Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
MsTek Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Is there a way to slaughter all the druids violently and let the Teiflings live or get the grove.

I want it to be bloody and awful... like the burning of Teldrassil.

Please, make this an option. Safe the Teiflings, torture the druids to death.

Last edited by MsTek; 07/03/21 02:43 AM.
S
addict
addict
S
You can always save the Tieflings and when they are gone after the party, go back to the grove and wipe out the druids.

JoB Offline
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
You can always save the Tieflings and when they are gone after the party, go back to the grove and wipe out the druids.
Don't you have to save Halsin and kill the goblin bosses to do that, though?

veteran
veteran
Im affraid you cant take the groove for tieflings, they allways leave.
Even if thing goes wrong and you are forced to murder all druids (for several possible reasons), they simply go to Baldur's Gate after goblin problem is solved.

Originally Posted by JoB
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Don't you have to save Halsin and kill the goblin bosses to do that, though?
You do ... but that does not matter, players find something Larian didnt think about.
They joined Tieflins, saved the groove (Halsins survival is irellevant in this scenario), then celebrated ... and next day simply walked in the groove and start killing ... no story included, no EA consequences present (even if you have Halsin in camp, he wont react) ... no reasons to do that, but you certainly can.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
old hand
old hand
Can't you join the goblins, then switch side back to the Tieflings at the Battle of the Circle Gate?

Optimistically Apocalyptic
P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
Steal the idol in the centre of the grove and all the druids should go hostile to you, but not the Tieflings unless you hit one of them with an aoe.

Last edited by Piff; 07/03/21 10:49 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai
Can't you join the goblins, then switch side back to the Tieflings at the Battle of the Circle Gate?

You can, but then the druids live too.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
No, but then the Tieflings leave and you can kill the druids without having to rescue Halsin and kill all the bosses.

M
MsTek Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
They really need to add this option as that the Druids are awful and should die.

old hand
old hand
There's nothing particular wrong with the Druids.

veteran
veteran
Most of the druids are quite friendly - even Kagha regrets her actions, if you convince her during the fight against the shadow druids. The onyl druids, I really don't like are the woman and the guy, who turns into a bear and wants to attack everything at the entrance to the grove and those spiteful two druids inside the chamber area, that are sad, that Kagha didn't kill Arabella and constantly using racial slur when referring to tieflings.
But the rest is quite firendly.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
That is just another way of joining Tieflings actualy. laugh

Originally Posted by Piff
Steal the idol in the centre of the grove and all the druids should go hostile to you, but not the Tieflings unless you hit one of them with an aoe.
When i stealed the idol, back in patch 3, druids gone mad ... one of them screamed something like: "They gone too far now!"
And go kill Tieflings. O_o

No, but then the Tieflings leave and you can kill the druids without having to rescue Halsin and kill all the bosses.
I thought that one of premises is take the Groove for Tieflings ... so they dont need to leave.
Therefore, if you need to help them leave first, you kinda failed your objective. O_o

old hand
old hand
If you play as a Tiefling druid and talk to Kagha she is still bitchy.

You can kill the druids and have most of the Tieflings survive. Start with Nettie and work your way out. I couldn't get Kagha to stay inside to fight the last time I tried this, she ran outside with some of the others. I had two left to kill inside first then went outside to join that fight.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
That is just another way of joining Tieflings actualy. laugh

Originally Posted by Piff
When i stealed the idol, back in patch 3, druids gone mad ... one of them screamed something like: "They gone too far now!"
And go kill Tieflings. O_o

I thought that one of premises is take the Groove for Tieflings ... so they dont need to leave.
Therefore, if you need to help them leave first, you kinda failed your objective. O_o

The Tieflings can't stay in the Grove, there's no food left for them. That's the reason the Druids are throwing them out in the first place. If the Tieflings stay they'll all starve. If the Tieflings kill or drive off the Druids or in any way take over the Grove they'll still starve because they completely lack the skills to feed themselves in any way.

That's the entire reason behind why Kagha's ritual has such support. The druids let the Tieflings in and the Tieflings have emptied their stores. Now they're at risk of being literally besieged by enemies and don't have any resources left to weather that storm for themselves, let alone provide for a host of other people at the same time. They've already given the Tieflings far more than anyone could reasonably expect.

But anyway back on topic. Isn't there a scenario where you attack Kagha on Zevlor's behalf? I've never followed that path so I don't know where it leads, but I presume that conflict with the Druids is unavoidable.

veteran
veteran
The Tieflings can't stay in the Grove, there's no food left for them.
Yup. :-/
That is why i said such scenario is impossible. laugh

But anyway back on topic. Isn't there a scenario where you attack Kagha on Zevlor's behalf? I've never followed that path so I don't know where it leads, but I presume that conflict with the Druids is unavoidable.
There is, that and many others ways to kill Druids ...
But if you choose any of them, few NPC run out in real time, while your group is sticked in turn-base combat (so there is curently no way to stop them ... allready talked about that in other topic) ... and start Tiefling genocide. Most of them survive, mostly armored ones ... not sure about kids, but civilians are gone after that. :-/

addict
addict
In theory, when you steal a druid idol disguised as a tiefling (using a skill), druids attack tieflings and a bloodbath ensues. Some of the druids attack you as well. In this battle, Zevlor and Kagha die, but, what is most strange, everyone says "we won", druids and tieflings, those who survived.

Buuuuuut

After, Astarion says that he is impressed that you killed druids, so apparently tieflings won. Since Kagha is dead, they won't be chased away again.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyloth
In theory, when you steal a druid idol disguised as a tiefling (using a skill), druids attack tieflings and a bloodbath ensues. Some of the druids attack you as well. In this battle, Zevlor and Kagha die, but, what is most strange, everyone says "we won", druids and tieflings, those who survived.
Exactly the same happened to me and i was not disguised as anything. :-/

P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
Odd, the one time I saw the idol get stolen, the Druids went hostile, and they started to attack the Tieflings, but the Tieflings won that fight, because most of the druids are down in the central grove area, and should go right for you.

Also, it'd been bugging me for a while now, can I please just point out the stupidity of a Druid grove that allegedly has multiple high level Druids in it, but somehow no one in the fucking place knows the create food and water spell? They have access to their whole spell list and can change them when they long rest. It's one of the quintessential care and survival spells. It's bothered me for a while now that the whole crux of the conflict rides on "ran out of food" when that spell exists, and its level three, WHICH A LEVEL FIVE DRUID HAS ACCESS TO.

The druids seem like the kind of bad people who like to be seen to be doing good, so they shelter the tieflings, but they don't actually care about them or like them, so they pull the whole "oops, guess we're out of food" plot to kick them out, so it doesn't make them look bad for kicking the tieflings out.

old hand
old hand
That's more an issue of writing. The game as is makes clear that they are running out of food.

Also that's another of every GM's top three most hated spells :P

P
addict
Online Content
addict
P
As a GM I honestly hate excessive bookkeeping regarding rations and inventory. Players need to take care of their own shit. We're here for adventures, not hardcore survival roleplay. I think it's a great spell because it removes the need for that bookkeeping as long as someone has it, and we can focus on scary monsters instead of resource spreadsheets.

And really, if the core of your conflict in your story revolves entirely around "ran out of food" when people walk around being able to literally conjure food like fantasy jesus, well, its bad writing, even in pen and paper. If people want to play hardcore survival with advanced wilderness rules then I won't stop them, but I won't play it or run it, its not fun to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard