAA priced title, this is disappointing.

Triple A price, because it's worth it, and I think you agree in the end. However, it's still in Early Access, so you have to be patient with this kind of stuff for about a year, jellybags. C'mon now, you know this.

As far as your specific issues, what are you playing in? Steam, Gog? I'm on GOG, and using/succeeding in checks works fine, nothing broke, no stuck dialogues. Do you remember which specific dialogue(s)?

But yes!! Kagha's chest is indeed impossible to pick.

Has anyone else here found a way to unlock it? As in, if you get Kagha's key for it, will it open? Perhaps it's supposed to be impossible at first? Lemme know what you've all found, I'm curious about this one.

Jess Offline OP
Larian Alumni
OP Offline
Larian Alumni
Originally Posted by MarcoNeves
Has anyone else here found a way to unlock it? As in, if you get Kagha's key for it, will it open? Perhaps it's supposed to be impossible at first? Lemme know what you've all found, I'm curious about this one.

The chest is bugged at the moment, won't open with key or lockpicks, current workaround is to destroy the chest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard